main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Obey...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by yoda_pimp, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Since we only are active when there is controversy, I here by declare myself emperor and dissolve the elected postions. Discuss, there are morgues more lively than this place lately!

2. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Ah yes, the summer slump. Every board I'm at is dead. Other than some debate about whether Costume Bay costumes are acceptable, the whole of the 501st is even asleep. I guess the big collecting news is the TRU Y-wing preorder. The coolest part in that is the droid... ;)

I didn't even realize that CE was happening until that Saturday. :oops:

3. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    Are they?

As for the slump, I think it depends on the forums and maybe the number of users. Some of the forums I lurk at are just as busy as ever.

4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    The costume is in flux right now. For the short term the decision is left to the membership liaisons. Normally, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the debate, but now that I have taken the job for Indiana, I have to be in the know. I will make up my mind when the first application comes through. I am leaning towards "acceptable with modifications." Just like the Rubies Vader, it is gonna take some work to make it acceptable. Other factors such as fit and body type also come into play. The costume might look ok on one trooper, but a different size on a different trooper might make the inaccuracies more noticeable. I hate to just shrug the whole thing off, since they are so affordable, but in general they are not up to snuff. "If you want it cheap, make it yourself". ;)

I guess it might just be my boards. I check 5 different Star Wars groups ranging from 10-3000 members. Even my World War II reenactor forums are dead. However, the Indiana Jones forums are going strong for me, but its all speculation and unfounded rumors at this point. :oops:

Hopefully we will get some sort of new info from Comic Con. I don't care if its force unleashed or Indy or whatever. Now 2008... that should be a good year. :cool:

5. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I think that there is supposed to be an Indy IV presence at Comic Con this weekend. I didn't know that Costume Bay had Imperial stuff outside of the officers hat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.