main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Obi-Wan in Episode VII - Rumor

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TtheForceHurts, Aug 16, 2013.

1. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012

and Anakin for that matter...

Too much garlic, will ruin the sauce...

I think you can bring Vader back, or the Emperor, or Obi or Anakin or Boba or Yoda....

but you cant bring them all back... Gotta move the story forward.

maybe they could bring Elvis back to play at the Cantina

Immortiss and Grand_Moff_Jawa like this.
  2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Three films. Maybe you don't bring all the garlic back in the first sandwich, but you spread it out evenly across all three. :eek:

StoneRiver and Immortiss like this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Clearly you haven't had a good Italian pasta dish - the more garlic, the better ;)
    Also, triple posting? That might be a first.

klooney, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  4. Normal_Nerds

Normal_Nerds Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    Hi, new on the forum and I apologise if it's been mentioned already, but everyone seems to be going down the 'Force ghost' route for both Palpatine and Obi-Wan - what if they were featured in holocrons or some other educational tool for the new Jedi at Luke's academy?
    EU intact, no deaging of Force ghosts, but footage that they could provide that could give a 'learn from the past' element to Episode VII's NJO.

kainee, FRAGWAGON and Immortiss like this.
  5. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    I can't imagine many Jedi holocrons survived twenty years of the Empire, at least not those at the temple. Though in the 30 years since, I suppose someone could find rogue holocrons.

kainee and Immortiss like this.
  6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Don't see why they wouldn't survive. Palpatine may hate and despise the Jedi, but he's not stupid enough to destroy a potential source of information and knowledge about his enemies. My guess is that he would've kept them as a valuable resource, in case he ever required any information about the Jedi that is stored within those holocrons.
    After all, the Jedi kept Sith holocrons, despite all their dogmas. It would make perfect sense for Palpatine to want to do the same about his enemies.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    GoJohnnyGo (and anyone else who may have missed these reminders): Please use the EDIT function to add to your posts, instead of making multiple back-to-back posts (which are considered spamming).

8. Lord TW

Dec 25, 2012
    Fair point.

It is also possible that Yoda and Obi-Wan removed what they could from the temple, and maybe that serves as an impetus for Obi-Wan's appearance in the ST.

Of course, they'd have to explain holocrons. I foresee much exposition, similar to the horcruxes.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Obi-Wan and Yoda saving the holocrons could be an interesting development, indeed. It would make sense, since they were at the temple after Order 66 and I figure they'd try to save at least a thing or two.
    I don't think they'd require much explanation though, just a sentence or two that says more or less: "Here's this cube-thing where a Jedi Master stores his knowledge and it works like this."
    I figure that would be more than enough for those unfamiliar with the holocrons to understand what they do.

10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Indeed. TCW actually showed a Jedi holocron in action during one arc in which the bounty hunter Cad Bane steals a holocron from the Jedi Temple, and then later sets a trap to force Anakin to unlock the holocron (since only a Jedi can unlock one) so that he could claim its contents: a kyber memory crystal, which his client, Darth Sidious himself, desired for his own sinister purposes. Thus, we have actually seen a holocron onscreen before, which makes me hopeful that there may be a decent chance that we can see one or more in the ST. Whether or not Yoda and Obi-Wan actually retrieved any holocrons following the Temple raid during Order 66 might not matter so much since I believe Palpatine hoarded the holocrons for himself, perhaps to utilize their knowledge. I imagine that Luke and any future Jedi that he trains would have retrieved these stolen holocrons for their own use. It would indeed be nice to see a holocron being used to obtain knowledge, and maybe serve a greater plot purpose as well.

Immortiss, Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  11. Lord TW

Dec 25, 2012
    Most viewers won't know TCW, though. All I am suggesting is that the introduction will have to be careful, otherwise they risk the holocrons coming off as a déux ex machine or some other trick.

Perhaps the holocrons will be used as a MacGuffin...?!?! Merge the threads! Merge the threads!

12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, a holocron can easily be used as a catalyst that sets of a much larger conflict. Someone steals one (or more) and somewhere along the line we learn that there's more to this holocron than just a floaty image of an old Master teaching you how to move rocks around with your mind... something of galaxy-shattering proportions and...dunno, making this up as I go. You get the picture :p

kainee and FRAGWAGON like this.
  13. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    holocron = macguffin?????

EDIT: Just noticed Lord TW beat me to it

14. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Is it me or the whole "Force Ghost" thing has NOT been clearly explained in the OT and PT (most of its explanation from EPIII has been left on the cutting room floor).

Maybe we will learn in the ST that anyone that has learn to "cheat death" to retain their identity through The Force (ref. "I will become more powerful than you can ever imagine" Obi Wan) can interact with other Force sensitive individuals (Qui Gon in EpIII).

Maybe Force Ghosts will be the teachers of The Force in the ST.
    Probably Palpatine has also learned the trick.

That leaves it open for re-appearances from Obi, Palpy, Yoda, Ani and Co.

kainee, FinleySlade and Dra--- like this.
  15. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    MODified: Double Post

16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    WHY???????!?!?!?!??!??!??!??!??!??!?!?!

USE YOUR EDIT BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!!!!1!!!one!!!!1!!!!!

kainee, Dra---, Boba_Fat83 and 2 others like this.
  18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    For what it's worth, El Mayimbe and Latino Review nailed 2 scoops this week regarding major castings for the Marvel franchise.

19. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah,surprised me. Now makes me wonder if thier force ghost rumors are accurate.

kainee likes this.
  20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I am not giving that as proof of his accuracy with his Star Wars scoops. It is just something to consider when folks around here immediately dismissed him as a liar.

21. Lord TW

Dec 25, 2012
    Thanks for the credit. Sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Immortiss likes this.
  22. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    It's true....Marvel/Disney announced that these castings are official! .....right?

23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Officially? Nope. However, it has been confirmed by enough sources that I buy into it.

24. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I loved the Laurence Olivier appearance in Sky Captain. That would be cool for old Sir Alec (may he rest in peace).

Immortiss and Count Yubnub like this.
  25. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    Latino-Review has been spot on with many of their predictions over the past ~10 years or so..