Discussion Obi-wan has spoiled himself, how embarrassing.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Lando's Little Maneuver, Dec 26, 2012.

?

Are you going to spoil yourself?

I'm already forming my team for a covert mission to steal the script. 16 vote(s) 26.7%
I'm just going to fly casually, and if I get spoiled so be it. 19 vote(s) 31.7%
The title, the trailers and the cast will do me fine. 16 vote(s) 26.7%
If any of you even say spoiler I'm going kill so many younglings. 9 vote(s) 15.0%
  1. Thomas Solo Jedi Master

star 1
    I say I'm going spoiler free, but no way can i go spoiler free.....sigh.
  2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll watch the trailers - there's no way I could ever have the self-discipline not to, but aside from that, I'm hoping to remain mostly spoiler free.
  3. appleseed Force Ghost

star 4
    I was spoiled for III, I just want cast and title for VII...and maybe the big spoiler if Luke were to die.
  4. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    We knew the main story in the PT, especially in ROTS. This time, we're much more in the dark. I think I'll avoid spoilers outside trailers, just to be more more surprised (Star Wars is big on twists, after all).
  5. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    I am surprised at how little so many care about getting spoiled. After all of the buildup, and 2 years of waiting (10 years since the last movie), you want to be spoiled and know what is coming when the moment to watch the movie finally comes? Wow. Not me.

I'll watch the trailers on TV, and want to know the cast/director (and maybe a few other minor details that don't give away the story, like special effects being used), but that is it. It is goodbye to this site 9-12 months before the movie.
    Last edited by Lee_, Dec 28, 2012
  6. WatTamborWoo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    For TPM I was almost completely spoiler free and blown away.
    For AOTC I knew almost everything and for ROTS tons of things. It did diminish the surprises because I knew what was coming next.
    BUT...those years between the films were a blast. Getting all the things coming out and speculating was fantastic. So I will spoil myself, it is part of Star Wars for me.
  7. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm gonna do the spoiler thing. It's going to be unavoidable with social media, tv, internet and everything else.
  8. JoeyArnold Jedi Knight

star 3
    i will see the movies no matter what and will be spoiled

i will not let any film reviews to tell me not to see the new star wars films. do not tell me what to do
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
    At first I thought the title for this thread was : "Obi-wan has soiled himself, how embarrassing."
    KED12345 likes this.
  10. mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    i was 9/10 and 12/13 when Episodes I and II came out but i read the books after i saw the movies. but for three i didn't spoiler it for me despite learning that the video game had cutscenes from the actual movie so i was like "nope don't wanna know" but as an adult, i'm still on the fence.
    Last edited by mattman8907, Dec 28, 2012
  11. mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  12. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Going to try to be only somewhat spoiled. It wasn't hard to be spoiled by the PT, especially ROTS, because it was obvious what had to happen. However, I think the ST will be much harder to figure out what's going on if we're given the same amount of material thrown at us (set pictures, webcam, etc) because we have no idea in the world what's going to happen other than it's the sequels to Return of the Jedi.
    Last edited by KED12345, Dec 29, 2012
  13. The Bops Jedi Master

star 1
    I was an addict for I and II. I went into Episode III relatively blind. I obviously knew the outcome and the cast, but that was all I wanted to know.

I intend to know very little about VII. Like many have said, I want to know the cast. That's about all I want to know going in. I want to see this knowing close to nothing, though I will watch the teasers and trailers.
  14. The Bops Jedi Master

star 1
    We had spoiler-free boards here for Episode III, I spent a lot of time there.
  15. Jedifirefly5 Jedi Master

star 2
    The real crux here is that Supershadow was given some validity. Has anyone bothered to check over the gloating?

:oops:[face_dunno][face_waiting]
  16. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Nah. Guy's not worth the time.
  17. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah well a lot of people who aren't worth the time *cough*adywan*cough* are given the time. At least Supershadow is funny.
  18. SlashMan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm gonna only go with what's offically being put out there (trailers, pics, clips). In a perfect world, I'd be spoiler-free, but I just don't have that kind of will power.

I completely spoiled ROTS by getting the comic adaption. But I was nevertheless amazed at the final film; simply knowing the plot (and seeing it unfold) couldn't compare to what was being shown.
    DarthBoba likes this.
  19. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Other than who will be acting in the movie, I don't want to get too much information.
  20. FryingpoorGreedo Jedi Master

star 1
    I'd say it'll be tough to get spoiled, I predict Indy 4 like secrecy on this film.
  21. IndyFan89 Jedi Master

star 1
    It's better to be spoiler free (if that even possible anymore) because it allows you to enjoy the film as an experience rather than have preconditioned thoughts.
  22. Darth Chiznuk Chosen One

star 5
    I'm gonna find the most remote forest in the world, hike to the direct center of it, dig a hole to sit in, place ear muffs over my ears, and scream at the top of my lungs for the last months before the release.
    JoeyArnold likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Both sides have their merits but I will be surprised if someone can go 100% spoiler free this though. Me I will know everything. I will be reading the novel before hand, watch the trailers, check out the soundtrack and look at any thread that catches my eye. Business as usual.
  24. kenobifan1999 Jedi Knight

star 1
    a bad SW movie? which one is that? I didnt think that was possible
  25. kenobifan1999 Jedi Knight

star 1
    on the topic, im going to quit the internet for SW E-7. lol but im quitting all SW forums before episode 7 comes out. because even if you avoid spoilers, your still bound to see them accidentally