main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Master's Stone (Response to the Missing Scene Roulette Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Fifilla, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Title: Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Master?s Stone
    Author: Fifilla
    Summary: Obi-Wan?s first day as Qui-Gon?s Padawan
    Notes: Response to the Missing Scene Roulette Challenge ? Part 2
    English is not my native language so please forgive me my mistakes!
    Thanks to my Master Valairy_Scot for betaing and for her help and support. [:D]
    Disclaimer: I unfortunately do not own anything of SW, it all belongs to Lucasfilm and George Lucas. The whole Harry Potter idea as well as Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and Dudley belong to Joanne K. Rowling. Some phrases or parts of phrases in my story are directly quoted from her book ?Harry Potter and the Philosopher?s stone? (I marked the quotes in italic). Oh, and I know that non-magical people are called Muggles ? but I didn?t want to use that term so I changed it a little bit. :p

Scene #3 (Before the Saga):
    Obi-Wan?s first day as Qui-Gon?s Padawan
    (You should have read ?Harry Potter and the Philosopher?s Stone? to understand what?s going on.)

Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Master?s Stone

Somewhere in the Outer Rim, on a planet light-years from anywhere, there was a little island in the middle of a dark and troubled sea. The island was just big enough to harbor a small and warped cottage.

Just a few hours ago four persons had found shelter from the growing storm inside the cottage.

The night came and the storm outside increased.

Once more, Obi-Wan Kenobi was forced to sleep on the hard and cold floor. His aunt and uncle had taken the only bed in the house; they were both sound asleep next door. Obi-Wan could hear Uncle Vernon?s snoring through the closed door; it even drowned out the noises that came from the sofa beside him.

His cousin Dudley lay there already sleeping, while Obi-Wan tried to find a more comfortable position on the floor.

Obi-Wan shivered in the cold air.

He could now see Dudley?s watch ? it was only a few minutes until midnight. His thirteenth birthday came closer and closer.

First the minutes and then the seconds passed by and Obi-Wan wondered if his relatives even knew that it was his birthday the upcoming day.

Exactly the second when Dudley?s watch showed the beginning of a new day, there was a loud knocking on the door.

BANG.

Obi-Wan sat up cautiously and observed the door. There was definitely someone outside in the rain. He wondered who it might be, in the middle of the night and during such a heavy storm.

BANG.

The second knock was so loud that everyone in the house instantly woke up. Uncle Vernon came running into the room, Aunt Petunia hot on his trail.

Before anyone could go and look who was outside, there was a loud crack and the whole door crashed on the floor.

A giant of a man was standing in the doorway. He wore a long brown robe with a hood. He raised his hands and removed the hood that had covered his features. His face was almost completely hidden by a long, shaggy mane of hair and a wild, tangled beard. His nose looked as if it had been broken more than once.

The giant stepped inside the room and with a little twist of his right hand the door ascended from the floor and flew straight back into its original position.

He turned around and curiously watched the four people who were looking at him with totally different expressions.

Then he said in a deep and rumbling voice, ?It would be nice if you could offer me some tea, if you don?t mind. It?s not very comfortable to travel in these weather conditions.?

When there was no reaction either from Vernon or from Petunia ? Dudley had long gone hiding behind his parents ? the giant frowned and turned towards Obi-Wan.

?And you are Obi-Wan, aren?t you?? he said friendly. ?The last time I saw you, you were only a baby.?

Uncle Vernon, who had obviously lost his voice for a short time, stepped forward and shouted furiously, ?Get out! Get out, you? you? yo

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW that was an amazing response!!

I can't blame Obi-Wan's aunt and uncle for wanting to protect him.

It's just too bad they didn't allow him to make the decision and then support it.

Loved Qui-Gon's arrival.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I loved the parallels between Harry Potter and the Jedi I like this version better.

Well done.=D=

4. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    This was so cool! :cool: Great job with this!

5. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    [face_laugh]

ROFL - this was BRILLIANT! *wipes tears of laughter from her eyes*

=D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved those parallels between Obi-Wan and Harry

Nice response

7. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    Very Nice response. I had to laugh because I started reading the series (over) and had just read this part of the book last night and then saw this this morning. Loved the Qui-Gon - Hagrid parallel.[face_laugh]

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    As much as I loved all the story, somehow:

JEDI TEMPLE, CORUSCANT

Head of Council: Master Yoda

Dear Mr. Kenobi;
    Herewith we inform you that you will be educated in all ways of the Force at the Jedi temple in Coruscant.
    You will be assigned as Padawan to Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Yours faithfully,
    Mace Windu
    Council Member

Great balls of fire...that's hilarious - "Dear Mr. Kenobi." Priceless.

9. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    KELIA:
    [face_blush] Thanks for reading and for your nice reply!

Gkilkenny:
    Thank you so much! :)

jedidas3:
    Thank you ? I?m glad you enjoyed it!

Qui-Gina-Jinn:
    That?s exactly the reaction I was hoping for :D
    Thanks a lot!

earlybird-obi-wan:
    The idea for the story just popped up in my mind ? thanks for reading!

azizah:
    I?m glad you liked the Qui-Gon / Hagrid thing :D
    Thanks for reading!

Valairy_Scot:
    I?m glad you think it's funny :D ? that was the idea behind the story.

10. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I enjoyed this alot, you made some really good connections between Star Wars and Harry Potter :) I liked the link between Qui-Gon and Hagred and the whole family thing with Harry brought up by his the uncle and aunt. And it was funny as well so good work :D

11. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Excellent response to this challenge. I really like this idea of Obi-Wan being like Harry Potter. =D=

12. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    Mousie:
    Thank you! It was meant to be funny, so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

RX_Sith:
    Thanks a lot!
    I think the whole Obi-Wan = Harry Potter idea could be a plot bunny for a bigger story.

13. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    This was great!=D= I enjoyed this a lot.

14. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    MarasFire:
    Thanks for reading - I'm glad you liked it :)

15. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Buggles and Darth I-Can't-Say-His-Name, or 'whatever your bad guy's name is'. [face_laugh] Very funny! What a nice blending of the two beginnings. :D

16. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    ardavenport:
    Thanks for reading!
    I'm glad you think it's funny - that was my intention :)

17. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    That one nice crossover! I half expected Qui-Gon to speak with a scottish accent ;) Good scene, well done :)

18. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    yodas_waiter:
    That one nice crossover! I half expected Qui-Gon to speak with a scottish accent ;) Good scene, well done :)
    Thanks for reading, I'm glad you liked it! :)
    Qui-Gon with a scottish accent [face_laugh] ... great idea. I should have done that!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.