main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oath and Sacrifice (sequel to Portrait of a Queen)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, May 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Good morning, good day, and good evening!

This is the sequel to my fic Portrait of a Queen which can be found at www.theforce.net/forum/Forum16/HTML...it? It was impossible! Slowly, she turne

2. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Cool! I like, very much! I haven't read "Portrait of a Queen" yet... so I'm gonna have to scurry myself over there and get moving! This is good

3. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yes, it's best to read Portrait first because there are some inside jokes in the sequel. Take Sache for instance . . .

4. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    yay! i was wondering when the sequel would show itself! and it's off to a wonderful start, love the tensionish feeling you're creating and also the lightness of it. can't wait for the next part! :-D

5. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    The start of your story was great, Amidolee! What were you talking about? (Of course, I'm not a big action buff!) I'm so excited to finally see this thread! More soon!

6. MaraJSkywalker

MaraJSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2000
    Yeah! I love the beginning! I'm so glad that there's a sequel!

7. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh
    Very nice. Love it!
    Obi and Sabe romance. LOL

8. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    This is really good. Please post more!

9. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    Wahoo! I'm glad to see this sequal! This story has started out sooo sweet. Ahhhhhhh, Obi-wan and Sabe. Together at long (seven year) last. Can't wait for your next post, Amidolee!

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

It had been a long time since there had been a formal dinner served in the palace. Amidala was in her ceremonial make-up and the handmaidens were in their cloaks. Captain Panaka was not present since he was the lead command in Naboo?s military force. The Advisory Council was attending, but they were all cold to each other, carrying their squabbling from the throne room to the dining hall. The appetizer had barely been served before a polite debate broke out.

Sabe was seated across from Obi-Wan and she chewed her food in silence, doing her best to retain from rolling her eyes. This could be a long meal. Beside her, Sache was stabbing her fork a little to harshly in her salad.

Amidala seemed a little annoyed by the political banter, but she participated, soothing the troubled waters and trying to hint that they had guests. Obviously, she had not informed the Jedi of her planet?s troubles.

Sabe was taking a delicate bite of her salad when she glanced across at Obi-Wan. He had been monitoring the debate with that silent survelliance that Qui-Gon Jinn had once shown. She wondered what exactly he made of the situation. The blue eyes suddenly darted to hers. Sabe gave him a weak smile then glanced back over at the advisors. Her appetite had been dwindling and what hunger she had had was now gone. All she had heard in the past few weeks had been endless debates and squabbles.

The entre came but Sabe barely touched it. She felt Obi-Wan?s concern and gave him an assuring smile. All the handmaidens seemed to be eating delicately and Sabe noticed that Amidala was picking at her food. Anakin, on the other hand, seemed to inhale his food. He kept talking to Amidala, who seemed grateful for the distraction.

Desert was served and soon the advisors left to continue their debates. Amidala dismissed them and departed. Eirtae, Rabe, and the others left. Sabe and Obi-Wan followed. As they walked down the halls, Sabe felt suddenly silly for her fright earlier. They were friends who hadn?t seen each other in seven years. What ever she had imagined earlier had clearly been her imagination.

?You know what we haven?t done for seven years?? Sabe said casually.

?What is that?? Obi-Wan asked, smiling down at her.

?Have a little duel,? said Sabe.

?You think you could beat me?? Obi-Wan asked, the challenge clear in his voice and smile.

?I know I could,? Sabe grinned. She stopped in front of the door to the combat room.

?You planned this, didn?t you?? Obi-Wan said, repeating his response when she had challenged him in front of fifty Naboo and the Jedi Council.

?You know me,? Sabe shrugged as she entered the room. It was empty except for the various exercise and training tools. She went to her locker and took out her combat suit, then dug for her hair tie. She found it and shut the locker. Obi-Wan was watching her and she suddenly felt a twinge of self-consciousness. ?Turn around,? she ordered with a slight smile. He did so and she ducked behind the row of lockers and changed quickly into a green bodysuit. She tossed her cloak back into the locker. ?Okay.?

Obi-Wan turned and removed his robe. ?Where do I put this??

?Toss it here,? Sabe said, catching the cloak. She hung it on a hook on the wall then turned back to him noting that he looked even younger without the robe. ?Are you up for it, Old Bones?? she asked with a raised eyebrow.

?Are calling me ancient?? Obi-Wan aksed, trying to look a little hurt. ?Yeah, I?m up for it. The question is whether you?re up for it.?

?I think that was a challenge,? Sabe grinned. She stepped across the room on her bare feet to the weapons rack. She quickly picked out two sabres and tossed one over her shoulder, knowing Obi-Wan would catch it. ?Oh, shavit,? she swore. ?Hold on.?

Hurrying across the mat, Sabe found her hairtie and quickly pulled her hair back into a low ponytail.

?Ready?? Obi-Wan taunted from the mat. He was familiarizing himself with the weapon.

Sabe bounced on the balls of her feet, readying herself. She quickly stretc

11. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    YYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Keep writing!

13. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    WOOHOO! The sequel is here!

And so far, it is utterly terrific. *sigh* Obi-Wan and Sabé. Has such a nice ring to it.

More, more!

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Ami! Go Ami!

Man, after i read this beautiful post, now i have to go type a boring post on 6th Bodyguard which in no way matches up to this!

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Alderaan21, are you the one who wanted to archive Portrait? I can't remember who that was! I think it's your site that I visted, but I don't have the address, so could you be so ever kind and put a link up in this thread so we can all go and take a look? I think it's great the time I was there.

It is your site I'm thinking about, isn't it???

16. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    woohoo. a new post! and a duel! woohoo..moremore :) please :)

17. JediFinrod

Mar 4, 2000
    I second those woohoos!!! This story gets better and better, and you've only posted twice!

18. MaraJSkywalker

MaraJSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2000
    Ahh the mystery and tension....I love it!

19. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    *Loves the Sabe/Obi. They're perfect for each other!

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    SITH!!!!! mad.gif my disk erased chapter 3, so now I have to go back and re-write it!!! That's the downside of writing everything by computer, but it saves time from writing then typing. Sigh.

Well, anyways, here's chapter 2.

Chapter Two

By the time Sabe had showered and changed back into her cloak, it was in the early evening. She hurried towards the west wing, where her pupil was waiting. Kyly Frylt was a young girl of nineteen from a mountain village who had been training under Sabe?s teaching to replace Eirtae as handmaiden. The handmaiden was marrying Nymn of Lemia the next month and would resign her position as bodyguard and serve Amidala in another form.

Sabe liked Kyly and thought the girl?s training was coming along well. The younger girl was smart and poise, respecting Sabe?s four years her senior. Rushing into the large chamber, Sabe greeted the waiting girl. ?Sorry I?m late, Kyly,? she said a little breathlessly. ?I was busy picking a fight with a Jedi.?

?So the rumors are true!? Kyly exclaimed. ?Question: who?s the new blonde guy walking around??

?You must mean Anakin,? Sabe said thoughtfully. ?He?s a Obi-Wan?s apprentice.?

?Obi-Wan?? Kyly prompted.

?Kenobi. He?s the Knight,? Sabe explained.

Kyly frowned for a moment. ?Aren?t they the Jedi . . . ?? her voice trailed off.

?Yes, the same ones,? Sabe confirmed.

?Can I meet them?? Kyly asked eagerly. ?I?ve never met Jedi, much less ones that saved our planet.?

Sabe thought a moment. ?I?m not sure where they are exactly,? she said. ?But I guess we can do a little search and destroy. Just don?t get into the whole hero business. I don?t think they appreciate it much.?

Kyly nodded and followed her out of the ?classroom?. Sabe wondered exactly how much Obi-Wan was going to like this little fandom.

Chapter 4 is really dark and kinda creepy. I started it last night, but I have to go back and re-do 3 now

21. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Actually, I haven't finished putting it up yet-- I'm getting the story all into one file before I put it up. When I do put it up (tonight) it'll be http://www.geocities.com/anakin_and_amidala/sabe_and_obiwan.htm"here .

Sorry to hear about chapter 3. Here's a pic to lighten things up, and hope you get the next part up soon!

http://www.geocities.com/anakin_and_amidala/obiqueensabe.jpg

I've taken to archiving S/O pics now. Thanks to the RHS, my S/O fetish is getting remarkedly more intense as time goes on.

[This message has been edited by Alderaan21 (edited 05-05-2000).]

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks, Alderaan21!! I love the pic, too! I also love the RHS. I took some of the pictures off there and have used them for various projects in art class! Like right now, I'm working on this stipling (or pointelism) portrait on Sabe. It's this picture made of itty-bitty little dots.

I got half on 3 re-typed, but it's changed a lot from the 3 I had before. It might be better, and then again, it might not. But none of you have seen it yet so it won't matter I guess.

More tomorrow!!

23. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I have a message for you:

Mr. P Says "POST MORE! WE NEED MORE STORY!!"

I absolutley love this thread.

24. JediFinrod

Mar 4, 2000
    I'm sorry about Chapter 3, Amidolee! Computers aren't my friends either!

Your portrait sounds interesting! I've never tried that technique because I thought it would be too tedious. It would be perfect posted with your Portrait stories at Alderaan's site. (But I'm sure you've thought of that already! )

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I don't have a scanner to post the picture on here

Ugh, got back from driver's ed and just didn't have the gumption to get back online or finish chap 3, so I watched Anywhere But Here when it was over i tried to get back online, but the server was being incredibly slow mad.gif It was late anyways so i went to bed so i could get an early start today. I have to go to a friend's sweet 16 party this afternoon and will be gone probably all night, and watch the Kentucky Derby today, too. I'm a horse-nut.

Sigh.

Well, here's a little more!

It actually wasn?t hard finding Anakin, Sabe soon discovered. The Padawan seemed eager to make his presence known, and those that met him quickly connected this Anakin Skywalker with the same boy who had saved their planet seven years ago. Sabe was leading Kyly down one of the more public hallways to practically run into Anakin.

?Hey, Sabe,? Anakin greeted cheerfully. ?Want to race??

?Not at the moment, Ani,? Sabe replied, wondering where the kid found his energy. She gestured to Kyly, who was grinning at Anakin. ?This is Kyly Frylt. She?s training to be a handmaiden. Kyly, this is Anakin Skywalker.?

?Hello,? Anakin greeted politely. He reached out and shook Kyly?s hand. The girl seemed to accept the gesture as if some god had just asked to shake her hand.

And Anakin was acting as if he was a god, Sabe noted. It was only natural, she supposed, since just about everyone in the palace remembered what he had done and were a little awed by his presence. ?Have you checked out the combat room yet, Ani?? Sabe asked after a moment.

The blonde head bobbed. ?On my way there now. I asked Master if he?d care to spar a bit, but he just said he?d rather meditate,? he said, a slight mocking tone in his voice.

?Is he all right?? Sabe asked in concern.

Anakin shrugged. ?Yeah.? He smiled slightly and cocked his head to the side. ?I guess your little duel earlier wore him out. See ya later, Sabe. Kyly,? he nodded politely.

Kyly watched the Padawan strode down the hall for a moment. ?Wow,? she breathed after a moment. ?I finally met a Jedi! Can we go find the other one??

Sabe shook her head. ?No, Ani said he was meditating. Never disturb a Jedi while he?s meditating. Or sleeping for that matter,? she added as an afterthought. Yes, she had learned that the hard way. Kyly looked a little disappointed, but quickly brightened. Sabe dismissed her and headed for the office wing of the palace. She had work to do.

Her office was one of her favorite places. Or had been until the war had started. The chamber was fairly small but comfy. A large floor-to-ceiling window overlooked the valley below and red velvet curtains hung from the window. Her desk was a large antique made of finely crafted wood. For the most part, she just kept secondary files for the Queen and sorted through the handmaidens? business. Now, it was cluttered with copies of treaties and the careful layouts of the neighboring governments and systems laws. It was a headache crammed into a few datacards and she wished that she could do away with it all.

With a small sigh, she sat down and turned her datapad on, scrolling down to see what Panaka had sent her. Apparently things on the battlefront weren?t as pearly as they had first thought. The next squadron of starfighters were already being requested for action. One other system was refusing to obey the treaty and were starting their own little war for spite. This was what the Queen had feared.

?Need any help??

Sabe jumped at the voice and nearly dropped her datapad in the process. She rubbed her eyes and looked up to see Obi-Wan in the doorway. ?I-I didn?t hear you come in,? she said, slightly confused.

?You were rather intrigued at the moment,? Obi-Wan said, taking a seat in front of her desk. The chair was of ancient oak and had been one of Sabe?s favorites. The Knight looked at her intently. ?I never saw you as the type to sit at a desk and read documents all day.?

?I never saw me as the type, either,? Sabe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.