main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Obi-Wan&Anakin #4

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I guess we'll never get the Anakin building his lightsaber origin story then.

2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Soule can write a single miniseries that weaves together the story of Anakin building all of his sabers - including his VaderSaber, and it would be amazing, because Soule.

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Just got it today, it was cool.

Can't wait for the next book.

I wonder who that Jedi was? He did look a bit like Revan I suppose, but I just hope they explain him in the next one.

revan772 likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

But look at the emitter area. It's clearly his ROTS saber.

5. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Yep. Out of curiosity is there ever a clear animation image of his lightsaber during TCW?

6. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
  7. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    And here is an image of the lightsaber from TFA. Looks like the same one.

[​IMG]

8. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    It's not clearly anything. It has the emitter of the second lightsaber, the black band around the middle of the first, and the general lack of detail that comes with the fact that, y'know, dude had deadlines to meet.

It's not a retcon, is what I'm getting at.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's fair. Just saying, the resemblance sways way closer to the ROTS saber than the AOTC one, and even the black band looks like it's inside the ring of the ROTS one. But whatever, I was just commenting on it.

10. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Haha, it's all good!

11. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Actually, it quite clearly is the RotS saber. It has the two cutouts with the little pegs in each, and the big button between them. It also has the two prongs on the top that the AotC saber doesn't, and the bottom grips are drawn thick, just like the RotS saber. The inner part of the emitter band does appear black, but that's just an easier alternative to drawing the greebled texture that should be there. Every other appearance of Anakin's lightsaber in the series so far is the correct AotC saber, though, so this is just a continuity error.:)

LelalMekha likes this.
  12. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There, problem solved. Nothing to see here, citizens. Move along.

13. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    NO WE MUST DECLARE IT A NEW LIGHTSABER AND DEMAND A STORY OR REFERENCE BOOK ABOUT WHY IT EXISTS

Umm. Sorry there. I was forgetting my Vidian. #ForgetTheOldWay

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This, by the way, was one of my biggest problems with the old Technical Commentaries. Sometimes an ugly Star Destroyer is just an ugly Star Destroyer.

This is Anakin's lightsaber, the one he has at this point in the story. Somebody made an oops. It's fine. We don't need Mas Amedda running around panicking that this is a crisis.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan."

:D

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, both of them. :p
    [​IMG]

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

That was one of the best errors in TCW. I think ghost Sabine beats it, though. :p

SilentGuy66 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Here is a theory, what if Anakin made both sabers at the same time, and just trades between them, I mean we know he practiced duel wielding right?:p

BigAl6ft6 and darklordoftech like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've caught up on these. I like the way Palpatine's manipulations are done here.

Anakin: "Sir, this is horrible! You should do something!"
    Palpatine: "Now, now, Anakin, I'll take care of every minor problem with acts of terrorism later but I could not POSSIBLY usurp the Senate's power, it just would not be proper."

The scene in which they go into the Underworld is great.

I was shocked to see Anakin hand over his lightsaber. Makes me wonder how many times he quit the Order temporarily, or threatened to.

20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Maybe we could see that in another Obiwan and anakin arc, a "year one" version.

mes520 likes this.
  21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    How's this series doing, like story wise? Would people recommend it?

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    It really is fascinating, I would recommend it. There is a lot of mystery to it, some unsolved questions. A lot of people would say get it for the flash back scenes mostly, but I think the "present" is also very good. But it would be up to the individual to judge. All around its a good comic, and really delves deeply into some of Anakin's relationships with people and the order at the time.

23. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Cool, cool. So how's it set up in regards to these flashbacks?

24. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Why? I mean, if people can create different species backstories for two almost similar-looking aliens in background artwork, why not the same for ships? No one, in all my time here, has managed to explain this difference (*cough*hypocrisy*cough*) adequately. o_O
    I mean, for all we know, every blue ocean/green land planet that isn't named in a story, could all be the same planet. No need to create more. :p

25. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Well, they aren't really set up, in most of the books about the half way point something just triggers them, nothing really specific. The main story takes place while Obi and Ani are on a mission, and then something in each book causes a flash back (Nothing really specific about it) to the events directly preceding that Flashback while they were on Coruscant. But it certainly adds some interesting dialog between Obi, Ani, and Palpatine. The Flash backs for the most part take up maybe a little less then half the book most of the time, but the latest caught them up tom the present, and now its all about their mission.