main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan Challenge Stories - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, LE, that was your best yet. Absolutely beautiful. Qui's realisation that his survival wasn't of paramount importance anymore was lovely.

Stunning.

Shaindl

2. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Beautiful LE in a way only you seem to be able to pull off. You never lose the story in too much mushy or angsty stuff.

A nice calm piece. Loved it :)

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Seraphena Thank you. :)

obi_ew Aw. [face_love] Thanks so much.

diane That means a lot, coming from someone as talented as you. ;)

PK [face_love]

Shaindl Gosh, thanks. You're always so sweet. [face_blush]

Ginger I always worry about the mush factor. :) I'm so relieved to know you think I got it right. ;)

4. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    That was stunning LE. I loved the first person POV. Your writing is some of the most impressive on these boards and what's truly amazing is that it just keeps getting better and better. :)

5. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Can we do Obidala or Sabewan? Or do we have to stick to Cannon?

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Lady_Kenobi as long as it goes along with the challenge subject you can do anything you want! :) The challenge subject this time around is a post that describes something about Obi-Wan and his robe/cloak. Join in!

7. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Sheila What's truly amazing is the extent of your kindness. You've been a constant supportive presence to me since I came here, and I'm continually grateful for it. ;) Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving. :)

8. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    GREAT! I'll write that the cloak being handed down from father to child.

9. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Well here it is my Obi-Wan Challange Story! I hope everyone likes it. Enjoy!!!

My Father?s Gift
    By
    Lady-Kenobi

I turn thirteen TODAY! Okay my sister Leia turns thirteen today too, but she's not training to be a Jedi! My father once told me that when a Jedi has their thirteenth birthday that their Master gives them a special present. He told me that his own Master had given him a river rock from his homeworld.

I can?t wait for my present! My sister is teasing me that I?ll probably get the rock. Our mother tells us to behave. She puts her hand on my shoulder and tells me whatever my father gives me it will be special. Not just because it comes from a Master to his Padawan, but because it comes from a father to his son.

I peek into my father?s old bedroom and see him wrapping a present. Could it be MY present! I know that right now he feels my presence, because he puts the package away. Then he turns to me.

?Shouldn?t you be outside with your brothers or maybe tormenting your sister.?
    His words are strong, but have a touch of humor to them.

I?m so nervous that I practically choke on my words.
    ?I?m sorry Dad, but I was curious to see what you were doing.?

Of course being one of the greatest Jedi that ever lived he doesn?t buy that for a minute.
    ?You wanted to see what your present was didn?t you, Luke? Well I was thirteen once too, so I know how you feel. Let?s do some katas to let that energy go. Shall we??

We go into Varykino?s practice room, ignite our lightsabers, and start on the katas.
    I?m still a little clumsy, but my father is so graceful. I hope that one day I can be just like him.

Hours have pasted and Mom comes in to see us.
    ?The two of you need to shower right this instant! The guest will be here any moment!?

I leave to go get showered up, but first I look at my parents. Dad draws Mom near to him and whispers something in her ear that makes her blush and say to him ?You?re so bad.? as she pushes him away.
    Yeah I DEFENTLY want to be just like my dad in every way!

Moments later I?m freshly washed and dressed in a clean tunic and breaches. I go into Varykino?s big ballroom. There I see a sign that says HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEIA AND LUKE! My grandmother Jobal comes to hug me. ?Happy Birthday, Luke. You?ve gotten so tall.?
    I really think that I?m still too short, but she?s Grandma and I?m not going to argue with her.

My Aunt Sola, My Grandfather Ruwee, and my cousins Ryoo and Pooja are there too. As is my Uncle Wilhelm, my Aunt Alara, and my cousin Elanie. Many of Mom and Dad?s friends are here too (there are so many here that I know, but it would take a long time saying who they are).

We have dinner and then Teckla and Kurt wheel in a giant Birthday cake lit with fourteen candles(Nabooians believe in one candle for good luck). Everyone sings Happy Birthday to Leia and me. When they stop, Jar Jar Binks is still singing. Dad gives him a look that shuts him right up.
    I think that I?ve mentioned this before but I REALLY WANT TO BE JUST LIKE MY DAD!

We get a lot of presents; Leia got clothes, makeup, and computer games and I got clothes and computer games(thank the Force no makeup).

Our parents give us our presents. FINALLY I?M GONNA GET DAD?S PRESENT!
    Mom gives Leia an amulet that Grandpa gave her at that age. She gives me A SKYHOPPER?plus a maintaince kit and a good lecture on safety.

NOW DAD GIVES US HIS PESENTS! THIS IS THE MOMENT I?VE WAITED FOR! I HOPE I DON?T GET A ROCK!

He gives Leia a flute that Grandma Serah once had. She?s touched and kisses him on the cheek.

NOW IT?S MY TURN! I WANT MY PRESENT NOW, DAD!

He goes into a speech about a Jedi student turning thirteen. Yeah, blah blah blah BLAH Dad, JUST GIVE ME MY PRESENT!

I have to admit I KNOW he can fell my excitement so that?s why he?s being slow.
    He hands me a soft package and smiles at me.

?This is for y

10. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    That was beautiful Lady-Kenobi ! :) I laughed when poor Luke said he hoped he didn't get a rock! It was very touching how he kept reiterating how much he wanted to be just like his dad. :)

11. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a lovely post Lady Kenobi. I knew right away who the twins father was. I too like the part about the rock.

12. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Thank you Ladies! I had a wonderful time writing this. If I'm not too busy with writing "Twist of the Fates" I like to join in on other Obi-Wan Challange Stories.

13. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    When I saw the challenge, this was the first idea I had.

The Recovery Mission

The Jedi's cloak, whipped up by the wind, flapped behind him as he crossed the dusty street. Two birds, disturbed by his approach flew up and away.

Obi-Wan entered the low building, and his cloak fell back down around him. He stood there as all eyes turned toward him. He, in turn, turned toward the counter.

"Excuse me."

"Yes, sir?" the waitress asked. "Can I get you something?"

"Did you find a lightsaber in here yesterday? I'm afraid my padawan has misplaced his."

"Afraid not, sir."

"Thank you anyway."

He left the diner, his cloak again buffeted by the wind.

14. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    A/N: This is taken from a story I am working on, in which I took some excepts out of and added in the parts about the cloak to fit in with this challenge. I hope this little story fits in okay.

The General and His Cloak.
    By: CrystalKenobi

It was a dark and snowing day on Alderan. A man with a dark tan cloak, with his head bent against the torrents of snow, was struggling to walk down the street towards the Alderan palace. He wondered what was so important that his best friend Bail Orgena wanted him to come in this kind of weather. He paused and wrapped his cloak around him tighter. The wind seemed to be even colder than it was a few moments ago. His cloak seemed to be the only thing that kept him warm anymore these days. His cloak was a knighting gift from his master just before the wars. It was something he treasured and did not let out of his sight very much. He must certainly did not let anyone borrow it ether. He was tired of the political pressures and administrative work that came with being the General of the Alderan fleet. He never got enough rest or time to mediate anymore. But Bail had asked him to remain as the general of the fleet when the war was over. He could not refuse. .

During the wars he and Bail had become close friends. They had found they had a lot in common in regards to their annoyance with politicians and the senate itself and even with the Jedi Council. They also had the same views over how the fleet should be used to protect Alderan and not to be used to strike at other worlds as seem to be common these days. He had come to the point that he argued almost all the time with the Council over various issues and especially over their decision not to let Anakin and Padme to marry. Another thing he was fighting the council over is the fact that the Jedi needed to become less dependent of the Senate for their ships, and funding. But at this point there was no way to. Anything that was giving to the Jedi was taking away by the Senate, so even if a world was to give the Jedi ships and money, it would not help. Bail and several other senators who also believed this, were trying to come up with a way to help. They were even consulting with the Head Judge of the Republic who was know not to be supportive of the way the Senate was. He wrapped the cloak tighter around him.

Basically he had become a cynical, non-demonstrative, somewhat cold-hearted Jedi Knight as one person under his command had said that person thought the general was not around to hear. He stopped again to wrapped his cloak around tighter, he did not know what it was about this cloak that was special, but all he knew that it kept him warm, when he needed to be warm, it kept him dry, when he needed to be dry, and it comforted him when he needed he would let himself be comforted.

He looked up through the torrent of snowflakes to get his bearings. It was so dark he could barely make out the street lights. As best as he could tell, he was on the street where certain types of entertainment was located. Not a good place to be at this time of night, snow or not, even for a Jedi. He was fixing to continue on his way when something caught the corner of his right eye. It was a quick flash of, best that he could tell, peach color turn down an alley. Then he saw two shadow figures turn down the alley right behind the flash of peach color. At first he decided that it was none of his business and he could not help everyone, but then he realized that peach was not a color you see everyday. He sighed, swept the cloak out of his way, over his shoulders and turned down the alley.

As he slowly moved in the shadows, he saw towards the end of the alley, that the peach color flash was no other than a woman wearing a peach and cream color dress that at one time was the height of fashion. She wore no cloak of any kind. She was frantically trying to find a way out of the alley. As he got closer he could hear the two shadow figures, who he could now see where two men who looked like they were hoping for a l

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Drabbo_Fett That was wonderful! I'm always amazed by what you manage to convey in such few words. :)

CrystalKenobi :eek: Obi in love? How gallant of him to offer his cloak! :)

16. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Crys! Wonderful Job! Love to see 'Our Man" in love!

17. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Thank you LadyKenobi and Obi-ew for reading my story.

18. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Here's another cloak-based drabble. It's a bit silly.

A Padawan and a Gentlemen -- A Drabble

"On this planet," Obi-Wan explained, "puddles can be deep. Lay your cloak over them for Senator Megrayn."

"Why must I use mine?" Anakin asked. "Can't we use yours?"

"Anakin, I am the master, and..."

"...You are the padawan," Qui-Gon finished.

Reluctantly, Obi-Wan draped his cloak over the first puddle. As Ambassador Synes stepped on it, he strained to keep it flat.

"Now the next one."

This puddle was deep; he had to rely even more on the Force, and he was failing. Desperate, he reached out. The cloak snapped taut, knocking Synes back, right into the first puddle.

"Sorry, ma'am."

19. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Drabbo Fett - I like both of your posts. They were both wonderful.

20. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Great stories Lady-Kenobi, Drabbo_Fett and Crystal :) A nice variation of lighthearted (so cute L-K!), humourous (LMAO Fett!) and romantic (so sweet and nicely written Crystal). Ahhh, I do so enjoy a good read ;)

21. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Thanks for all the feedback! I do like these challenges. :)

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'd just like to remind everyone that the Winter Fan Fiction 2003 award nominations are being taken this week only, through Dec 7.

Here's the link Winter FanFic Award Noms

Please vote for your favorite authors. They deserve your support!

And the vignettes on this thread are eligible individually so if you liked one, vote for it!!!!

23. GuerreStellari

GuerreStellari Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 23, 2003
    OK... here's a go at the challenge...

Enjoy!

"Ugh, Sith! What is that smell?"

A fifteen-year old Anakin Skywalker pinched his nose in disgust. He sat next to his young Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, as they both rode the transport shuttle back to the Temple. Although a glimmer of sunlight still passed weakly over the highest buildings of Coruscant, the city planet had already begun to artificially illuminate from the bottom upward.

The Jedi and his apprentice were alone on the shuttle. They had spent the entire day at the Senate, where Obi-Wan had provided his young Padawan with an extensive tour of the Republic's government. It was supposed to have been an enlightening field trip on politics, yet as always, Anakin had insisted on taking the public shuttle back early.

"What smell?" Obi-Wan asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"It's your robe, Master!" Anakin said, exaggerating his movements. "What did you do? Roll around in Bantha sh--?!"

"Padawan."

Obi-Wan gave his young apprentice a stern look. Anakin shrugged and turned away. As soon as the young Padawan was looking out the shuttle window again, Obi-Wan nonchalantly smelled the interior of his robe. Hmmm. It does smell. When was the last time he had washed it? Force, ages ago.

Obi-Wan looked to his young Padawan, who was by now distracted by the quickly passing buildings. It seemed Anakin's behavior was becoming more disrespectful with each passing day. He's fifteen. You weren't much different at that age, Obi-Wan. But it worried him. Perhaps because he sensed a certain arrogance emanating from the boy. A certain pride. At times, it even felt like Anakin was making fun of Obi-Wan.

"Padawan," Obi-Wan broke the silence.

"Hmm?" Anakin said without turning.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you," Obi-Wan said.

Anakin turned, his face twisted into a slight smirk. Obi-Wan sighed briefly, letting his annoyance dissipate into the Force.

"Anakin," he continued. "Please remember that you are my Padawan, my apprentice. Your lack of respect--"

"Master, I'm sorry! I know you really dig that robe," Anakin interrupted. "But it does smell bad."

"No, it's not about the robe--and I know it does, I'll send it to the cleaners when we get back to the Temple. No, Anakin, this is about your behavior in general. For the past few months--"

Anakin rolled his eyes. Obi-Wan ignored it and continued.

"--you've been somewhat disrespectful to your elders. To me, to Master Windu, even to Master Yoda. I'd like to attribute it to just simple growing pains, but..."

Anakin crossed his arms petulantly.

"But what?" he asked.

But maybe you're just a brat, Obi-Wan wanted to say. He quickly shielded the thought, and his own inward chuckle, and continued in a serious tone.

"But nothing," Obi-Wan said. "You will learn your place, Anakin, with time... Remember, my young Padawan, arrogant Jedi don't get very far."

"Yes, Master," Anakin forced a monotonous response. "I'm sorry."

"Good. I'm glad to see you understand."

They continued to ride the shuttle in silence. Obi-Wan sniffed his robe again. Force, what was that smell, indeed? He looked back to the Padawan, whose face was red with chagrin. Obi-Wan felt a slight pang of guilt. Perhaps he was being too harsh on the boy.

Softly, Obi-Wan nudged Anakin in the ribs. The young Padawan looked up, his face an angry pout. Obi-Wan smiled.

"You know, maybe it was that mission to Dashmeer," he said, his tone light. "I've been smelling that planet since we got back."

Anakin laughed.

"You're telling me! If you don't wash that thing, Master, it's gonna start walking around on its own!"

"Not that you're a flower yourself," Obi-Wan chuckled.

Anakin gasped in feigned offense. He quickly sniffed under his arms.

"Hey, what are you talking about? I'll have you know the ladies find my natural aromas just gonzo!"

Obi-Wan could not help but laugh at loud at this. Anakin laughed too, absolutely delighted to finally see his Master open up in

24. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Guerrestellari - that was great. I liked it alot.

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Drabbo_Fett That was also wonderful! :D

GuerreStellari I was starting to get really annoyed with Anakin until the very end! It turned out to be a funny and heart warming look at their relationship. Excellent! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.