main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan Challenge Stories - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Old ladies like to drool, it's practically in our contracts! I mean, it's not like we can help it either. And when a hot Jedi in leather wanders into view all bets are off. That just sounds scrumptious doesn't it? Hot Jedi in leather...

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh Hrmmm Dooku in leather... *snrk* now that would be interesting... soft suede leather...

3. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Hopefully it is suede, and not patent leather. o_o!

So, is Obi still dead? Can't resist... But once you have given in to Obi Killing, then forever shall it dominate your destiny.

WARNING: Dirt nap time for a certain hunk-a-roo.

It was supposed to be safe there.

An obscure mining planet far from Coruscant, a new identity as an agricultural worker. No, there was no way any of his many enemies could trace the boy back to him. No one would ever dream that the "failed" initiate could have been his padawan - indeed, should have been someone's padawan.

He had consoled himself during their terse parting, as betrayal glimmered in sea-change eyes. It was for the best. Perhaps he had crushed the boy's dream and diverted the youth from his proper destiny, but at least he would be safe. At least the Kenobi child would be spared from the rising tides of darkness which even now permeated the master's consciousness.

Qui-Gon Jinn hadn't expected the darkness to reach out for the boy. Why would anyone interest themselves in just another Agricorps trainee?

But someone had taken an interest in him. Someone had sensed something special within him, that...connection, and -

The master's hand caressed the box cover even as he cradled the package close. Xani's signature lingered obscenely behind - no doubt to mock him, the Master knew. Despite Xani's repellant presence, despite the gruesome contents inside, Qui-Gon could not bring himself to part with the parcel, for the aquamarine orbs were the only remains they'd found of him...eyes no less accusing in death than they'd been in life.

For if Qui Gon had taken the boy on, he could've protected him. If he'd accepted him, the boy wouldn't have been alone when Xani found him. But these were moot musings.

Because it was supposed to be safe there.

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Holy crap.

:eek:

That was equally beautiful and disturbing.

I love creepy stories!

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Yeck, creepy and even creepier since I could picture it soooo well. Great job but.....

Stop this!!!! No more Obi killing. No more [face_devil]

6. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Welcome to Late Night Coruscant with Ni'Dil. pause for studio audience applause

Tonight's guests include Obi-Wan Kenobi one of the stars of Hot Jedi In Leather. pause while studio audience erupts in shrieks and applause Obi-Wan will be talking with Ni'Dil about last years budgetary pressures at the Jedi Temple and the idea he develped which resulted in one of the highest grossing Holofilms of all time. And yes, of course, we will have clips from both that film and Obi-Wan's soon to be released sequel. pause for more screaming - pan to show audience reaction

Also on tonight's show we have Elan Sleazebaggano the Hero of Coruscant who has created the most successful deathstick rehab program in a century, short pause for polite applause and the musical group Padme and the Handmaidens singing their latest hit "Baby Love". fade to commercial on applause

~~~~~~~

Why my muse can't cooperate and let me work on an actual in progress story is beyond me.

KD

edit: I started this before tha recent creepy yet excellent obi death. So sorry for the dissconnect. Of course, if you guys keep this up I'm gonna post one that I started before but never finished. Lurkalidth that was really good. And very plausible.

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Lurkalidth- very disturbing

Jade- Quit making me laugh so hard

8. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh geez Lurkalidth! :_| And right when I was reading this, thunder clapped so intensely it shook the floor a little and reverberated in my chest. Excellent job and thorougly creepy. ;)

9. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    JadeSolo: Hi! I guess (or hope?) you're responding to my ficlet attempt, so...thank you! I love creepiness, too - and there are so many good one-shotters in that genre. :)

dianethx: Thanks! I'm sorry to disturb you, though. If it makes you feel better, perhaps Xani infused the box cover w/ a psychotropic substance, something subtle perhaps that Qui-Gon hadn't detected beforehand, which has caused Q-G to believe that the marbles inside were eyeballs. ;) The next episode would feature them finding one another and living happily ever after.

KD: Lol! Great lead-in. And you thought of everything...including musical guest. Marvy! And don't apologize, please. I got a real kick out of your blurb there. Thanks for your encouragement.

PadawanKitara: That's awfully nice of you to say. I 'ppreciate it. :)

LE: Aw, that's very kind of you. I've really been enjoying your Cadence Rolls (when I've been able to scare up the time); it ROCKS! And your latest post...wow! You wouldn't think those were the thoughts of a sith-in-training...and yet that's what the galaxy know sees him as. :'-(

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lurky Absolutely. Those were marbles - yes marbles! Much better. :p

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Lurkalidth now that was quite short and most def to the point! hehehe yeah the 'eye' bit got me too!

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, Lurkalidth! You inspired this sick little bunny. I apologize to all Qui AND Obi lovers in advance, but this one had to be written...SORRY! VaderLVR creeps under a rock to avoid the projectile weapons coming her way!

A Quiet Insanity

He had always known that Obi-Wan was meant to be his padawan. They were meant to be master and apprentice; even the gods had conspired to put them together. They were bound by the mystical energy that is the Force.

And so it had distressed him when Obi-Wan began to question him, to balk at his orders, to look at him with a strange and sudden doubt in his eyes.

Did the boy not realize he was flouting his destiny when he questioned his master? Qui-Gon loved him, of course, but it had become clear that some discipline was needed to bring the boy back into the fold, to put him back on the path that fate had set his feet upon all those years ago.

Like any parent, it had pained him to punish the boy, it truly had. But would it not be a greater cruelty to let him continue in his folly? Surely it was kinder in the long run to correct him so that he might fulfill his potential and be kept in the ways he had been born to follow.

So, as much as it had hurt him, as much as Obi-Wan had protested, he had made sure that discipline was administered. The boy?s wails had sliced into his heart, wrenched his gut, and made the tears flow from his eyes even as he disciplined the boy he loved like a son.

In the end it had all been worth it. His loving correction had brought the boy back, had kept him from following the path that would have led to his destruction. Now there were no more doubts, no more unsettling looks, no more troublesome requests to contact the Temple.

All was well now. The boy was quiet, secure in the love of his master, knowing that someone cared enough to keep him upon the right path. It was quiet in their quarters now, so quiet. It hardly seemed that even a hint of movement came from the boy.

Obi-Wan had been very quiet and still since Qui-Gon had explained the need for discipline and administered it with a heavy heart and equally heavy hand.

Qui-Gon drew in a deep breath, and grimaced at the stench that pervaded their rooms on this back water planet. It had grown increasingly foul in here, as the boy slumbered on so very quietly.

Obi-Wan would not answer him when he called; he would not speak to him. The boy had not eaten or had anything to drink in the long days since Qui-Gon had punished him. He hadn?t even roused to use the fresher, although his master had gently encouraged him to do so.

Qui-Gon listened to the utter silence of the rooms, and if he held his breath there was no sound at all, not even the soft sounds of Obi-Wan?s breathing as he slept.

He ignored the banging on the door, the shouts of the government envoys that pounded on it. They had been calling out his name for days now, asking what had happened. But he had locked the door with the Force and had emphasized the mysterious ways and powers of the Jedi.

He had explained the first time they stood outside his door that it was a matter between master and padawan. No outside interference was wanted or needed. But every now and then they still insisted on disturbing the peace of their haven. Some might say he had intimidated them, but he found that an unfair term for his powers of persuasion. But every now and then they got up their courage and pounded on the door once more.

Still, Obi-Wan slept, ignoring his master. Why could he not open his heart once more?

But no, he slept on. Utterly still and quiet as his flesh was transformed and seemed to bloat with obscene defiance. Later though, Obi-Wan?s body had seemed to almost decay, as if the boy had left his flesh behind in his anger. Qui-Gon snorted at his own fantasy, for surely the changes in his padawan?s body were part of his fevered imagination, the element of his mind that had created the stench that surrounded them.

Obi-Wan slept.

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: That was......... [face_plain] * shudders*

WOW!

14. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    VaderLVR64:
    That was very sad (and distrubing).:_| I guess someone took the discipline a little to far, ya' think?

Raven

15. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    That was stunning, VL. Now let me go cry for hours. :_|

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hooooly Moooooly! *Shudders* indeed! How morbidly sad!!! :_| Poor Qui... can't take the idea that his Paddy is dead... how sad!!!

And Obi... poor Obi...

OK now that was totally off the wall different, but gooood! ;) Made goosebumps rise on my arms!!

17. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Vaderlvr - Ewwww. I mean it was really well done, really good, really really icky though. But I'm starting to agree with the disembodied spirit that keeps changing the thread title. Can we stop with the insane Qui-Gons too please? rummages around in her bag Where are those rose colored specs anyway? Ah, there they are.

puts on glasses Qui-Gon jerks awake and startles Obi-Wan by dropping to his knees beside the boy's bed and gathering him up in a desperate hug. takes off glasses

Whew. I was afraid they wouldn't work on that one...

If you people keep killing Obi-Wan, I will never get my guesses done.

KD

18. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    :mad: Alright people! I can't take it anymore, DO NOT KILL MY OBI-WAN! Why do you do this? I can't stand it. (By the way, all of the fics were extremely good, if not excellent :) ) ARGH! Noooooooo... Obi-Wan gets smacked around in Star Wars already, he doesn't need to get killed too! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| It's just not fair.

Okay, I'm done. Now, will people stop killing the precious and fabulously hot Obi-Wan? I mean the man can still look hot with a mullet. :D :p

19. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    What is going on in here???!!! You people are insane!!!

It's too early for Halloween, too, but VaderLVR and Lurkalidth those would both be great Halloween posts. :D

So creepy and eerie. Rather Poe-like. Nicely done!

20. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I'll probably have a dead Obi up here soon. Hopefully, I can do as well as the ladies (up above) have done already with killing Obi-Wan. :D

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I know, I know. I'm sorry! I didn't want to write it, I REALLY, REALLY didn't. But it insisted and it kept making fun of me and calling me nasty names until I knew I would go insane if I didn't write it. I apologized in advance, and now I hope all of this creepiness is out of my system...I hope...I really, really do...

22. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    / @};- ^ @};- \

Is it safe to come in here? Jedikma is right. Those would both be great Halloween things. I think until Birdy2 is done I'll be keeping the glasses on though.

KD who is unbelievably chuffed at having found a use for the @};- face

23. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    *screams.* No more killing Obi!!!! This is, I repeat, this is, supposed to be an Obi MUSH sock challenge NOT a kill Obi challenge!!!!!!!!

24. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    *points to Indra * she started it!!

Kimberley, excellent job on the vignette! It had my jaw dropping on the floor and it took me a minute to realize what Qui-Gon had done .. wow... :eek:

25. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    OK everybody!! You are all just stalling on posting your guesses in the challenge. How is it that only Diane and I have guessed? Maybe we should win by default... :D

EDIT: Wow I just snagged post 2000! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.