main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Obi Wan after TPM

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Jan 28, 2016.

1. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    So one question.

Did Obi Wan receive any more training after his master died?

2. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I'm not sure on the canon of it but I never assumed he did. I figured he just helped train Anakin but I could be completely wrong

Defensor likes this.
  3. Defensor

Defensor Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 23, 2015
    I don't think he did either. I always assumed killing Darth Maul was assumed by the Council to be "proof" that Obi-Wan was ready to become a Knight.

Of course, the Jedi never stop training, so I suppose that in that sense he continued until his demise.

4. zico291

zico291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2016
    I wouldn't say he stopped training as Defensor said Jedi are always training.

5. Inanna

Inanna Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    I remember seeing a scene in TPM where Yoda grants the title of Jedi Knight to Obi-Wan. I the final scene on you see Obi-Wwan without his padawan braid and Anakin with a padawan braid. Like others have said, the Jedi is always in training. At the end of RotS, Yoda tells Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon had learned to commune with the living. Yoda wants Obi-Wan to learn the same ability.

ObiWanKnowsMe and QueenSabe7 like this.
  6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He was made a Knight since fighting Maul without falling to the dark side was his Jedi trial. No more training did he require. Anything else he did was to keep up his skills. The only time he received actual training was to communicate with Qui-gon and then learning to retain his identity.