Saga Obi-Wan Challenge Stories - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedikma Force Ghost

star 4
    A plot bunny bit me for this challenge!!! [face_dancing] Thanks oe for the beta. [:D]

Mercenary?

Luxury.

Xanatos DeCrion surrounded himself with it in every form. His home on Telos was a palatial estate filled with luxury and no expenses had been spared in its creation. His clothes were tailor made to fit him perfectly and he always looked impeccable. His servants were highly trained and saw to his every need.

While some of his money had been inherited and gotten legitimately, just as much of it had been acquired through backhanded deals and negotiations. It took him a long time to amass his current wealth, but he didn?t do it alone. His partner of twenty-five years and most trusted advisor had been his greatest asset.

Xanatos arose from behind his large antique desk to greet his old friend, as he entered the room. ?Obi-Wan! You have accomplished another highly successful business deal, my friend, and I have your compensation ready for you.?

Obi-Wan smiled as Xanatos came over to encircle him in familiar greeting. ?Yes, Xanatos this one paid higher than I ever dreamed. Perhaps now you?ll finally let me retire.?

?Talking retirement again? Tell me, Obi-Wan, what will you have if you do retire??

?I will still have my life. I?m getting too old for this business, Xan. Not to mention it doesn?t hold the same thrill that it used to. It?s time for me to find a quiet place of my own and live out the rest of my life in peace.?

?And who will help me run this business? There is no one I trust, as I do you. From the day I helped you get off Bandomeer and had you join me, I knew we would make a great team.?

Obi-Wan eyed the elegance of the dark wood that lined the walls. ?What about one of your sons. Surely they can take over for me??

Xanatos scoffed at the suggestion. ?My two oldest sons don?t speak to me and my third son is opulently greedy and lazy. He will destroy all that I?ve built up in a matter of months. My daughter shows promise, but she is only twelve years old.?

?Is that the daughter from wife number two or three?? Obi-Wan queried.

Xanatos went to a large cupboard and pulled opened a pair of doors. Within was a display of fine wines and liquors from all over the galaxy. He grabbed a couple of glasses from a shelf. ?Wife number four, actually,? he replied sheepishly. ?How about a drink, Obi-Wan??

?Corellian Whiskey. Thanks.?

Xanatos shook his head. ?You have more money than most beings ever dream of, Obi-Wan. Force knows I?ve tried to add to your sophistication and improve your tastes and yet you still want that harsh Corellian rotgut. I don?t understand your liking for that stuff. I only keep it here so that I have it on hand for you.?

As Xanatos poured the drinks, Obi-Wan noted how gray peppered the dark hair of the older man, yet Xanatos still had the same drive as always. Obi-Wan, however, had grown tired. He did the more dangerous work of the two and he had always been on the move. Frankly, the life had grown dull and he was ready to quit.

?I had my years of fine clothing and plentiful spending. I just got bored with extravagance and gave it up.?

Xanatos raised an eyebrow at him. ?Obviously,? he commented as he pointed to Obi-Wan?s clothes. ?You could at least buy yourself a new cloak.?

Obi-Wan looked down at his attire. His boots were well worn and scuffed and his cloak was starting to fray at the hem. ?What can I say, I like comfort,? he said as he removed his cloak and placed it over a nearby chair. The fabric of his clothing was simple and nowhere near the expense of Xanatos?s fine silks and leathers.

?And your ship looks worn as well.? Xanatos handed Obi-Wan a glass of blue colored liquid. ?I?m curious, Obi-Wan, if you don?t spend the credits on yourself, what do you do with them??

?I hoard them and when I die you are more than welcome to what is left.?

Xanatos emitted a hearty laugh. ?You will never get beyond your Jedi roots. I don?t understand it, the Jedi were fools to l
  2. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    You already know what I think of this. :) I love the friendship you developed between the two former Jedi. Scoundrels with hearts of gold. Siri's sudden appearance was an unexpected shock as well as the little Obitotress. :eek: Leave it to you to figure out a way to hook those two up. ;)

The boy spoke up. ?I?m Whie and this is Scout, Xenia, Cal and Nina.? He pointed to each child as he gave their names.

My Whie! [face_love]

Bravo! Loved every word. =D=
  3. Yodan Force Ghost

star 3
    My goodness kma! Wow! I mean WOW!

That was awesome, and I think I speak for every one who will ever read that when I demand a sequel or at least very lengthy continuation! [face_batting]

I also liked the title, especially the question mark, it adds a lot I think.

And Xani, he was great! ?What? One of my ex-wives? They never show up in person.? [face_laugh]

Did oe put you up to saving Whie? :p

Wonderful Job! =D=
  4. DarthMousche Jedi Master

star 3
    Thank you, kma! I so needed that. [face_love]

You know, I'm really liking the stories where Obi and Xanatos work together. And, of course, there's Siri, who wasn't very nice to keep that big secret. [face_shame_on_you] I suppose if she thought he would deny an old lover, she figured he wouldn't be interested.

This is a great beginning for a longer story, methinks... [face_batting]
  5. Stella_Ripple Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh my goodness! These are all so amazing!!! Great job everyone!

Yodan- Heh that.was. hilarious. what a picture!
    Master J_L- wow that was quick master! Your little bunny's looking even better outta the cage! I love the way you've managed to tie everying from canon together- especially a forthcoming bond between Obi/Ani. I'll be looking out for the continuation.
    Jedikma- Great concept. I loved the old and obviously fmiliar friendship between Xan and Obi. Great twist with Siri and the kids, and a nice way of wrapping around the destruction of the temple. And Xan's last line- single handedly reduced me to a sobbing mush pool!
  6. Jennifer_Lyn Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, kma! Wonderful job! Xan and Obi as old buddies and Siri with the kids!

Lovely idea and so well written! =D=

[:D] Thanks to everyone for their wonderful comments! I'd definitely be sketching out ideas on that AU!
  7. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    That was wonderful, kma! :D
  8. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    That was so lovely and creative, kma! =D=

While some of his money had been inherited and gotten legitimately, just as much of it had been acquired through backhanded deals and negotiations. It took him a long time to amass his current wealth, but he didn?t do it alone. His partner of twenty-five years and most trusted advisor had been his greatest asset.

And here you had me thinking they were partners. o_O :p

I loved how the essence of Obi-Wan was the same, and how he didn't feel content wallowing in the luxury that Xanatos did. The old robe and scuffed boots were perfect description. I just loved it. [face_love]
  9. Kestrel_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    =D=
    This is really good. I loved the description of Obi and the banter between him and Xanatos, and Siri turning up...great story.
  10. Master_Talek Jedi Knight

star 2
    Let me guess... Nina is Obi-Wan and Siri's daughter. If its true, It wouldn't surprise me and I would also think it is very sweet. But how did the temple burn down? ...Oops I need some sleep if I can't figure that out.:p Great job!=D=
  11. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I love that story Mercenary. I would like to make a motion if it hasn't been made that story line would be continueed please.

Amnesty and Second Chances - would like to see this one also continued. :)
  12. Jedikma Force Ghost

star 4
    Leave it to you to figure out a way to hook those two up. ;)

:D You know me oe, I'm hopelessly obsessed.

Thanks, everyone!! I really enjoyed writing this story, especially the conversation between Obi-Wan and Xanatos. I loved the fact that Obi-Wan has a whole lot of money, but doesn't really care about it. I'm toying with the idea of adding to this story, but I need to think about it a bit more. :)
  13. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    Alright, this is my first story post in this thread. It?s the first story I?ve even shown to anyone in two years. Go easy, I?m a little rusty.
    I swear, you people are evil.:mad: I stop by the boards; get sucked into your thread, and then PLOT BUNNIES ATTACK!;) *coughs* no, not now! I don?t have time for this. But it ended up writing me! And it?s a very different style from everything else I?ve written.

11246 RE (Ben is almost 24)
    Ben Kenobi shook his head even as he gently set his ship down outside the Mos Espa spaceport. What was it about this planet- this town (HIM) that drew him so? He sighed, resigned to another day of wandering the city, of being drawn to something that was always just out of reach. He clenched his fists for a moment (lifetime). If only he had been fully trained, then maybe he would know what (who) it was that he was looking for. He had done his best to train himself, and to learn from his mistakes. Indeed, he knew he had done well. If only he could find what it was that he needed to find here!

Ben wandered the marketplace, slowly making his way as the Force bid. For the first time he turned slowly down a side street, following a beacon that drew him towards a small junk store. He ducked down into it, the Force screaming at him. This was it! This store- or something (someone) in it was what he needed to find.

For a moment, he was disappointed as he realized there was no one here. Then a boy (brother) ran in. For an instant, man and boy were silent, staring at each other in awe and surprise (happiness). Then the boy blinked and asked Ben what he wanted to buy. ?You work here?? Ben responded.

?Course I do.? The boy said. ?You need anything? Sir?? The boy asked.

Ben smiled. ?I was just wandering through.? He said. ?Tell me, who are you??

?I?m Anakin.? The boy said.

?Ben Kenobi.? Ben said, holding out his hand. The boy took it, and for an instant they were both somewhere else. (?Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi?). They jerked back.

?What was that?? Anakin asked.

?I don?t know.? Ben replied. ?I think you need to come with me.?

?I can?t!? Anakin said, backing away. ?Watto will kill me if I do!? *I want to!* His gaze said. *We need each other.*

Ben shook his head, an anger (rage is of the Dark Side) slowly filling him. ?Who is Watto and why would he kill you.?

Anakin looked down shamed that this man (father, brother) would know. ?He owns me.?

Ben shook his head. ?Not for long.? He murmured (promised). ?Do you have any family??

?Just Mom.? Anakin said. He knew that Ben (Obi-Wan) could help him. Ben would always help him, he knew it. He knew it.

11249 (Ben is 27, Anakin is 11)

?Again.? Ben told his apprentice (partner). ?One more time, and I think you?ll be ready.?

?Really, Ben, do you really think so?? Anakin asked.

?I wouldn?t say it if I didn?t believe it.? Ben said. Anakin nodded and stepped back, thumbing on his lightsaber as he did so.

For three years, after Ben had both purchased and set Anakin free, and then allowed Anakin to take his revenge against the Toydarian who had tried to own him. Ben grinned as his young charge- Shmi had died soon after, killed by Jabba the Hutt- reached out in anger and froze the remote in its tracks. ?Well done, Anakin.?

Anakin smiled up at his friend (master, but only in the best sense). ?I?m ready?? He asked.

Ben nodded. ?We?ll be landing on Tatooine soon.? He said.

?And then I can kill Jabba?? Anakin asked.

Ben smiled at his friend?s enthusiasm. ?Of course, Anakin. Remember, a cold rage is better, for all that the strength of a fiery rage brings you.?

?I know, Ben.? (?Yes Master?).

Ben laughed. ?Oh, Anakin,? He said. ?Now I know. It was a good thing- the best thing- for me to leave the Jedi.?

Anakin smiled. ?This way, you?re not weak, and I?m not a slave.? The boy (Chosen One) said.

Ben smiled at his brother in all but blood, and they turned to the cockpit of their ship. They moved as one.
  14. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    kma Bravo!

pati the darkside I sense in them ;)
  15. Yodan Force Ghost

star 3
    JediPati, That was a very interesting story!

I was very cool to see both Obi-Wan and Anakin dark... ?And then I can kill Jabba?? Anakin asked. / Ben smiled at his friend?s enthusiasm. ?Of course, Anakin. Remember, a cold rage is better, for all that the strength of a fiery rage brings you.? [face_worried]

If you are ever back in this universe you should expand upon the story... (I seem to be saying that a lot lately... Regardless though, it's true every time!)
  16. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    ?And then I can kill Jabba?? Anakin asked.

Ben smiled at his friend?s enthusiasm. ?Of course, Anakin. Remember, a cold rage is better, for all that the strength of a fiery rage brings you.?

Oooh, so creepy. Great job, Pati! =D=
  17. Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, jedipati! That was creepy! :D I think someday you should come back to this universe. Then you could explore why Obi-Wan turned to the dark side...

I'm not trying to sic plot bunnies on you, I'm really not... [face_whistling] :p
  18. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    Kitara about the dark side.... you have no idea... [face_devil]

Yodan why, thank you. Those lines were kinda thrown in as an after thought, glad you liked them.:)

LuvEwan I gather everyone liked those lines. Thanks, I wasn't going for creepy when I started this, but it sure ended up that way. Perfect for October, don't you think?[face_pumpkin]

Nienna I'm going to kill you, I swear. :mad: I don't need more bunnies. I'm taking a full load at school right now, and working. I didn't need this bunny. On second thought, maybe I'll just turn Ben and Anakin on you. ;) Seriously though, I thought that, since Obi-Wan wouldn't have had guidance, and he was probably more then a little angry (if I remember correctly, he had a temper problem in the early years), all it would take was one "oopsie" and that was that. Oh, and I guess I won't kill you.

Edit: stupid markups.
  19. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm way behind reading too. I will catch up. I promise. But first...

It's all OE's fault. Just Remember that. See?

Title: The Bout
    Author: Knight_Dilettante

Over the roar of the crowd's pleasure the announcer yelled, "And in this corner, harder than a bad girl's dream, an up and coming challenger, CarbonMight!"

The crowd booed the tall dark-skinned man who stepped forward, but his face did not change from the mask of indifference it seemed to wear.

When they tired of booing, the crowd picked up the chant started near the other corner of the ring, "Kill him, Kid!"

Kid Kenobi stepped forward, flexing his back and chest muscles with his arms in a choke hold pose to show appreciation for the fans' support, and they yelled louder still. But the Kid's face showed a hint of confusion. No one but his manager, would have been sure of what they were seeing, and somehow the Kid managed to keep his face turned toward the challenger and away from his manager.

The combatants were called back to their corners and a matching mask of indifference slid down to cover any confusion in the Kid's expression. A moment later, the bell rang and the two men surged into the middle of the ring.

Within seconds, the challenger had managed to get a momentary grip on Kid Kenobi. The roar of the crowd's displeasure nearly drowned out the Kid's voice. "Master Windu?"

"You remember me then?"

Kid Kenobi, mindful of his responsibilities, didn't answer until after he had flipped the challenger over and reversed their positions. Now that he had the taller man in a headlock that could be held for several seconds he replied, "I never expected to see a Jedi here."

"We need a favor."

The crowd screamed its pleasure when CarbonMight began clawing at the arm around his neck with a hint of concern on his face at last. They didn't like it when the wrestlers seemed to be too impassive.

The Kid relaxed his arm slightly and tried to change his expression to a false anger. "Why me?"

"Because you are perfectly placed for what we need." The dark-skinned shoulders flexed again and broke the Kid's hold at last. The two men began circling, each looking for an opening.

"I meant, why do you think I would help you." Kenobi snarled. The crowds always loved a snarl. Their reaction this time proved that thesis once again.

"Because, despite your ring persona, you are a good man, Obi-Wan Kenobi."

The name, so long not used, stilled the Kid for a moment and his opponent used that moment to rush in and grapple with the smaller man.

"Ben. I am Ben now."

"My apologies, Ben. You are still a good man, no matter what name you use."

When the silence between them had held for several seconds of studious attempts on both sides to gain the upper hand that resulted in nothing other than their moving toward one side of the ring, the darker man continued speaking. "You donate almost the entirety of your income to various charitable organizations. Your expensive apartment and air-speeders are all rented for the occasion they are used and none of it is used often, so that it is unlikely to cost more than a single percent of your net income."

"How did you learn that? Even my manager doesn't know that." The two faced off a moment longer before the Kid suddenly drove the taller man back, hooking a leg around an ankle and sending the challenger flying to land on his back near the center of the ring. The Kid leapt to cement his victory before the challenger could rise from the floor. "If you've been using Jedi mind-"

"Ben." There was such reproach in the challenger's voice that the Kid stopped speaking and waited. "Adi Gallia was a legendary slicer, known even by padawans when you were still with us."

Before he realized it, the Kid had replied, "I'm sorry, my Master."

The chuckle that answered him so startled him that the challenger was able to once again turn the tables mom
  20. Yodan Force Ghost

star 3
    Knight_Dilettante, firstly I wished to comment on, "harder than a bad girl's dream, an up and coming challenger, CarbonMight!" 8-} Wonderful wording there...

On a general note, The whole Vig was wonderful! =D= And it's always fun to blame OE for anything! :p

Edit: Boldification and Spelling
  21. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    jedipati - Very interesting! I'm all for a Dark Obi and Anakin! [face_dancing]

KD - :p Blame me all you want! This was great with the wrestling and the request. =D=
  22. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    That was marvelous, KD! :eek:

"I meant, why do you think I would help you." Kenobi snarled. The crowds always loved a snarl. Their reaction this time proved that thesis once again.

"Because, despite your ring persona, you are a good man, Obi-Wan Kenobi."

The name, so long not used, stilled the Kid for a moment and his opponent used that moment to rush in and grapple with the smaller man.

"Ben. I am Ben now."

"My apologies, Ben. You are still a good man, no matter what name you use."

I really loved that part in particular, but all of it was intriguing and very real. But there needs to be more of it. [face_mischief]

Great job! =D=
  23. Princess_Arulmozhi Force Ghost

star 4
    Yodan:
    This offer tickled Obi-Wan's fancy, because obviously one could not disrobe before a room of strangers forever. He was thinking that it may be time to hang up his leopard skin thong.

[face_laugh] That one was... was...great! I loved the style. So Bruck dreams yet. :D

Jennifer_Lyn: That was quite a brilliant AU. Loved how you worked in their titles...and how you gave Ben a complete, new identity, with his work in the GAO.

Jedikma: kma, that was just beautiful. The way you tied in Zora with Obi-Wan was so great. And Xanatos's take too. And I think I thought the same as LE, when I read Partners... :D Great work!

KD:
    And in this corner, harder than a bad girl's dream, an up and coming challenger, CarbonMight!"

Gods, KD. I didn't expect that. :p But that was a great piece of work. I certaoinly didn't Kifd kenobi agree to star in a holovid. :D.

24. Jedikma Force Ghost

star 4
    jedipati~Looks like Anakin is still part of Obi-Wan's future.

KB~ Who wouldn't like to watch wrestling Obi-Wan? :D
  25. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    You cannot just leave it there!

What film???

Why????
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.