main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-wan DID care about Padme...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by FallenKnight88, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Alot has been going around about whether or not Obi-wan truly had any type of feelings for Padme; specifically in regards to his somewhat casual approach to Padme being strangled by Anakin in ROTS. However after re-watching all 3 PT Movies I believe that you will see that he did indeed care for the young senator:

TPM: Well their relaitonship in EP1 is actually rather professional as he is one of her Jedi protectors. Not much feelings shown toward each other.

AOTC: By EP2 although Obi-wan does seem to have a distrust for Senators, I believe that towards the battle on Genosis, he had grown fond of Padme. That business about leaving her to pursue Dooku, you can tell that Obi-wan was rather torn about it by looking at his face..almost regrettful.

ROTS: He apoligizes to Padme when he implys he's going to kill Anakin and when he finally confronts Anakin he makes it a point to save Padme. Though much has been said about his casual, non-chalant approach towards it, if you re-watch it you will see that Obi-wan is in fact performing a "force heal" when he touches Padme's face. The reason he was so casual about it is becasue he was confident that he could heal her--NOT becasue he didn't care. And according to the droids, he DID heal her (she was in perfect health)..she just lost the will to live.

I know I may have mentioned this before, but I'm just sick and tired of people bashing my favorite jedi.

Strilo edit: There is already a thread discussing Obi-Wan and Padmé here.

2. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Originally the Anakin/Padme/Obi-Wan situation was supposed to involve into a bit of a love triangle, Padme leaving Anakin for Obi-Wan when Anakin starts to go evil.

And who could blame her, because Obi-Wan > Anakin.

3. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Although that would have been intriguing, it also would have been cliche' and wouldn't have made sense w/ Obi-wan's character.

4. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Precisely why the idea was dropped, I'm sure.

I just noticed the other thread about this, everybody knows about that love triangle story I guess, hehe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.