main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Initiate (An add-to-it story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker_Vader2be, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvqui-gon_gurl

luvqui-gon_gurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    This is coming along well! :)

2. Skywalker_Vader2be

Skywalker_Vader2be Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    Yeah, I know!

3. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Is it okay for me to add on? If not, just ignore this response. BTW, I am enjoying the story so far. :)

Qui-Gon smiled as he walked down the temple halls. He had just left a very excited Obi-wan with the promise of a light sparring match during their next light saber practice. He tries to be serious but he really cannot help showing his excitement. Was I ever that young? Qui-Gon quietly chuckled to himself.

"A laughing Jedi Master in the padawan's area? You are going to ruin the reputation we have amongst the young ones," Qui-gon's friend and fellow Master Tahl teased.

"Ahh, Tahl. I did not see you."

"Yeah, I hate it when the Force stops working for me too and I cannot notice when another Jedi is two feet away from me," Tahl shook her head.

Slightly embarassed, Qui-Gon did not know whether to try and explain how he had finally found a padawan who brought him joy or whether to just escape before Tahl could cause him more embarassment. He was about to choose the latter when the hallway disappeared.

Tahl disappeared and Qui-Gon was suddenly looking at a young man who looked slightly familiar. The boy turned toward Qui-Gon and the Jedi Master was shocked at the hate that filled the boy's eyes. "I will not follow you. For so long you have led me astray, you have prevented me from being a true powerful Jedi!" Qui-Gon gasped as he recognized the boy's voice: it was an older Obi-Wan. Is this a vision of the future? Qui-Gon desperately asked himself. Would that five-year old padawan follow Xanatos and leave me?

"Qui-Gon, what is wrong?" Tahl's concerned voice broke through Qui-Gon's vision.

"I ... it was a vision."

"Of what?"

Qui-Gon shook his head. "Of something that could never be."

Tahl watched as her friend walked away, down the hall. The joy and laughter she had seen on his face was gone, replaced by worry and even... fear.

4. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    OMG, you so are gonna be a great author 1 day!

5. luvqui-gon_gurl

Jul 28, 2003
    ditto that! :)

6. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    Someone wanna post? I need some great authors to start me off.

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Here. I'm trying my hand at it.

-----------------------------
    Obi-Wan watched as Master Qui-Gon left the training room, and then went over to his friend to share the good news. He was fairly bouncing with delight. What a wonderful day this was.

"Garen, Garen, I can't believe it. I'm one happy Padawan trainee." He started jumping around, unable to contain his excitement.

"Obi-Wan, stand still. You're making me dizzy. So tell me! What did Master Jinn say to you?" Garen was eager to hear what secrets the Master and Padawan had shared.

The young boy stopped, a huge grin on his face, and leaned in. Whispering in a loud, excited voice, he told Garen, "Master Jinn is going to teach me some lightsaber moves next time I see him."

Obi-Wan was nearly jumping out of his skin with happiness. "And he promised that we would...spar. Can you believe it? Me and Master Qui-Gon."

Garen's eyes flew wide at the news. Then he looked at his friend, and frowned a bit. "But, Obi....he's the best saber fighter in the whole Order. I mean, are you sure?"

Obi-Wan nodded eagerly. "He promised. And he's going to let me call him Master."

"Wow. You are so lucky. " Garen's face lit in delight. "I only hope that I'll get to spar with a Master someday."

"You will, Garen. I just know it." Obi-Wan started bouncing again. "I'm so lucky. I'm the Padawan of Master Qui-Gon Jinn."

8. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    Garen laughed. "Right you are, pal...I mean, Padawan Kenobi."

Obi-Wan chuckled. "You'll be a great initiate, just like me."

9. Jedi_Silver

Jedi_Silver Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    WOW this is a really intersting story...
    I love the way its going so far

mabey I'll add some when I have sometime :)

10. Jedi_Silver

Jedi_Silver Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Up with this anyone care to add anything?

I can't think of anything good at the moment.....

11. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    I'll give it a try

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon paused in the door of the training room, watching young Kenobi bounceing around and laughing with his friend, Garen.

Can such a happy child REALLY do what Xanatos did? he wondered, still disturbed by the vision he'd had.

He shook his head.

No. There is too much good in him.

"That's what you thought about Xanatos."

Qui-Gon started and looked around. The voice had sounded like it had come from right next to him, but there was no one there. He shook himself mentally. Suddenly, this whole 'tranie-Padawan' thing did not seem like a good idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan looked up to see Master Jinn watching him and Garen. He wondered what the Master wanted. Qui-Gon seemed lost in thought. He was just about to walk (or rather, bounce) over to see what Qui-Gon wanted when the Master just turned and left the training room. He looked back at Garen. Garen looked confused.

"What was that all about?" he asked

12. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    Obi-Wan shrugged. "I don't know. He seemed rather...well, unhappy."

Garen gave him a knowing look and patted his friend on the back. "Let's just hope he isn't being upset about the Padawan-trainee issue."

Obi-Wan looked over to where Qui-Gon had disappeared. "Yeah..."

13. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    Qui-Gon knocked lightly on Tahl's door.

"Who is it?" came her call.

"It's Qui-Gon."

Tahl activated the door for him and he strode in, seating himself on the sleep-couch beside her. She looked at him. "What is it? Little Kenobi again?"

He sighed. "Yes...he keeps reminding me of Xanatos when he was young. Cheerful, and bouncy."

She took his hand and patted it. "Don't fret about little things, Qui-Gon. You're not really taking him as a real Padawan. He's just a trainee soon to be under your care for a month maximum." He looked up to her soft gaze. "Think about it. It'll be good for Obi-Wan at least. And," she added mischievously, "I'm sure your kindness would not allow you to dump Obi-Wan of his training."

Qui-Gon grinned. Tahl always made him feel better. "Oh? How do you know?"

"It's simple," she replied with a peaceful chuckle. "I know you too well."

14. luvqui-gon_gurl

Jul 28, 2003
    Skywalker_Vader2be, you're such an awesome writer! You even gave a subtle hint of romance in the conversation between Qui-Gon and Tahl!!! (Or at least I think so. Hmmm, I definitely have issues.) :D

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Dinner was usually a solemn matter, carried out in silence in the Temple's refectory. Qui-Gon appreciated the time each day apportioned to meditate and refresh himself, to refocus his energies for what lie ahead.

But tonight, he needed a distraction and his new Padawan-trainee provided the perfect excuse.

"It's your first night as a Padawan," he said lightly, with more cheer than he could manage to muster, "so I thought I'd show you where the Knights like to eat."

Obi-Wan had been playing with a glass chart that a friend on Alderaan had given to his Master and it fell, unnoticed from his hands. Qui-Gon, after a long day of tripping on bootlaces and knocking over holocubes, had his reflexes honed to precision and summoned it to his hand before it even hit the ground.

As if nothing had happened, Obi-Wan continued to stare at him, a look of sheer joy passed over his features. "You mean we don't have to eat Temple-gruel until we're as old as Master Yoda?"

Despite his previous anxiety and his current preoccupation, Qui-Gon managed a genuine laugh at the astonishment.

"Of course not," he assured his young charged, "and there's one place that the Jedi have been visiting since it opened--the 23rd Hour."
    It was a favorite restaurant of the Jedi Order, a small establishment near the Ministry of Defense that was hardly conspicuous with its sandstone walls and windows that could not be seen through. But inside, there were a dozen tables, with the windows letting in streams of sunlight. It always smelled of sianflowers and cinne and was bustling with a crowd of Knights who didn't bother with duty as long as they could swap stories and relate their latest missions.

Qui-Gon loved the place for the comfortable atmosphere, for the simple food and amiable servers. Obi-Wan was far past loving it.

If there were something like heaven, he would have believed he'd arrived there.

"Over here," Qui-Gon suggested, pointing to a smaller table tucked into the corner. "You can see all the way to the Senate from here."

Predictably, Obi-Wan scrambled to look. Nine, a vertically-challenged Corellian with thick blond hair twisted into a bun at her neck, announced her arrival with a loud crack of her stimgum.

"Anything to drink, young sirs? Yoda Soda? Qui-Gon Gin?"

Obi-Wan giggled, still staring out the window. "A Yoda Soda."

"Padawan," Qui-Gon chided.

There was an impatient sigh. "May I please have a Yoda Soda?"

Nine exchanged a grin with Qui-Gon. "You certainly may. And for..."

"The same, please," he interrupted.

She glanced over at Obi-Wan, grinning at his enraptured expression. "You're taking them younger every day, Jinn," she teased. "He's even younger than Xanatos."

He forced his smile to remain in place, but Obi-Wan must have felt something because he turned to gape at Qui-Gon.

"Obi-Wan is one of my students," he explained, beckoning him forward. "I am teaching him what it is like to be an Apprentice."

"So, you had to take him to the best place on Coruscant," she laughed.

Squatting awkwardly in her three-inch heels, she clasped Obi-Wan's hand. "Obi-Wan, I'm Nine. If he gives you any trouble, I'll bring you another drink to pour on his head."

"Don't encourage him!"

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    anyone out there? Whoa, did I stink that badly?! ;)

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    No, it was cute. I especially liked the Yoda soda and the Qui-Gon Gin. I've had Yoda soda - it's pretty bad but I guess it all depends upon your point of view.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    lol. I'm no good at writing five-year-olds. I did this as a challenge to myself.

19. luvqui-gon_gurl

Jul 28, 2003
    Haha, those Yoda Soda and that Qui-Gon Gin ideas are absolutely funny! :D

20. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    My first try at this

Nine returned with the drinks and set them in front of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

"Thank you," Obi-Wan said happily.

She smiled. "I'll be back in a bit to take your orders," she said, turning to get another table their drinks.

Qui-Gon looked at Obi-Wan. So young, so innocent. As was Xanatos, he thought, then brushing the thought away with the image of the Padawan-trainee in front of him. "So," he asked, "what would you like to eat? Some dewback ribs or something more exotic, like a steak?"

Obi-Wan's mouth watered at the names. "I think I'll try a steak, Master," he said, testing out the name. It sounded good to his ears.

"All right," Qui-Gon said. "I'll have the same. I'll also have you do the ordering."

"Me?"

"Yes, you, Padawan," Qui-Gon said. Obi-Wan liked the sound of that too. Padawan, he thought. And Master Jinn's Padawan as well!

Nine walked back to their table. "So, what would you two sirs like?"

Obi-Wan smiled shyly. "Master and I would each like a steak, please."

She laughed, reached down and ruffled Obi-Wan's hair. "Very well. I'll go get you some." She flounced off to the kitchen.

"You did well, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said. "Very polite. Remember that a Jedi should be kind and accepting of any race of people."

"Yes, Master." Obi-Wan bobbed his head up and down, up and down. He smiled, bringing painful memories to Qui-Gon of Xanatos and the fun they'd had before he'd fallen.

Well? How did I do?

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww...that was so cute. Here's more.
    I don't think I was ever like this, Qui-Gon mused. Pity.

Obi-Wan had hardly stopped for breath since he began talking. He chattered on about everything from Master Yoda to speeders he'd seen outside the Temple viewports. When the food came, he stopped for a quick "thanks!" to Nine, then continued without thinking. Qui-Gon simply listened with a grin while cutting the steak into more appropriate portions, interjecting comments where appropriate, but wholeheartedly caught up in the enthusiasm of a child on his first excursion from the Temple.

"And the T-20s," he was sighing, hands clenched. "I saw five of them on the way here and they only came out a month ago!"

He'll make a natural diplomat, he observed. He can talk to anyone about anything.

"That's 'coz it's so fun to talk," Obi-Wan said absentmindedly.

Caught off guard, he blinked. "Were you eavesdropping?" he inquired, no chastisement in his voice, only mild curiosity.

"I didn't drop any e's," Obi-Wan protested around a bite of steak. "I just heard what you thought."

Suddenly uncomfortable under Qui-Gon's gaze, he looked at his hands. "I didn't mean to..."

His voice was so small, so penitent that Qui-Gon had to laugh. "It's all right," he soothed. "I wasn't thinking very quietly anyway."

A few hours with this boy and he had the ability to touch his mind the way an apprentice of a few more summers would.

Curious.

Ten minutes later, Nine returned. "Anything else for our brave Jedi?"

Qui-Gon screwed up his face in mock concentration. "I think that to make us even braver, we're going to need..."

"Rootlum floats," they both pronounced at the same time.

Nine tossed a wink at Qui-Gon, turning to scurry back. "As the Master commands," she grinned.

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Want to know something scary? I write Obi-Wan based on my fiance's level of energy. He's got the excitement of a 5-year-old and the brain of a 50-year-old. Kinda cute.

And the dropping e's (eaves) thing was from Lord of the Rings if no one caught it.

23. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Well, that's really sad, from a certain point of view. So did you really like it?

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I liked it. Anyone else?

25. PadawanofNogiuq

PadawanofNogiuq Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    Hmm.... If think of something I do, post it I will. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.