main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oath and Sacrifice (sequel to Portrait of a Queen)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, May 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    Sabe, deary, just let fate take it's course. There's nothing you can do to rush those things.

Amidolee it just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see what Sabe decides to do!!!

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Here's a song that I think will fit this story.

There You Are

There you are in the early morning light
    There you are in the quiet words I pray
    I?ve been blessed by the simple happiness
    Of the perfect love we?ve made

Every time I turn around
    When I?m lost and when I?m found
    Like an angel standing guard
    There you are
    Every time I take a breath
    And when I forget to breathe
    You?re watching over me
    There you are
    When I?m looking for the light
    In the middle of the night
    Searching for the brightest star
    There you are

There you are standing in a crowded room
    There you are
    The Earth and I?m the moon
    My desire is to stand by the fire
    That burns inside of you

Every time I turn around
    When I?m lost and when I?m found
    Like an angel standing guard
    There you are
    Every time I take a breath
    And when I forget to breathe
    You?re watching over me
    There you are
    When I?m looking for the light
    In the middle of the night
    Searching for the brightest star
    There you are

3. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay, come on, look. I'M UP. And it's before 1:00. In pain but UP. LOL Now hurry please and post.
    LOL Sabe cracked me up. She needs to relax. Is this where she falls asleep and he comes in and finds her asleep on his bed in those clothes..... Hm

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hey, JKOW, I haven't been able to sleep in on weekends the past few months, but today I slept into 9:30!!! I was SO happy!! Here's the post you've been waiting for. Now I have to go clean my room. I got to pack for my cousin's wedding

Obi-Wan rubbed his forehead as he leaned against the wall of the turbolift. He glanced over at Anakin, who was in particularly good mood for just coming back from a session with the Council. Ordinarily, his Padawan would have been moody and quiet after such a session. Anakin had learned to accept the special sessions as a way of his life due to his potential, but he never did like the deep questioning.

Obi-Wan tended to agree with the boy?s uneasiness. He had never liked facing the Council, but then again, his experiences had always been a little rough. This session had been particularly long, the Jedi Masters interested in both of them. He had endured it, but something was buzzing in the back of his mind and he couldn?t pinpoint the distraction.

The doors opened and they stepped out into the residential wing. It was getting fairly late in the evening and many of the residents were either sleeping or eating, depending on their biological clocks. The quiet in the Temple was even more pressing, and Obi-Wan sometimes wanted to escape. But where would he go? He was a Jedi Knight.

?Master?? Anakin spoke quietly.

Obi-Wan turned his head to look at his Padawan, always a little surprised that he didn?t have to look down anymore. Anakin had grown so much . . . ?Yes, Padawan??

?Is it all right if I go meditate in the gardens??

Obi-Wan paused in his step, not bothering to hide his shock. It was extremely odd for Anakin to volunteer to meditate, but Obi-Wan wasn?t about to stop him. He nodded and Anakin hurried away in an energetic step. The Jedi Knight just shook his head and continued to his chambers. He was tired and would like nothing more than to have some time alone for a peaceful nap. He hardly ever had a full night of sleep and didn?t expect this night to be any different.

When he entered his small chambers, the buzz became stronger. He shook his head and shed his robe, tossing it carelessly onto the couch. Everything was just how he had left it. Still, there was something bothering him. Obi-Wan shrug the feeling away and removed his boots and belt. He needed sleep, and not just a Jedi resting technique. He headed for his bedroom and entered.

Obi-Wan shuffled across the room to the shelf, checking his lightsaber. The buzz faded to an alarm. There was someone in here. Obi-Wan spun around, lightsaber in hand. He blinked. He had to be dreaming, hallucinating. His mind was playing a cruel joke on him. Obi-Wan froze, afraid that if he moved he would lose the moment forever.

She was asleep in his bed, eyes shut, breasts rising slowly as she breathed. One arm was flung back over her head, brown hair spilling around her creamy face in soft waves. The purple robe she wore fell off one shoulder, exposing her neck and skin. Now Obi-Wan knew what Anakin meant by seeing angels. Obi-Wan stepped forward slowly, afraid she would disappear. He knelt down beside the bed, reaching out to touch her cheek. The sensation was almost a shock to him and he could only watch her breathe.

Should he wake her up or let her sleep? Obi-Wan was uncertain. More than anything he wanted to hold her, but he was almost afraid to. Slowly, he reached out and brushed her hair, letting his fingers run down her neck. He leaned forward and kissed her cheek, then lips. Sabe stirred and her arm moved. Her eyes opened and she moaned.

?Oh, no,? Sabe groaned as she opened her eyes. ?I was suppose to be awake and?? she paused and blushed, looking up into the blue eyes that traveled all over her face, fingertips brushing her cheek. ?Seduce you,? she finished with a sheepish grin.

?Seduce me?? Obi-Wan asked, his voice a whisper, his mouth quirked in a small smile. He began to kiss her again, crushing his lips against hers. He couldn?t

5. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Yes.
    Ehh, I think Anakin is going to be meditating for quite a while. tongue.gif LOL

6. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Ahhhhh!

At last!

7. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    In the immortal words of my future favorite Sith Lord:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Yippeee!!!

Not engaged? Hmmm... I must have missed something. But all the better, whatever the reason is, no?

Sabé n' Obi, sittin' in a....

8. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Ask and you shall receive, Amidolee!

http://geocities.com/Area51/Matrix/7524/sabeobiwan.jpg

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanx for the pic!!

Uh, Alderaan, you might want to go back a few posts. Khrys told her that he couldn't marry her because he knew she didn't love him. And then he takes her to Coruscant to get Obi.

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    It's towards the bottom of page 6, Alderaan 21

11. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>D'oh!

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Anakin came back to the chambers early in the morning, making sure to sneak in silently. He had stayed at Billaba?s, both congratulating themselves on their success. The Padawan quickly shut the door behind him, trying not to give a little cheer when he sensed his master?s peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sabe didn?t open her eyes, just content to doze, snuggled in a pair of strong arms and listen to Obi-Wan?s heart beating. She was so warm and content, being just with him, even if he had snored a little. But it was only a soft snoring, like an infant?s. She found it adorable. Everything about him was perfect in her mind and eye.

She opened her eyes, seeing the morning light seep in through the closed blinds of the single window in the room. She estimated she had only been asleep for three hours. The strange thing was that she wasn?t a bit sleepy. She snuggled a little closer to Obi-Wan, resting her head on his chest and looking up at his sleeping face. With a soft smile, she reached up and brushed his longer locks from his eyes, playing with the strands.

?What are you doing?? Obi-Wan mumbled, coming awake and looking at her with tired smile.

Sabe giggled and kissed him. ?Waiting for you.?

?Hmm,? Obi-Wan murmured, pulling her closer and kissing her.

For a few moments, they just stayed locked in each others embrace, then Sabe pulled away and rested her head on his chest, arm stretched across. ?Did you ever hear Anakin come in??

?Oh, don?t remind me,? Obi-Wan muttered, kissing the top of her head. ?It?s still night. No ones awake.?

Sabe laughed and sat up a bit. ?Well, don?t you have somewhere to go??

?No,? Obi-Wan said, pulling her back down. He took her hands and began kissing them. ?I?m fine where I am.?

?I have no qualms against this,? Sabe sighed, sinking back. ?Obi-Wan, I want to stay in Coruscant with you.?

Obi-Wan paused, his face becoming a little dark. ?I?m not sure about that,? he said. ?You might be safer on Naboo.?

Sabe looked up at him, suddenly confused by his change in mood. ?Don?t you want me here??

?More than anything,? Obi-Wan said, kissing her again. ?But it isn?t safe. Even the Temple is becoming a target.?

?A target? For what??

?Corruption,? the Knight sighed. ?Everything?s becoming political. Some Jedi are being hunted by bounty hunters.?

Sabe frowned and touched his cheek. ?Naboo wouldn?t be much safer if the clone force decides to attack again.?

Obi-Wan gave her a pained look. ?I hate to lose you again.?

?I know,? Sabe said, pulling him down for another kiss. ?I know.?

13. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Yay another post, and it's a slightly mushy one too!

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Anakin grinned to at nothing as he sat alone in the small kitchen area, eating his breakfast. There was the sound of muffled laughter and his grin grew. Maybe he wasn?t such a bad Padawan after all. Finishing his muja fruit, Anakin got up and went back to his room. There was a service droid he needed to patch up. It was about two hours later when he heard the other door open and two voices in the other room.

He put the droid?s brain down and peeked out, trying not to laugh at what he saw. Sabe was in a soft blue robe, trying to give Obi-Wan a lesson in cooking pancakes. His Master wasn?t paying attention, more intrigued by her throat than anything else. Sabe was giggling and trying to scold him, but she soon gave up and just turned to embrace him.

Anakin shut his door and went back to his droid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan was at peace with himself. Never before had he had such a fresh look on life and the Force. If the Council had called him before them and asked him the impossible, he would just smile and accept. Sabe had been allowed to stay for the week, and his hours were spent between her and making sure Anakin was coming along well in his training. More and more the Council wanted to see him, to take part in the training. This might have bothered Obi-Wan before, but now he merely waited for another chance to be alone with Sabe.

They talked of many things, spent time in the Room of a Thousand Waterfalls, and shared many kisses. It hurt to think that they?re blissful time would end, but Obi-Wan took his Master?s old advice and focused on the here and the now.

Now Sabe understood why the Jedi had taken such action. Why Sa?me had did what she did. The Jedi had seen the sacrifice the clone had made and had honored her by helping Sabe and Obi-Wan. Sa?me had known that if Sabe died, she would have died with a broken heart. The clone had seen life and love that had not blossomed to it?s fullest. Sa?me had been incredibly brave and noble, and Sabe felt incredibly close to her when she was happiest. Every time she kissed Obi-Wan she thanked her clone, her twin, her sister.

Only the epilogue left!

15. Sith Vegeta

Dec 2, 1999
    Ah, Sabe and Obi-Wan together at last. It took them long enought, don't you think?

And from the way you ended it Amidolee I think a sequel would be a good idea. Maybe how they keep in touch during the clone wars, or something like that.

Can't wait for the epilogue!!

[This message has been edited by Sith Vegeta (edited 05-25-2000).]

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Epilogue

The doctors had said she could never carry a child. They said she would never even carry the child through the first month if she did happen to become pregnant. Yet here she sat, at three months pregnant. Sabe couldn?t be any happier. Even if her love was at war. Even if there was the potential danger of miscarriage. Sabe was determined to have the child, and she wouldn?t fail.

But there was still that lingering sadness as she sat in the palace garden. It seemed that she had been just like this less than a year ago. Waiting in the garden for her love to come home from war safely. But her true love had come and swept her off her feet. Sabe couldn?t help but wish that Obi-Wan wasn?t a Jedi Knight, that he was with her now and left the fighting to someone else.

Shortly after Sabe had returned from Coruscant, the clone force had begun its attack again. This time they were striking the Inner Rim worlds. The Jedi Knights had been called upon by the Chancellor to fight. The Republic seemed to be collapsing and on the verge of civil war. Obi-Wan had said they couldn?t let that happen.

Sabe sighed and massaged her womb. She had wanted to stay in Coruscant, and she did for a few months, living in an apartment not far from the Temple. Depa had arranged for her to possibly stay when they learned of her condition, but then they had been called to war and she had been sent back to Naboo.

It seemed that every time she found stability, something came and knocked the ground out from under her feet. Another regret was that they hadn?t married. With a possible threat to the Jedi, Sabe and Obi-Wan had been advised that any official marriage could be used as a leverage against them. Sabe could be used to get to the Jedi, so it was best that their relationship remain anonymous. If only the galaxy would content itself with peace. Sabe felt a dread coming in the future, and she constantly prayed for Obi-Wan?s safety. And the safety of the galaxy.

17. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    OMG!! What an ending! Now I DEFINITELY think there should be a sequel. This story ended so fast to me.... S/O, finally. *sigh* But given what we know of classic trilogy continuity it probably won't last... Is the child any character we're already familiar with, I wonder? (I've always thought it would be kick-@$$ if Mara was Obi's daughter. )

Now I have to hurry up and finish archiving this sucker; I've fallen behind... I may even decide, for the heck of it, to finish with the cover art I'd been tinkering with for this story.

18. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Absolutely wonderful!!!

What do I want now?

Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!

19. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    WOW, Amidolee that was great!!! Your stories always end with a bitter sweetness.

As for the child being a character we already know, how about Han. LOL Wouldn't that be wild. Obi-Wan's child, and Darth vaders child fighting for Rebels together. LOL crazy idea.
    But of course that wouldn't work because if the force is hereditary then the child would be force sensitive.

20. Sith Vegeta

Dec 2, 1999
    Ah, that's so sweet, they're going to have a baby!!! ::Happy dances around the room for Obi-Wan and Sabe::

You have to write a sequel Amidolee, that was the perfect ending for a sequel!!

21. MaraJSkywalker

MaraJSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2000
    Absolutely beautiful story! You are an awesome writer! Sequel to the sequel would be nice.....
    You're AWESOME!

22. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Sequel, yay. . . .

23. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I could have made this story longer, but I felt as if I would be dragging it out. It'll be a longer wait for the sequel, I'm not going to jump right into it. I've got some plotting to do

I was thinking once that the kid could be Winter? Wouldn't that be odd?

Question: Which did you like better, Portrait or Oath?

Persoanlly, I like Portrait better

24. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Amidolee, I think I liked Portrait better, although Oath has a MUCH more satisfying ending. I just find clones very disconcerting. Have a great weekend at the wedding.

25. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Actually, I did read a fanfic recently where Winter *was* their daughter. (I still prefer the Mara route myself, seeing as Luke marries her later on... marrying his old master's daughter would be cool! And it would allow for the child to be Force-sensitive.) But no matter who it is, it'll still be a great story. Can't wait to read it.

I liked them about the same; Portrait maybe a bit more. Though I do agree about Oath's ending. I just really liked watching the development of O/S's friendship in 'Portrait.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.