main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan Challenge Stories - Come on in!... Evil Obi Challenge! Updated 06/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kestella, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    McJedi [face_laugh] - if only I could order one of those at McDonalds!

Ok - I wrote a challenge response! It can be found here - http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/24119236/p1/?0

2. Just-Plain-Shmi

Just-Plain-Shmi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    These are all wonderful! =D=

JPS :)

3. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    Just don't ask for the Quarter Pounder...[face_whistling] :p [face_blush]

**scurries off to read Kes's challenge story**

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'm just sneaking in to post a link to my challenge story The Clothes Make the Hermit.

And what do I find....McJedi???? Ooooooooh, I need to find one of those.[face_mischief]

5. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Hmmm...McJedi... [face_batting]

Anyway, here we go. My first challenge response in this thread, and my first attempt at humor. (Whoa, lots of firsts!) [face_hypnotized] We'll see how it goes...

Title: Keeping Up Appearances
    Author: Nienna Narmolanya
    Timeframe: Before AotC
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Anakin are assigned a special mission, and it proves to be more than they bargained for?much more.
    Notes: For the Dress Up Obi challenge. If I could use one word to describe this story, it would be ?absurd.? I can?t believe I wrote this. You?ve been forewarned? :p

A big thank you goes to Kes for reading this over and giving my self-esteem bubble a little extra air. [:D]

><><

As the double doors slid open, Obi-Wan strode into the Council chamber with Anakin on his heels. He breathed deeply of the cool, circulated air, coming to stand in the center of the yellow circle on the floor, Anakin taking his place at the master?s right.

?You summoned us, Masters?? he asked, bowing slightly to Master Yoda.

Mace Windu leaned forward in his seat. ?Indeed, Knight Kenobi. The Council has a special mission prepared for you and Skywalker.? The dark skinned man?s eyes flickered curiously.

?A mission of what kind?? Obi-Wan asked after a moment?s pause, his brow furrowing. He and Anakin had only just gotten back to the Temple after a long, difficult negotiation on Fulani and he was counting on the Council granting them a few days rest at least?

?As you may know, much of the public views the Jedi Order with some amount of suspicion, seeing us as remote and unapproachable.?

Obi-Wan nodded. He?d gotten that impression before, but what did that have to do with the mission?

?In light of this, the Council has decided that the Jedi must mingle more with the general populous of Coruscant in order to neutralize these negative feelings.?

Obi-Wan nodded again slowly, noticing the unusual silence of the other Council members. Though he couldn?t say why, a bad feeling about the whole situation was taking root in his stomach. Beside him, Anakin shifted, alerting Obi-Wan to the fact that he wasn?t the only one getting that sensation.

Folding his hands on his lap, Mace met Obi-Wan?s gaze. ?We?ve scheduled a block of time in the Girtlan Club?s nightly lineup for certain Jedi to appear before the crowd and?well...perform a little something. We think this will improve the public?s opinion and acceptance of the Jedi.?

Obi-Wan, however, didn?t hear Mace?s last sentence, as his mind had gotten stuck on a certain word. ?Perform??

Mace nodded, an odd twinkle in his eye, and Obi-Wan suddenly had the sneaking suspicion that the master was trying to get even with him for what had happened at the Annual Temple Toga party the week before. It had been an unpleasant situation, Obi-Wan would admit, but still?

Resisting the urge to run his hand over his face as his stomach twisted sharply, Obi-Wan glanced at Anakin, who was looking rather ill. ?And what will we be performing??

A smile crept onto Mace?s face, as Obi-Wan fought to keep his churning stomach under control. ?Tonight, you and Skywalker will be? The Tap-Dancing Jedi.?

><><

?Anakin, what is this?? Obi-Wan tried to keep the shock and disgust out of his voice, but failed miserably. He held up the coarse heap of fabric that his padawan had tossed into his arms, studying it as best as he could by the dim backstage lights.

Anakin looked down at his own tangled lump of fabric, eyeing in warily. ?I think these are our costumes, Master. And there?s a hat and hooked rod of some sort too.?

?What? I can?t wear this!? Obi-Wan glanced back and forth, searching the shadowed corners for an escape route in a rather un-Jedi-like fashion.

?Well, we have to. Otherwise the Council will be after us.? Anakin smiled slyly. ?This is a mission after all.?

Snorting quietly, Obi-Wan took off his outer robe and tossed it to the worn, wooden floor that he couldn?t even see in the gloom. ?I?d

6. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] Fantastic Nienna - so glad you posted this it gave me a well needed giggle! I loved all of it, but this especially made me laugh out loud.

A chorus of high-pitched cries erupted from behind. ?Follow those Jedi!? one woman shrieked.

Blast! We?ve been spotted. Obi-Wan?s stomach flip-flopped, as he spurred his legs to action, Anakin right beside him. ?No, my very young apprentice,? he replied, around his labored breathing. ?A mission is never deemed a success until the Jedi negotiators are safely returned to home base.?

[face_laugh] wonderful challenge fic! Great job! =D=

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

What I would give to have seen that show....

You know, you never mentioned what happened at the Temple Toga party...:p

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Kes - Thank you! :D I'm glad you got your daily dose of giggles. Always important. ;)

KELIA - Thanks for reading! :) Ah, the Temple Toga Party... [face_mischief]

9. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    LOL!! I loved it, Master! Well done!@};-

(Now, if only they'd been kilted, tap-dancing McJedi...:p ;) ... they would never have escaped from the women...:D )

10. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Thank you, Padawan! :D

Kilted! Tap-dancing! McJedi! =P~ *faints* *comes to* Where? Where? :p

11. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    That'll have to be your next fic...:p

12. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    INDEX OF STORIES FOR CHALLENGE #7
    Evil Obi Challenge with a twist...
    Your mission is to write an ?evil Obi? fic ? this doesn?t necessarily mean ?Sith? - there are other ways of being evil. Be creative! Your fic must include at least 3 of the following quotes...
    1. In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
    2. I have a bad feeling about this.
    3. Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.
    4. You know I don't like it when you do that.
    5. This weapon is your life.
    6. Not to worry. We're still flying half a ship.
    7. How uncivilized.

Title: Iniquity?s Argument
    Author: jodiwent
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia

13. aniobi320

aniobi320 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2006
    This is one story that is going to forever be saved on "Favorite Places." I loved it! Too bad it all had to be a dream. I liked the dialouge between Anakin and Obi-Wan and Padme. Great work!

14. aniobi320

aniobi320 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2006
    That was so good! I love how Ben realized how much of Anakin Luke has in him, it was just like having him back again...and why doesn't it surprise me that Obi-Wan taught Anakin the thing that could have won him a battle, but Anakin didn't listen? "Always keep the high ground." Yep, that's Ani, all right.

15. aniobi320

aniobi320 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2006
    Ha! I loved that! Esp. Obi's conversations with himself![face_laugh] Anakin is definetly paying for lauging at him earlier! I was in tears from laughing so hard at this fic! That was great! =D=

16. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Well, here's an Evil Obi Challenge story.

I was hoping not to be first, but - -

-------------------------------------
    Iniquity?s Argument

For five years Bail Organa had lived in fear, Fear that the happiness of his family would come to an end at the point of a light saber. So it had come to pass, but unlike what he had believed for those years the blade was not red, but blue. The last words he gasped out were, ?Kenobi, why?? The Crown Prince of Alderan lay dead next to his Queen who had preceded him.

?Why indeed - - ? Kenobi sneered while shutting down his weapon. ?Now that I am the last of the Jedi - - ? his mind wondered to the body of the little green Jedi Master, or what Vader had left of it. ?I must train the next generation. You have served your purpose. The child is old enough to train. You would never let me take her. If I did, you would hunt us till she were found.? Obi-Wan didn?t know why he was explaining to a corpse. This was the second time in a few days that the surrogate parents of one of his apprentices children had met such an end; Now to find that second child. She was not far, hiding as she had been told. The Jedi found the room, then the closet the little girl sat shivering in. When the door slid open, little Leia saw a stranger, but his face looked kind.

?Hello there little one,? Obi-Wan said, seeming a friend. ?We must go quickly if we are to escape.?

Leia hesitated. Her thoughts went to her parents. ?Mommy and Daddy??

?I?m sorry little one, they are gone.?

?Why should I go with you??

?I?m going to take you to your brother, and keep you safe.? Obi-Wan held his hand out hoping the child would go willingly.

?Brother??

?I know you are too young to understand, but you have a brother. Wouldn?t you like to meet your brother??

Something told Leia that the man was telling the truth. Her parents were gone, and somewhere she had - - a brother. A tiny hand reached out then Kenobi possessed what he had wanted. Not wanting her to see what had happened to her family he took her ways that were clear. Still they had to pass a few fallen guards and beloved retainers.

The girl was perceptive. She asked, ?Is this what happened to Mommy and Daddy?? Her new guardian nodded. ?Who did this??

At first Kenobi?s face could not hide his guilt. It soon cleared. Obi-Wan still believing he was a Jedi answered, ?Lord Vader is responsible for this.? These words burned into the child?s mind. It was what Kenobi had wanted. He wanted her to hate that man as much as he did, enough to become, with her brother, the weapon that would bring him down.

With stealth and redirection, Obi-Wan walked right out of the palace with the princess in tow. They went to a ship that had been stolen from Tatooine a few days before. It made a short trip to Dagobah, back to Tatooine, then to Alderan. It would soon be traveling to a planet beyond the known galaxy, somewhere off the map; so remote no one would ever find them. Waiting there was a small blond boy. A light saber, almost as big as he was, hung on his belt.

?Luke,? Obi-Wan called out. ?This is your sister, Leia.? The two younglings stared at each other and knew that what Obi-Wan said was so. ?Before we leave here, I want you to have something.? Obi-Wan took out a smaller, sleeker, light saber. ?It is the weapon of a Jedi. It once belonged to a great Jedi Master. I will train you to use this as I will train your brother to use the one given to him.?

The girl took the small cylinder and instinctively turned it on. A green blade issued forth. ?I can feel its power,? she said before turning it off.

Obi-Wan continued to say, ? I will tell you what I told Luke when I gave him his light saber; this weapon is your life.?

______Five-teen years later______

They had him. The Skywalker twins had Lord Vader where they wanted him. Green and Blue blades whirled and hissed against red blade. With each stroke they remembered what Obi-Wan had told them for years:

?Vader killed the Jedi.?

?Vader killed your father.?

?Vader killed your

17. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Nooooo, Obi killed Bail. That's just wrong.

But, very well done for the evil Obi challenge.

Good job!!

=D=

18. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Wow! What an eerie twist! :D That Obi-Wan would actually go over the edge and think he is doing the work of a Jedi by murdering those who tried to protect the twins.

What a unique challenge reponse, jodiwent! =D=

19. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    You needn't have worrried about being first jodiwent!

That was a great take on evil obi [face_skull] ...and I loved the way you worked the quotes in!

Great ending as well...lol...guess he had it coming!

Well done =D=

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Whoa ? what a twist! I definitely didn?t see that one coming.

I?m glad to see Luke and Leia kill the evil Obi

Awesome job on the challenge!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. Luminara_Kenobi

Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2006
    newbie poster here,but avid reader of this board. luv your stories (probably because i luv Obi) [face_blush] but why is everyone out to make him evil!? :_|

22. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    The challenges are to challenge authors, away from what they normally write.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.