main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi Wan Could have Saved Qui Gon Jinn

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord-IN-Vader, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-IN-Vader

Lord-IN-Vader Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Simply because he had the jedi speed
    he defiantly used it before when they faught the driods in the opening scene of PM

Then the last battle when the forcefield doors are closing in he is just jogging when he could have used to jedi speed and tag teamed maul again , thus saving his life

but then again it was QGJ's destiny to die

2. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I suppose Obi Wan was much more tired at that point.
    He is one of two people to have fought a Sith Lord in 1000 yrs and I'm sure it would wear you down much quicker than fighting droids.

3. vacantlook

vacantlook Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2004
    I'm thinking Obi-Wan needed a bit of a recharge after having just used the Force to jump up a high distance and couldn't use a major Force-assisted manuever again so soon. He was still a young Padawan at that point, after all.

4. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Is it me or dose the Red laser doors stay shut for longer when Qui-Gon and Darth Maul are fighting?

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This has been discussed many, many times. I'm sure Obi-Wan feels that way himself, knowing his tendency towards feeling responsible. However, I think it's been agreed upon by a number of people that Obi-Wan was, at this point, very tired from using the Force to fight and jump and also just physically tired as well.

He clearly pulls on deeper reserves he probably hadn't tapped before to fight Maul then after Qui-Gon is stabbed... but he also draws some on the Dark Side. Naturally, not good, and a lesson.

Remember that Qui-Gon says Obi-Wan has difficulty focusing on the living Force. That would mean he wouldn't be as good at the here and now of the Force for fighting. He's better at sensing the future and premonitions. He gets better at letting go of the conscious self later in life, I think.

-sj loves kevin spacey

6. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    whys it his destiny?

7. Lord-IN-Vader

Lord-IN-Vader Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    It was his destiny because he was the wisest of all jedi
    If he were to live, the seris of events with Vader would have not happened the same way

Remember he is the main one pushing for anakin ot be trained

8. IVAN_JEDI-MASTER

IVAN_JEDI-MASTER Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    i agree with you lord-in-vader obi wan could have saved QGJ but anyway he would have died in another battle because it was his destiny besides if he would`t have die obi wan wouldn`t have learnt the technique to return from the other world

9. morgue

morgue Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    who's to say he could have saved him? They would have fought together again but that doesn't mean he was or wasn't going to die anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.