1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Rebels Obi-Wan in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Darth Downunder, May 4, 2014.

1. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 6
    Seeing some of the OT characters getting animated is like watching family members go in for an operation.
  2. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 9
    It depends. I enjoyed The Lego Movie.
  3. Sixes Jedi Knight

star 2
  4. Darth_Accipiter Jedi Knight

star 3
    ok, didn't know James had a youtube channel. Did some browsing on it, found this gem:

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. SuperSecretMuffin Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know why, but when an actor or someone similar just sorta casually owns a YouTube channel, without it trying to plug something is whatever, I really appreciate it.
  6. Welsh Hero Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I agree with JAT. Obi wan sees Luke (and Leia, but she has no one to train her) as the last hope for the galaxy. He is not about ot leave him.

He may not even know about any surviving jedi. But he would know of any other hopes if he meets kanan and ezra

Save Obi Wan's adventures for the Journal of obi wan kenobi issues of the comics
    Last edited by Welsh Hero, May 15, 2016
  7. darklighter99 Jedi Master

star 4
    True. Obi-wan has nothing to do on Rebels, he has a job to do, there is no reason for him to be involved in the rebellion. He has no role to play in Ezra's story.
  8. ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Master

star 4
    I completely 100% agree with JAT too, Obi-Wans place is on Tatooine, and nowhere else, but watching Luke. He's a great character, but I want it to remain true to the spirit of the movies, weather it is in a spin off, comic, or rebels, I think Obi-Wans place is on Tatooine watching Luke, period.
    MandoArtist likes this.
  9. jakobitis89 Jedi Master

star 4
    Quite apart from anything else, the dude has been through a pretty rough patch. Maul comes back again (and again, and again), kills Obi-Wan's One True Love, gets away. He has to train the Chosen One who is let's face a challenging pupil. Chosen One then turns to evil and kills a bunch of kids, and tries to kill Obi. Obi-Wan then dismembers and (he thinks) kills said Chosen One, who is also the best friend he ever had. Oh yes, and everything he lived for was wiped out by some wrinkly scrotum faced Sith who had been operating right under his nose for decades. Frankly the dude can't be blamed if he decides that enough is enough, he's too old for this ****.
    AshiusX and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  10. Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Knight

star 1
    In absolutely no way, shape, or form, should Obi-Wan appear on Rebels. Any contact with the Rebellion, even in the most minute manner, contradicts the ANH. Any contact with Kanan and/or Ezra goes against Luke being the last hope. The only way around that would be for both Kanan and Ezra to die. Helping the Rebellion, contradicts Leia's message to Obi-Wan trying to get him to come help the Rebellion. Any contact with Vader completely contradicts Obi-Wan and Vader's dialogue during their duel on the Death Star. Basically, Obi-Wan needs to be left as a hermit watching over Luke from a distance. End of Story. Rebels has already made a mockery of the PT shows/movies by running virtually every popular character out there. Stop with the cameos. Stop taking characters who have no business being in Rebels and making them central figures. If Rebels was good, they wouldn't need all the cameos to keep drawing interest and excitement for the show.
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  11. MandoArtist Jedi Knight

star 4
    Well, thankfully Rebels is good.
    SuperSecretMuffin likes this.