main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan Challenge Stories - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I've been visiting Canada since I was a little girl (yes, I know - for centuries - oh age-challenged ones). And one of my favorite foods is the white chocolate, berry scones that I had in Calgary (can't get them here - I do wish they'd deliver) - piping hot and the chocolate was melting in my mouth as I bit in. Yummmm....

I used to hike a lot up in Nova Scotia and whenever I went west into the Canadian Rockies. Absolutely glorious.

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Yes, I know how much you love Canada. :) To celebrate my glorious northern land, I have a little something coming up a bit later...I hope you'll like it.

Cheers,

Shaindl, eh?

3. Jedi_Mouse

Jedi_Mouse Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2004
    I don't act 30 by the way.

Keladry I'm a firm believer in not acting one's age. I'm 29 with 4 rugrats, and I'm proud to say that I'm just as silly as they are.

I also see that you have a new fic up. Nice job.

I was convinced that Wormie was RRK one paragraph into that last one, and I'm beginning to believe that that Dead Parrot is LE.

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, in light of the conversation around here recently, my muse popped up and said she had a story for me. It's, um, a little different, but I hope you all like it. Just so we're all clear, this is NOT my entry into the challenge. I am Shaindl.

**voices heard in background**

No, I am Shaindl!

I am Shaindl!

(God, I hope someone out there's seen Spartacus :D)

The ship popped into sudden existence above the blue, brown and green planet. With deft movements the young man settled the ship into orbit above it, well away from the primitive intelligence satellites the world boasted. Settling back in his chair, he studied the globe in front of them, as did his Master.

?It doesn?t look very interesting, Master.?

?Appearances can be deceiving, Anakin. What are the sensors telling you??

With a blush, since he had forgotten to turn them on, Padawan Anakin Skywalker leaned forward and flicked the switch. He gave the machine a couple of moments to gather information then hunched over the console to see what had come up. His brows furrowed in confusion.

?Padawan? What is it??

?These readings. They?re strange.?

?Why? Try to work through the problem, my young Padawan.?

?Well, first, it?s as cold as Hoth down there. But it?s fairly well populated area. Why would a sentient race live in conditions like that??

?An intriguing question. It?s a good thing all of the Jedi?s ships pack thermal suits. You never know when you?ll need them. Next??

?Second, they seem to be speaking a form of Basic, but they have some odd pronunciations and spellings. I can understand them but,? again, the Padawan struggled to find the right word, ?it?s just odd.?

?Curious. We?ll find out when we get down there, I?m sure. Anything else??

Anakin sighed in frustration. ?There?s too much, Master. They just seem to be an odd group of people.?

?Do you sense anything malicious from them??

?No, not at all.? The apprentice shook his head vehemently. ?It?s weird how nice they seem.?

Obi-Wan slapped the younger man on the back and then stood. ?Then think of this as a good training exercise, Padawan. We?ll have fun.?

Anakin groaned inwardly. That?s what he ALWAYS says.

The ship settled down in a wooded area a few miles from a large settlement. Other than the ship powering down, not a sound could be heard, until the sharp rap of a woodpecker warning its mate of the strange silver animal now in their midst started to echo loudly through the trees. It was soon joined by the flat slap of a beaver?s tail on water and with that came the usual cacophony of the forest.

With a hiss the ship?s hatch opened, and the two Jedi stepped down it onto the ground, their thermal suits protecting them from the cold. A squirrel ran onto a branch above their heads, chattering angrily at them for destroying her beauty sleep. With a last shake of it?s bushy tail, the squirrel turned haughtily on its paw and disappeared back into its tree.

?That had to be one of the weirder welcomes we?ve had.?

?Better than being shot at, Padawan.?

?Yes, Master.?

With the long, easy strides of two young men in their prime, they set off towards the settlement.

The farm looked calm and peaceful as smoke curled up from its chimney.

The sudden deep buzz of some sort of machine ruined that image.

?Should we approach, Master??

The young Master was silent for a moment as he reached out with the Force. ?I don?t sense anything amiss. Let?s go and see.? Anakin didn?t like that his Master?s face was uncertain.

They walked around the side of the house in the direction of the sound, caution slowing their steps. They stopped completely at the sight in front of them.

He was dressed in a ragged checked shirt of red, black and gray. An odd, conical hat in odder colours was perched at a jaunty angle on his head, topped off with a fuzzy orange ball. Two more fuzzy pads were clamped over his ears by a connecting band. Anakin suspected they were protective coverings to keep out the s

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Must be some sort of greeting, Obi-Wan thought. ?You too?eh?? [face_laugh] The very image of Obi-Wan saying that still has me gasping for air!

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    LMFAO!!! Oh, that was great, eh? [face_laugh]

Aboot - *snort* I had a teacher who used to pronounce his words like that. Oobi-Wan! [face_laugh] But the Mountie and the Mount-er were the best!

7. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    LOVED this!!! ?That?s right. Can you believe it? The image of the Mounties bought by an American conglomerate? What this country is coming to.?

And Must be some sort of greeting, Obi-Wan thought. ?You too?eh?? I can just picture the staid and straightlaced Obi-Wan saying that!!!

I was reading this at work and laughing. My lab partner thought I was nuts!

But you should have put it in a sock anyway - A Doug and Bob sock!!!

8. Ashes

Ashes Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2003
    Why didn't ya send them down to Texas where it woulda been nice and warm? :p

Loved it!!!

Haven't seen Sparticus, but I know the quote. Does that count?

9. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    A Doug and Bob sock!!! [face_laugh] I wouldn't be surprised if two new socks popped up to spread a little Molson cheer. Canadian Jedi! Haha!

God, I hope someone out there's seen Spartacus

I have seen it!

No, I have seen it! :p

10. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I've seen Sparticus too. I think I saw it on tv... although I could have seen it in the movies (when I was a kid - I'm not that old). I just don't remember

11. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Hmmm?. da Vinci, Mouse and Wormie are going to take a lot more thinking. :confused:

Of course, oe probably wrote the Xani one figuring everyone would think that was too obvious. That would be really devious. :D

The ?Doug and Bob? one took quite a bit of thinking, but I am going to guess it was written by Shaindl. ;)

?You too?eh?? Poor Oobi-Wan! [face_laugh] I can just see him trying to "blend" in on this alien world.

12. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Oh, my Gosh, Shaindl, I was roaring with laughter. I will admit that I didn't get half of it - my total exposure to the eccentricity that is Canada (no offence) is three days spent in Victoria, BC, "Due South" reruns before they got canceled, and the movie "Men with Brooms." As far as I know. And I did recognize the "Spartacus" reference - I've seen that movie too many times...

JadeSolo - I had a Canadian teacher in junior high. There was an announcement about the local Taco Bell that she had to read out loud, and she pronounced it "Tack-oo Bill." Poor woman, she actually had to explain to all 30 of us that she was talking about the local fast-food joint.

By the way, does anyone mind if I answer challenges that came earlier, like the one where we "show Obi-Wan doing the same activity but at different ages and his different perspectives on it as he matures?" Ideas are percolating in this bizarre brain of mine.

13. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Shaindl,

I love this post. I was laughing my butt off reading this.

?It?s goin? good. Me ?n my new friends here?ll have three Blues.?

Three Blues, eh? This stuff actually taste better than some American beers. Anyone else agree, eh? :D

14. Jedi_Mouse

Jedi_Mouse Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2004
    I believe they are discussing a sport common here called 'hockey'. [face_laugh]

15. Ashes

Oct 10, 2003
    By the way, does anyone mind if I answer challenges that came earlier, like the one where we "show Obi-Wan doing the same activity but at different ages and his different perspectives on it as he matures?" Ideas are percolating in this bizarre brain of mine

I don't think there was a time limit on that challenge. So I'd say go for it. What you might do is poke about on the WR thread at about the same time period or a little bit earlier to find the actual challenge just to make sure.

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Funny, but it makes me want to sing

sing

sing...

Oh, I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay...

Keladry: PM isn't working right now, but I'll fill you in later on the joke. Shaindl and I seem to be thinking of the same one (thank you Monty Python for teaching it to me)

17. Biff_the_bodyguard

Biff_the_bodyguard Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2004
    Master Jane thought I should do this. I like Master Jane. He drinks too much and he ate all my cake and he still kinda stinks from the fresher incident. But I like him anyway.

A Poem

His hair is red
    His eyes are green
    His fighting form's
    The best I've seen.

The end

Was that good, Master Jane? Errrr... Master Jane???

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Well... Biff. That was interesting and short. Good description of Obi-Wan.

I'm going to guess Nemesis or maybe Jade....

There's been lots of great entries. Keep going everyone.

19. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh, I wish that were me. I wanted to be the Biff sock! :_|

But don't worry, whoever you are. You're doing a great job. Keep up the, uh, slowness? :D

Oh yeah - I think Biff = diane - and I could make a bunch of jokes about that ;)

20. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    I just had to share this - I had a dream last night that I was arguing with a bunch of people from these forums. Mud started to fly, and we ended up getting permabanned!! I wish I could remember what we were arguing about (not sure if it was Obi-Wan-related or not), but I do recall this funny little detail - it was Birdy who laid down the bans! [face_laugh] And I remember thinking in my dream, "Oh no! Does this mean I can no longer view all the posts I made as JadeSolo? Now I have to make a new username! Argh!" [face_laugh]

And on a related note, I think Red's fanfic world is invading my real world. Monday at work, I was flipping through manuscripts to see which one I wanted to cover next, and one of them had two characters named Siri and Risa - like Wild Knights and her Holiday Challenge! Then, I was started another manuscript on Wednesday, and one of the characters is named Halla - like The Book of Paths! :eek: Weirdness!

21. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    I wanna sing, too!

"I sleep all night and I work all day!"

I first heard that song, oddly enough, when watching the DVD of the Concert for George (Harrison). Rent it if you haven't seen it, it's great! (If you're a fan of Clapton, the Beatles, their ilk, and/or a fan of George's.) It's PG-13 because the Pythons were there, adding a couple of naughty vignettes, and a couple of songs (one of them obviously being about a lumberjack). If you do watch it, keep an eye out for the Oscar-winning actor in a Mountie uniform who stands in for John Cleese.

22. Ashes

Oct 10, 2003
    ROTFLMAO @ Jade's dream!!!

Did I perma-ban myself first? (That's gunna entertain me for a long time)

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Jade Oh yeah - I think Biff = diane - and I could make a bunch of jokes about that
    Me?!?!?! Do I ever write bad poems like that (sorry Biff whoever you are)?

However, I could never pass up a good laugh. So joke away.

Speaking of laughs, I look forward to seeing what your recap of ATFF for this week is. It's been quite a rollercoaster of emotion and bad acting!

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Biff sock and Vader_da_vinci sock have to be the same person. Why you ask? Because they both describe Obi-Wan as being red haired and green eyed. I've never seen him described that way before. Very unusual. Hum....

25. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Well, somehow I don't think:

His hair is ginger
    His eyes are greenish-blueish-gray
    His fighting form's
    The best I've seen

would rhyme very well. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.