main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Obi Wan Kenobi had a child?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MrCody, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    He knocked up a sandwoman

TKT, The Hellhammer and Gallandro like this.
  3. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Just so long as it wasn't Jira. That would have been so... wrong. Wait I've got it!!!!

KITSTER'S SISTER!!!!

Immortiss and LunarMoth like this.
  4. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

I've seen that film

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    God, this is so dumb. Let me guess, Han has a gay brother, too?

6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i'm going with midichlorians. african american midichlorians

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    He probably got drunk one night in Anchorhead, one thing led to another, you know how it is. A Jedi mind trick later & he's getting some sweet action on a sand dune.

8. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Who sings the the Corellian Men's Glee Club... They will be introducing big musical numbers in the next film... Going to be awesome!

9. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    If they are going mixed race or black specifically I'd assume there is a reason for it. By that I mean maybe they have an actor/actress in mind that could be her father/mother/grandmother. I do think it'd be cool to have a person of color as one of the next gen's "Big Three".

10. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Well, living in the Jundland Wastes can't be a whole lot fun...

11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    what would be cool is if obi-wan's daughter could act

12. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

Well that goes without saying I think. For every role.

13. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I'm not sure why it's so silly that Obi-Wan would have a child. Granted, this is just a rumor, but humans tend to reproduce.

14. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

Also he could have just as easily taken care of an orphaned child as his own. But even if he did conceive her himself, no big deal. The jedi were destroyed and people lose their way. It's not unreasonable that he found comfort with someone between ROTS and ANH.

15. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    I can just see it now--

Obi-Wan after slipping into reclusion, a half a lifetime's worth of aloof abstinence and sexual repression; steps into the Mos Eisley cantina with a certain stride about him; eye-ing the local "talent"; muttering under his breath in a suitably Alec Guiness sort of way: "Oh I do think I should give this a try"...

StoneRiver and The Hellhammer like this.
  16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I will continue with my ludicrous approach of not getting worked up about unconfirmed vague rumors and jumping to conclusions.

Even if true, I've got no trouble with Obi-Wan having a child.

Dra---, run_luke_run and EHT like this.
  17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Me, the Master Jedi? Here? In a student-nurses hall of residence? At three o'clock in the morning? With my reputation? Has no-one thought of the consequences?

StoneRiver likes this.
  18. nitflegal

nitflegal Jedi Master star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    That seems a remarkably silly way to try and get some desperately needed ethnic diversity in the cast. Unfortunately for that, the main characters that Lucas cast are all white. That said, how hard would it be to introduce a wife/husband/commander to the Skywalker children to organically get such a shake-up in place. Or heck, have the main characters in sum or total not be blood relations to the Skywalkers? If Kenobi had a child, the most obvious would be with Satine before her death but, in general, its dumb. Had Kenobi that in his past before Anakin fell it would have made it pathetic that Anakin never knew as his best friend. If it was after than either we get a convoluted explanation for Kenobi to either not know (which is why it has never been mentioned ever) he had a kid or he just bailed on her. Hopefully, its all just a rumor.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  19. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I REALLY hope this one is a rumor. It would completely destroy Obi-Wan's 'by-the-book' approach to the Jedi Code. It was bad enough giving him an 'old flame' in Satine. Him having a kid would take his character down a notch and make him look like an even bigger hypocrite.

Honestly I think the rumor is bogus, but don't see any reason for the casting call to be wrong. As long as it's an interesting character and she can act...hey, the more, the merrier.

JediGirl_Angelina and LunarMoth like this.
  20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    as i've said elsewhere on these boards. obi-wan is not a saint, he's a human. he has shown human foibles (in movie canon) that deviate from jedi code. disregarding this because it doesn't support an opinion weakens that opinion

21. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    I have visions of either Alec Guiness on an ageing McGregor chatting up some broad in the Mos Eisley Cantina

"hey, wanna see my lightsaber? it's custom made"

or

"ever heard of the clone wars? I was a General you know, yup I've seen a lot of action across this galaxy"

or

"hey, you must be from one of the moons of Iego, you've got "most beautiful creature in the universe" written ALLLL over you"

or

"get your Tunick, you've pulled"

oh Obi, you old smoothie

22. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    This seems kinda dumb but it's not too crazy to think Obi-wan-in-exile could have had a relationship. I don't see Obi as a one-night-stand kinda person. And with the jedi order 'dead' i can see him re-evaluating some of it's stupider rules, like the no attachments thing. If they had the child conceived earlier, THAT would be really dumb.

Though really, this is a baseless rumor and is in all likelihood untrue.

23. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Well, there was an awful lot of time to kill when they were stranded on Tatooine in E1 and Obi-Wan remained behind with the ship... and the handmaidens look so delicious....

24. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I don't really see a big problem with this. The Jedi order was destroyed, so Obi-Wan had no reason to follow their rules anymore (and, let's face it, those rules were pretty screwed up anyway.) I doubt he spent 20 years sitting in hit hut on Tatooine by himself, just occasionally peeking through the window to see if Luke was being attacked by tusken raiders. He was a young guy...young guys do things... those things occasionally lead to children being born.
    The question, though, would be whether or not Obi-Wan KNEW that he had a child. I could easily see a situation where the mother didn't approve of Obi-Wan's hermit lifestyle, or, perhaps, feared that it was dangerous to stay with him since he was a Jedi (and therefore a target of the empire), and so she might have fled for her (and her child's) safety.

25. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    Republic credits and Jedi-mind tricks does not a child support pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.