main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan Challenge Stories - Come on in!... Evil Obi Challenge! Updated 06/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kestella, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwwwww...that was so sweet

I can just picture shy little Obi-Wan at 7

?Mirror, Mirror on the wall,? Siri quoted, smiling gently down at him. ?You really are the most Bashful one of all.?

I love Siri's gentle teasing!

Great job on the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Excellent job LilyHobbitJedi!
    Obi-Wan would try to analyze a fairtale. [face_laugh] Sparring sure seems to lead to Siri and Obi-Wan on top of each other and in compromising situations quite often in these forums.;) No wonder Siri and Obi-Wan spar regularly![face_devil]

=D= =D= =D=

3. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Kelia - [face_laugh] ...that was great - well done on getting all 7 characteristics in! My favorite part was...

?Now, now, Macey, don?t be grumpy.? Obi-Wan chided as he measured out the medicine onto a large spoon. ?I?ve got your medicine right here. Now open wide and before you know it, we?ll turn that frown upside down.?

:D =D= Great job!

LilyHobbitJedi- Aw, this was really sweet...I loved little Obi...and the ending was nice and mushy.

?Mirror, Mirror on the wall,? Siri quoted, smiling gently down at him. ?You really are the most Bashful one of all.?

Suddenly he was very thankful for this fault as he kissed her again.

[face_love] Very nice...well done! =D=

4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Awesome little viggie. It was so cute! It does seems like they spar a lot, don't they? :)

5. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Challenge: Seven Dwarfs and Obi-Wan
    Title: Mission Complete
    Author: Laine_Snowtrekker
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin (mostly)
    Genre: Not quite sure
    Timeframe: The Saga
    Notes: Not my sandbox, not my toys--but fun to play with
    NOtes2: Obi-Wan sneezes, snores, and is happy. I hope this counts.

Mission Complete

Obi-Wan opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was the familiar ceiling of the Healers' Ward. He groaned softly and turned his head. For that movement, he was rewarded with a wave of pain and the second sight he saw: his Padawan, curled lankily in the plastichair next to the bed.

"Anakin," he said quietly.

Anakin instantly awoke, unfolding himself from the chair. "You're awake!"

"It would be appear so," Obi-Wan said. He took in a deep breath, winced, and coughed. Then he sneezed.

"That's like the ten millionth time you've made some noise," Anakin said.

"That's impossible, Padawan. I have not sneezed that many times," Obi-Wan said. He looked at Anakin quizzically. "Have I?"

"I counted coughs and snores as well, Master," Anakin said patiently. "The Healers say that you're their noisiest patient."

One of Obi-Wan's eyebrows arched. "I've heard that certain apprentices are in the running for that particular title," he said.

A slight blush tinged the teen's cheeks and his eyes grew defiant. "I do not whine, Master! I just don't like shots!"

Obi-Wan sneezed again. "Did you speak to the Council?"

Anakin nodded. "Yes, Master, while you were unconscious. The mission was a success--you know, peace kept, evil held at bay. You have been quite pleased if you had been awake to know it."

"What do the Healers say?"

"The main healer said you'd be fine in a few days," Anakin said. He flashed one of his wicked grins. "The giggly apprentice healers want to keep you longer. I don't know why they'd want to keep you, Master. I'm a lot less trouble."

"No, Anakin. You're a different type of trouble," Obi-Wan quipped. He looked at Anakin closely. The Padawan was still wearing the robes he'd worn on the mission, which by now had been stained, ripped, and slept-in. "You haven't slept, Anakin," Obi-Wan said.

"Couldn't sleep with all the noise you make," Anakin teased cheerily. But his eyes belied his having another feeling altogether.

Obi-Wan frowned slightly before sneezing again. "You should shower and rest," he said, coughing.

"Not while you're in here," Anakin said, shifting uneasily in his chair. "And don't be so grumpy, Master! You do the exact same thing when we've switched places."

"Anakin, it wasn't your fault," Obi-Wan said gently.

"Yes, it was," the teen protested. "I didn't get there fast enough--all that water, and it was so cold." He pulled his cloak tighter around his shoulders. "And there was so many of them--I can hardly believe that we got out."

"But the point is that we did get out," Obi-Wan said. "And we got out together." He reached over and put a hand on his Padawan's shoulder. "The mission isn't over until we're back together and safe, Anakin, and now we are both."

He sneezed again, then tried to smile. "Did you save the speeder?"

Anakin's lips quirked into a smile. "Mostly."

"Now do you understand why I hate flying?" Obi-Wan joked, looking at Anakin to ensure the boy wasn't upset over what he'd said. He wasn't; he was now grinning.

"Together?" Anakin asked. "As a team?"

"Always," Obi-Wan said, and coughed again.

Obi-Wan watched silently as his old friend opened his eyes; he was frightened, nervous, happy at this first meeting between friends and former enemies.

"Obi-Wan?" Anakin asked. He looked down at himself, a look of shock on his face. He glanced at Obi-Wan. "I have all my limbs," he said, a note of suprise in his voice.

Obi-Wan walked over to his former apprentice and wrapped him in a hug. "I'm so sorry," he said softly as he let go.

"Master, it wasn't your fault," Anakin started.

"Yes, it was," Obi-Wan protested. "I chose to not see. I let you fall so far! I..."

An

6. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Aw, lovely - well done, great response to the challenge...I esp liked...

"The main healer said you'd be fine in a few days," Anakin said. He flashed one of his wicked grins. "The giggly apprentice healers want to keep you longer. I don't know why they'd want to keep you, Master. I'm a lot less trouble."

"No, Anakin. You're a different type of trouble," Obi-Wan quipped.

[face_laugh]

And the ending was just perfect...

=D=

7. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Anakin turned to Obi-Wan. "We're a team again," Anakin said. "Right?"

what a heartwarming welcome back to the light side.

This story was very sweet.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    INDEX OF STORIES FOR CHALLENGE #5
    Dress Up Obi ...Obi's venture into the wide world of fashion...write a fic in which Obi-Wan has to wear anything but those brown robes! An undercover mission? A special celebration? Put him in a kilt, formalwear, local costume, swim suit, etc?let the plot bunnies go crazy!

Title: A Holo Is Worth A Thousand Words
    Author:LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: A few years before AOTC
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, random Obi fangirls and a touch of Siri.
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: When Obi-Wan and Anakin take a vacation to the beach, Obi-Wan has some unforseen complications.
    AN: Well here is my response to the Dress Obi challenge. It's kinda long and rather disturbing even to me, but I hope you enjoy.

Title: When on Zirba, Do as the Zirbans Do
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
    Summary: Donning the native costume proves to be a bit embarrassing for the boys

Title: Pyjamas Come Before A Fall
    Author: Kestrel_Kenobi
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace.
    Genre: Silliness, humour.
    Timeframe: Sometime between TPM and AoTC
    A/N: Written for the ?dress up obi? challenge...with thanks to my beta Nienna (by the way I changed the ending slightly for you ;) )

Title: The Clothes make up the Hermit
    Author: ardavenport (aka Anne Davenport)
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, ghostly Qui-Gon, OCs
    Genre: humor, Dress Up Obi-Wan Challenge
    Timeframe: between trilogies, Post-ROTJ, Pre-ANH
    Keywords Obi-Wan Kenobi, Tatooine, hermit
    Summary: Obi-Wan needs new clothes.
    Notes: Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox.

Title: Keeping Up Appearances
    Author: Nienna Narmolanya
    Timeframe: Before AotC
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Anakin are assigned a special mission, and it proves to be more than they bargained for?much more.
    Notes: For the Dress Up Obi challenge. If I could use one word to describe this story, it would be ?absurd.? I can?t believe I wrote this. You?ve been forewarned?

9. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: A Holo Is Worth A Thousand Words
    Author:LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: A few years before AOTC
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, random Obi fangirls and a touch of Siri.
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: When Obi-Wan and Anakin take a vacation to the beach, Obi-Wan has some unforseen complications.
    AN: Well here is my response to the Dress Obi challenge. It's kinda long and rather disturbing even to me, but I hope you enjoy.

A Holo Is Worth A Thousand Words

?Hurry Padawan, our transport leaves in twenty minutes,? Anakin?s master called.

Sixteen year old Anakin Skywalker groaned in dismay; he never liked being rushed.
    And Obi-Wan Kenobi, his master, always had paranoia about being late to anything. ?Punctuality,? Obi-Wan once said. ?Is something a Jedi must be.? As much as he cared for and admired his master, Obi-Wan could be very uptight at times.

Throwing another tunic, some socks, and bathing suit into his pack, he left his room. Usually Anakin wouldn?t care so much about packing a great deal, but this particular trip was different. They were actually going on a vacation, some that Jedi seldom did. After several extremely trying missions; Obi-Wan decided they needed a break.

For the next week they were going to stay at a beachside resort along Corellia?s largest sea. Anakin enjoyed the fact that he would be able to perfect his swimming abilities as well as experiment with different varieties of water craft. He was also hoping to learn more about his master and try to get Obi-Wan to relax. Anakin was sure this last plan would certainly be the hardest one to figure out.

~~~~~

The flight to Corellia was uneventful which was what Obi-Wan preferred. He knew his padawan always wanting adventure and the chance to show off his superior flying skills, but it was nice to have a break from that. The Jedi Knight was thrilled that the Council had granted them a short leave, something that was becoming increasingly more difficult to acquire.

Obi-Wan remembered the last time he?d visited the Corellian seashore; at the time he was twenty and Qui-Gon had brought him on the trip. It was one of the most relaxing times he could remember and he couldn?t wait to have the opportunity to relax.

?Master, we?re coming into the Corellian atmosphere,? Anakin stated.

?Good,? Obi-Wan replied. ?The resort is only a short distance from the docking bay.?

Anakin gracefully set down the small craft a few minutes later and they passed through customs before they proceeded to the resort.

?Reservations for Kenobi,? Obi-Wan said to the man standing behind the desk.

?Ah yes, room 815,? the attendant replied handing over the key chips. ?Will you be requiring any swimwear, sunscreen or equipment rentals? We do have a shop that carries anything you might need for the water.?

?No, I don?t believe so.? Was Obi-Wan?s polite reply.

?Very well,? the attendant responded. ?Enjoy your stay.?

~~~~~

Their room turned out to be quite adequate, even luxurious. Obi-Wan could tell immediately that his padawan was surprised by the opulent suite they?d received. But surprisingly the first thing Anakin said was ?Let?s go to the beach.?

Obi-Wan chuckled. ?But we?ve only just arrived.?

?I know Master, but I feel like swimming,? Anakin replied eagerly.

Normally this would be a time where Obi-Wan would tell Anakin that he must control his impatience, but they were on vacation after all. ?All right, let?s go swimming.?

Anakin flashed a grin towards his master and ducked into the fresher; he exited a minute later wearing his dark blue swim trunks.

Obi-Wan carried his bag into the fresher and began rummaging through his bag for his suit. ?I know I packed it,? he muttered to himself as he continued to search. Five minutes later he looked down at the emptied contents of his bag in dismay. It seemed that he forgot his suit in his haste to leave.

?Padawan,? Obi-Wan said walking out of the fresher. ?Perhaps you should go by yourself; I?m afraid I don?t have my suit.?

Anakin?s cheerful face instantly tur

10. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    I loved that, Lily! Well done! =D=

11. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor Obi! I laughed so hard I was crying and I just about died. :D Everytime I thought a funny line couldn't be beat, I came across one even more hilarious. Great job, LilyHobbitJedi! =D= I just loved it!

Favorite lines:
    Anakin nodded and followed his master out, but not before sneaking a small holocam in his pocket.

?Ooh,? said the brunette. ?Listen to that accent; I think I?m going to melt.?

?Only a few?.dozen,? Anakin replied with a smirk.
    ?Can I have one?? the brunette asked.

?You know what they say, Obi-Wan,? said a familiar female voice. ?A holo is worth a thousand words.?

12. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    =D= Oh, that was awesome! Bravo! I especially liked this line: "Ooh,? said the brunette. ?Listen to that accent; I think I?m going to melt.?. I think that all the time! :) =D=

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Ah, poor Obi! Mobbed at the beach and now the holo is all over the Temple!

Still, what I would give to see the holo...=P~ =P~ =P~

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    ?Hey cutie,? said a woman sauntering over to where Obi-Wan and Anakin were sitting. The lady looked to be in her mid twenties, had blonde hair and wore a slim pink bikini.

?Pardon?? Obi-Wan asked, not sure if she was talking to him or Anakin.

?You heard me, hot stuff,? the woman declared waggling her eyebrows at Obi-Wan.

[face_laugh]

oh my that was wonderful! What a great response to the challenge.

I loved it...poor obi! hehe

=D=

15. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    Laine_Snowtrekker Awww, I just read Mission Complete

That was sooo sweet! :_| [:D]

Well done!=D=

16. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    It's come to our attention that some of you would prefer to post your challenge fics outside of the challenge thread. This is perfectly fine. We'd ask however that if you do this please place a link to your fic in the challenge thread so we know where to find it (makes it easier for us to index as well).

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: When on Zirba, Do as the Zirbans Do
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
    Summary: Donning the native costume proves to be a bit embarrassing for the boys

When on Zirba, Do as the Zirbans Do

Obi-Wan plucked at a stray thread nervously. ?Are you sure this is what the natives wear?? he asked in an anxious voice. ?Maybe they?re playing a joke on us.?

They were on the planet Zirba and scheduled to take part in an important ceremony crowning a new King and welcoming the little planet to the Republic. The soon-to-be crowned King, however, had insisted that the Jedi don the native costume of the Zirbans, and so now, they were trying to decide if maintaining peace in this bit of the galaxy was worth the embarrassment of doing so. It was not a cut and dried issue, especially now that they could see them on.

Qui-Gon, who was having difficulties of his own, frowned at his reflection in the mirror. ?So they tell me,? he answered, though his tone made it clear that he, too, had his doubts. He turned around slowly for Obi-Wan?s inspection. ?How does it look??

Studying his Master carefully, Obi-Wan finally murmured, ?Odd, very, very odd.?

Giving a grunt that was a mixture of amusement and derision, Qui-Gon quirked one dark brow. ?And I suppose you think that you look any better?? He crossed his arms over his broad chest and spread his legs slightly, appearing ready to do battle.

Obi-Wan also gave an experimental twirl, watching his reflection in the mirror. He gave his Master a bemused grin and shrugged. ?Well, I think I?ve got better legs than you anyway.?

?You wish, young one,? Qui-Gon smirked as he placed his hand on his own powerful thigh. ?This is a tree trunk, I tell you, a tree trunk!? Then he gave a humph of satisfaction at having put his Padawan in his place and gave him a look that dared the younger man to challenge his assertion.

The Padawan gave his Master an infuriating smile. ?If you want to think so, Master.?

?I know so!? Qui-Gon frowned as Obi-Wan turned back to the mirror.

?I suppose it isn?t all that bad,? Obi-Wan murmured thoughtfully. ?I mean, it isn?t completely dreadful.? Then he glanced at his Master. ?Well, not on some of us anyway.?

?Careful, my boy,? Qui-Gon warned. ?I could tell them that you want to see something in pink.?

?Pink wouldn?t go with my hair,? Obi-Wan answered with a twinkle in his eyes. ?You, however, could carry it off just fine.? He reached out and rubbed his fingers over a lock of Qui-Gon?s dark hair. ?With this hair? Yes, pink would definitely be your color.?

?Insolent cub,? Qui-Gon growled as he yanked his hair free of Obi-Wan?s grasp. ?I?ll get you back for that one day, just see if I don?t.?

?You?ll have to catch me first,? Obi-Wan reminded him with an impudent smile. ?And let?s face it, I?m faster than you.? He looked his Master up and down, stopping at his Master?s feet in the traditional Zirban sandle ? not that it had been easy to find a pair in his size. ?Much faster, those big feet alone will slow you down.?

?Ah well, let?s not forget the weight of that ego you?re carrying, my young Padawan,? Qui-Gon remarked as he tugged sharply on Obi-Wan?s braid. ?Such a big ego for one so young and lacking in experience ? so conceited.? He shook his head sadly. ?It boggles the mind, it really does, but I suppose the foolishness of youth must be excused even if it cannot be understood.?

?Not conceit, Master,? Obi-Wan corrected, ?confidence in my natural abilities. That?s all.?

?Conceit,? Qui-Gon answered implacably, crossing his arms and looking down his nose at his argumentative young Padawan. ?Plain and simple.?

For a moment, the younger man studied the Master, laughter still twinkling in his eyes. Then he crossed his arms as well, mirroring his Master?s posture as he so often did though he was rarely aware of doing so. ?Ah, I see what we have here,? Obi-Wan mused.

?And what is that?? Qui-Gon asked curiously.

?Jealousy, plain and simple[/i

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in a kilt!

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

This story defenitely needs some cover art!

I just loved the banter between Qui and Obi.

Great job on the challnege

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

19. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Ah Mama Vader I happened to see both Liam and Ewan in kilts and they both looked quite smashing!Lovely banter between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Obi will be repaid for his torture and mocking insolance with Anakin.
    Good job.

LHJ- [face_laugh] loved the speedo! The ending was very fitting with Anakin distributing holos at the temple and Siri being the last to mock Obi.

Can I have a holo too?:D

20. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    [face_laugh]

?You?ll be lucky if you can keep up with me,? Qui-Gon said with a sniff, ?even when I?m old and gray.?

?Grayer,? Obi-Wan noted with a glance at the silver streak gracing Qui-Gon?s temple.

Qui-Gon tapped his head. ?There?s more knowledge in this gray head than you?ll ever be able to grasp, my young Padawan.?

?What does that matter? You?ve forgotten half of it anyway,? Obi-Wan mocked.

[face_laugh]

Fantastic - I loved all the banter between the two of them...and the kilts! lol - I can picture them both perfectly...=P~

Wonderful response to the challenge... =D=

21. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Awesome! Qui and Obi in kilts! The banter was incredibly cool, too. :) :D

22. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] A kilt! That was great, VaderLVR, and I loved the banter. :D

?You?re jealous of my youth and good looks, and the knowledge that one day I?ll be the superior Jedi and you?ll just be an old man doddering around the Temple trying to remember where you put your lightsaber.?

=D=

23. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    I've seen Obi and Quiggy in kilts...and they look HOT HOT HOT!!:p ;)

But it won't let me post the links...:oops:

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Laine_Snowtrekker I loved it!

LilyHobbitJedi A holo of Obi is definitely worth a lot! ;)

KELIA WHen I saw the pictures of Ewan in his kilt on the Obi thread, I got inspired! [face_love]

obsessedwithSW Qui can just deliver Obi to me, and I'll soon have him whimpering an apology! :p

Kestrel_Kenobi Gotta love a man in a kilt! :D

Laine_Snowtrekker Boys will be boys. [face_mischief]

Nienna_Narmolanya Actually, my kids say stuff like that to me all the time. Except its a neighborhood instead of a temple and my clothes instead of my lightsaber. [face_laugh]

Magenta_Moonshadow Those boys DO know how to fill out a kilt, don't they? [face_batting]

25. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005

**holds up hand** That would be MY fault for posting them..:p

And of course for Qui in a kilt, you've only got to see Liam in Rob Roy! A McJedi if ever I saw one!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.