main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Idiot Man-child or Subtle Genius?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Quixotic-Sith, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Oh, I definitely don't think Vader knows about Luke. My thinking is that he knows Padme is pregnant but thinks that she and the unborn child are both killed, and this is why he turns. Once he hears the name of the pilot who destroyed the Death Star (after noticing how strong in the Force he is), he realizes that Padme gave birth before she died--and becomes obsessed with finding Luke.

2. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Why don't you think he knows about Luke?

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Theoden IS the man.

Uh...right. SW forum.

I just think that Anakin, in both the PT and the OT, has such an attachment (i.e., obsession) with his family members that if he knew he had children that were still alive somewhere in the GFFA, he would tear the galaxy apart to find them.

As shown in ESB and ROTJ - as soon as he becomes aware of Luke, he becomes Vader's single focal point.

To me, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Anakin to say to Obi-Wan "go, take my child" and to leave that child alone for 20 years.

4. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Wouldn't that mean that Padme would have to hide her pregnancy from him? If he were that obsessed, she'd have to go into hiding the moment she began to show.

And you think he'd be able to tell if she were lying or hiding something from him. Wouldn't he suspect something?

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, unless Padme dies, and Anakin thinks the child died with her - judging by Vader's comments in ROTJ, he had no idea of Leia's relationship to Luke, so we have to assume that Anakin knew she was pregnant, but not with twins.

6. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Whoah, ok. Anikan sees Padme die... and thinks the child she's pregnant with dies with her. Obi-Wan takes Padmes corpse and sees to it that the children are born, alive and well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.