main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Obi-wan has spoiled himself, how embarrassing.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Lando's Little Maneuver, Dec 26, 2012.

?

Are you going to spoil yourself?

1. I'm already forming my team for a covert mission to steal the script.

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. I'm just going to fly casually, and if I get spoiled so be it.

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. The title, the trailers and the cast will do me fine.

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. If any of you even say spoiler I'm going kill so many younglings.

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    So since we're running out of things to speculate about, I thought i'd pose the question;

Are you going to go into Episode VII spoiled rotten or are you going to freakishly avoid anything star wars out of fear of someone telling you that Anakin is actually Luke's son, who had him sent back in time to destroy the Sith, and to become his own grandfather.

I know in the lead up to TPM, I stopped just short of reading the first few chapters of the novelisation.
    In AotC, I had read a leaked copy of the script before seeing the film.
    For RotS, I quit spoilers cold turkey, which necessitated me leaving theforce.net

This time around, I'm not going to deny myself the fun of dicussing the film to save myself from being spoiled. I'm not going to actively seek them out, but if I read them I read them.

2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    For VII, I'm gonna listen to the spoilers. I was spoiler-free for II and III (seeing as I was five), and I want to absorb the Star Wars community in the lead-up to the new movie...

3. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I do NOT want to get caught off guard by another bad SW movie. Spoilers all the way. I'm going to wait for it to come out and go to themoviespoilers before making the final decision about whether to see it or not.

Han Shot First likes this.
  4. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Will you let the spoilers affect whether or not you see the movie?

5. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Hell, i'd still see it out of curiosity even if it did suck the big one.

Julius Vernon and Fettcrom like this.
  6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I should have done that. I wasn't smart enough. I read 3SA and got spoiled big time.

7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Won't be possible for me to stay away from spoilers.

8. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Nope. If it looks PT bad we'll go on a Sunday and MST3K that bad boy!

Han Shot First likes this.
  9. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I loved the PT and was here for all of it. Spoilers and all. Yet, about 70+% of the "spoilers" were wrong, inaccurate, lies, vague, or impressionistic images and brief snippets. NOt really enough to ruin any of them for me. So, here we go!

SlashMan and kainee like this.
  10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to know what's happening in the film OFC, I'll limit my spoilers. When I was waiting for Scream 4 I was spoiled rotten. I swear I knew everything that happened in the movie before it came out.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I actually did refuse to see ROTS due to spoilers, at least for several months. I was finally convinced to see it in August at the $1.50 theater.

I'll pay attention to spoilers for this one, although not the point of reading the entire script ahead of time as I did for AOTC. (Saw that one 10 times in the theater.)

12. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Flyin' casually, that's the way to go y'all!

Fettcrom likes this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    They'll die before they'll tell us anything!

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I asked myself, what would Jesus do?

Jesus would find a hole a crawl into and have that hole covered by a boulder. Then he would die to avoid spoilers and resurrect himself in time to see VII. Repeat for VIII and IX.

So that's what I'm going to do.

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Whatever else you do and whether or not you chose to be spoiler-free or not-stay away with anything with the following words in it "Super Shadow"

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  16. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    In the end, even the people who refuse to listen to spoilers will get spoiled.
    YOU JUST CANNOT ESCAPE SPOILERS....

kainee and Fettcrom like this.
  17. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    When ROTJ hit theaters way back in 1983, while on the school bus in 5th grade, I asked some kids who had seen the film if it was true: WAS Darth Vader really Luke's father?!?!? Yes, they said, he was. And I asked them to tell me about the rest of the film, they did. I didn't know whether to believe them or not. When I saw the film, after waiting in line two hours outside the now-defunct theater in White Plains that is now a New York Sports Club, I was extremely disappointed to see they had told the exact truth. The only thrill that remained was that of seeing an unmasked Vader.

Biggest mistake I ever made. Avoided spoilers in the PT, and will keep it going now.

By the way, I refuse to call it a Sequel Trilogy at this time. Disney could make a prequel to the prequels, for all we know. ;)

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I was pretty spoiled for AOTC and ROTS. Found that it didn't alter my experience much-no matter what, seeing the movie is still incredible compared to reading spoilers in ten-point Times New Roman :p

kainee and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was spoiled rotten for III, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Mind you, I was only 13.

20. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I was 24. :p

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well I'll probably take a more casual approach. If I get spoiled, whatevs.

kainee, Fettcrom and DarthBoba like this.
  22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I was 18. Spoiled rotten and still blown away. :p

This time I'm not going to get spoiled at all if I can help it. Once I find out the cast, release date, and who the director is I'll be happy. :)

Julius Vernon likes this.
  23. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, even seeing the AOTC storyboards wasn't close to the same as actually seeing it in the movie.

24. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Im gonna be glued to Supershadow's site. He has all the best scoops [face_laugh]

25. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    As soon as we get a whiff of what the story entales, and who the main characters are, I will cease all activities that may further spoil my experience. It will be rough, but I will even try to avoid watching the trailers... WILL POWER!

Fettcrom likes this.