main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan Challenge Stories - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Vader's right for sure. :p

Can't wait to see some replies for this challenge.

2. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Most definately a male stripper. One who pulls in lots of money.

3. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Title: Slippery Situation

Author: Yodan

Warnings: There is nothing bad really, it would be PG rated more then likely. Beware of Mud Wrestling, and Jello makes an appearance...

Thanks to JadeSolo for her "Masterly" support in this endeavor and to Koori who helped me with some ?tense? situations? :p (among other things?) Also, Thanks to Mamma Vader for giving this the final Mod stamp of approval! [:D]

This is a response to the Challenge, "What if Qui-Gon hadn't taken Obi as his apprentice? What if Obi-Wan had skipped Agri-Corps altogether though? What would he have grown up to be? Write a post showing an AU Obi-Wan. What type of career could you see him picking?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slippery Situation

Obi-Wan Kenobi had had a good life, hard at times, but good none the less. He was esteemed and well loved by his peers, and was renowned around the galaxy. Who could ask for more?

In the twelve years since he?d left the Jedi Order (or more accurately, since the had Order left him,) Obi-Wan had done a great many things. His first job was that of a farmer. Yes, you heard right, the great Obi-Wan Kenobi started off his glorious career as a mere field hand.

Understandably, that lasted less then a week. From these humble beginnings Obi-Wan moved on to being a ship?s hand for a cargo freighter. But inevitably his natural dislike of flying reared its not-so-pretty head, and Obi-Wan was constrained into early retirement from shipping at the vessel?s very first port.

It was at about this point that Obi-Wan began to feel disheartened. The planet that the shippers left him on was Nolupqe, a pleasure planet, where the rich were unbelievably well off while the poor lived and worked in slums. This was the kind of planet that had no middle class, just rich, poor, and tourists. And oh, did Nolupqe attract an abundance of tourists.

At first Obi-Wan was a come-and-go boy for the rich, but his employer slipped up and had the wrong bundle delivered to the wrong people, and Obi-Wan became the whipping boy.

Since he had no money and very few marketable job skills, (thanks a lot Jedi) a few days after he left his job all he had left were the clothes on his back. So, due to his lack of options he had to settle for a less desirable job, and thus he became a stripper.

Now it was a better existence then Obi-Wan had imagined, he was taken care of and even babied a bit. All he had to do was keep his marvelous physique and occasionally bear all. Not that Obi-Wan, known as Obi-Wan CanShowMe, was a bear, quite the opposite in fact.

And thus Obi-Wan lived the next several years in striper-stardom until one night he had an encounter with a regular to establishment that Obi-Wan denudated at. Don?t worry, it wasn?t that kind of encounter, the two gentlemen just had a discussion about Obi?s future and how a physical specimen like Obi-Wan could get very far on the gaming circuit. Also he mentioned how much better the accommodations and monetary compensation would be.

This offer tickled Obi-Wan?s fancy, because obviously one could not disrobe before a room of strangers forever. He was thinking that it may be time to hang up his leopard skin thong.

Thus he decided to leave the name Obi-Wan CanShowMe behind forever, and move on to better dressed pastures? Perhaps not better dressed, but hopefully greater dressed.

His manager and co-workers were very disappointed to see him go, he was quite popular with all of the customers and therefore his presence would be sorely missed.

And so he went off with the customer, now his agent, to the local sporting center, of which there were dozens on Nolupqe, to register as an athlete. The sports system on this world involved three levels of playing, one was against athletes from your own hub, second was at other plazas, and finally the intergalactic teams.

He was told that that if he wanted to go far with a body like he had, the choice was an easy one. They thought tha

4. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Have I mentioned I love this vig, Yodan? Cause I do.

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    So glad you posted this here. :D I can see Obi-Wan's Force abilities aiding him in this career. Plus I for one would enjoy watching. Still very good but I'm partial to the other board version. [face_batting]

6. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    ?In your dreams, perhaps??

Or in mine...

Great job, Yodan! Love the leopard-print thong. :D

7. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh Yodan, that was excellent! =D= I love the style.

8. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Nice job, Yodan.

:)

I'm still waiting for a plot bunny to jump out at me.

9. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I'm with Oe on this one. I've told you what I think of it. No need to go into detail here. :p

10. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    It took me ten minutes to recover from your "Obi-Wan CanShowMe" and then you come out with:

?You are delusional to think you can stick it to me!?

o_O Not going to say a word. :p

That was a hilarious response to the challenge, Yodan. I loved it.

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    **searches for the the sacred drool bucket**

12. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] Obi-Wan CanShowMe

Loved it! Good job...

13. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yonda I loved your story. You gave me some very good descriptions that had my imgaination in overtime with pictures of obiwan. From the bottom of my heart thank you for helping to turn my rotten day yesterday into a wonderful one.

14. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    And now for something completely different! Yodan, that was awesome! Obi-Wan CanShowMe! [face_laugh] Great! Sorry all, this change of genre may cause whiplash.

Title: Amnesty and Second Chances
    Author(s): Jennifer_Lyn
    Timeframe: AU during the RotS time period.
    Characters: Obi-Wan and lots of other folk!
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: Ben is sent to Naboo as destiny begins to catch up with him.
    Notes: Never wrote AU before. It was quite fun and I quickly found that the constraints of a vignette won't do this justice. I'll be putting this on the "to be completed" pile.
    Disclaimer: Hi Uncle George! This is not the author you're looking for, move along!

Datapads of various sizes, models and ages were strewn across the battered durasteel desk. Flimsiplast filled a small waste bin to overflowing and a small fan stood atop a false wood-grained shelf. Glaring artificial light shone down on everything in the small office, including the slim, bearded man on the rickety chair behind the desk.

He lifted his head quickly and sat still as if waiting for something. There was a knock on the door just before it slid open with a jerky motion on its uneven runners. A woman with silvery grey hair, coiffed neatly on her head, peeked into the room.

?Message just came in, Ben. Do you want me to forward it to your unit? It looks urgent.? Seeing she already had his attention, she stepped slowly into the room, limping slightly.

?Yes, please, Gladeria. Is it the Tatooine situation?? he pointed at the chair near the door, but she waved him off as she always did.

?I think it is. How do you always know these things, dear boy? It?s almost like magic.? She shook her head at him in resigned disbelief.

?It?s the Force, Glad, after all these years you know that.? He smiled at her warmly, mischief gleaming in his eyes.

She sighed and plopped into the chair as he knew she would. ?Well, doesn?t really matter what it is, you still have the touch, my boy. Now if only you would use it to find someone nice to settle down with, I?d sleep better at night.?

?Oh, Glad. You know that you and this posh job are my only true loves.? He laughed, indicating the shabby workspace. Being non-for-profit meant a lot of making due with less than ideal materials and conditions.

?Even so.? She wagged a finger at him as she rose and disappeared out of the door.

Ben Kenobi smiled as his assistant stood and trundled off. ?Someday we?ll splurge and get an inter-room comm unit so she doesn?t have to keep getting up on that bad leg all the time.? He thought with a hint of frustration.

A moment later his personal comm unit beeped at him. He clicked the message and heard the familiar voice of his mentor, Sontag Liederi coming through the static. The older man sounded even more enthusiastic than usual and Ben could easily picture the Chandrillian?s gesticulating hands waving over his head.

?Hey, Ben! Big news! There?s been a slave revolt on Tatooine! It?s a small one, but it might be enough to finally get the Senate?s attention. The Nubians have offered the slaves asylum and the revolt?s leader is on planet there. You know what that means, my boy! Go bring him back to Coruscant if you can. If we can get the right testimony we might make some headway for once. The Jedi are sending a delegate as well. Don?t know who yet, but I?m hoping for a Council member. I?ll comm you when I get more details. Good luck!?

Shutting off the comm, Ben sat back in his chair with a grin on his face. This sounded like the big one, the event they had been working for every day for the last twenty years. Letting Glad know she would have the next week or so off, he began packing the items he would need from the office. Once all was settled there, he headed for the spaceport, stopping by his small apartment to grab the compact bag he always kept packed for emergencies. As he walked he reflected on the string of unlikely events that led him to this point.

The Galactic Amnesty Organization was in its infan

15. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Very nice and very clever, Jennifer_Lynn. I loved how you worked their nicknames from ROTS in, and how you elaborated on Obi-Wan's dislike of politicians. =D= Great job!

16. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Yodan ~ [face_laugh] Still funny. :D

Jennifer_Lyn~ Very clever AU. Obi-Wan is just as generous and kind hearted. [face_love]

17. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Wow, Jennifer_Lyn, that's quite an AU. I like that Ben/Obi is still very much himself and that destiny seems to be catching up to him. Please feel free to continue your story ... [face_batting]

18. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Thanks for the comments everyone! I wish I could take credit for the Obi-Wan CanShowMe, but JadeSolo was the mastermind behind that! :)

And now for something completely different... :p

Wonderful story!

I hope you continue it sometime, it is very interesting! Please continue it (when you can...) because it has some serious potential. =D=

Also Obi-Wan is someone I can see in an Amnesty International type of organization, and so I think you choose a very good and fitting career for Obi.

Bravo!

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yodan, hilarious! But you already knew that!

Jennifer_Lyn - that was just great! Bravo, Padawan!

20. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    You know, Jennifer, I'd love to see this little story expanded upon.
    Oh- it took me three days to go through this thread. I can't tell everyone how much I enjoyed the stories. Good job all of you.

21. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Master! Fantastic...you have to continue you've left me on the edge of my seat!
    =D=

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    jennifer_lyn - Very clever AU! Loved that Obi was still called The Negotiator and that his path would cross Jinn and Skywalkers even in this AU. You kept him very in character even considering this vastly different course his life took. =D=

Just a friendly thread hostess reminder, :) I welcome anyone to join in on the challenges and reading and replying. Authors crave feedback after all. ;) Please just make sure you spread the love around to everyone who puts their heart and soul in an entry. Thanks. :)

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ben is still Ben (and gets into the same situations) no matter what he is doing. Great job!

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
  25. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Everyone stop posting! I still haven't caught up from some time way the hell back in last year! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.