main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Initiate (An add-to-it story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker_Vader2be, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanofNogiuq

PadawanofNogiuq Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    Hmm.... If think of something I do, post it I will. :)

2. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    Double-posts...i hate them.

3. Skywalker_Vader2be

Skywalker_Vader2be Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    My brain is wrecked today. :( I CAN'T THINK!!!

Can someone else please post?!

4. PadawanofNogiuq

PadawanofNogiuq Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    Obi-Wan sat in the room of the Thousand Fountains on a bench near the waterfall with a piece of paper on his lap and a quill in his hand tapping his chin thoughtfully. His assignment from asrto physics was Write about how you think of your Master. Hmmm.... let's see....Obi-Wan thought as he tapped his chin. There's a number of things I could write about my Master.... oh dear.... Then a thought struck him. That's it!! That's what I will write!!

My Master is technically my father for the next few years. I found that out one day when I had worked very hard to pass the first level of astro physics. I was so excited to share the news with my Master. I found him in his room on his knees doing something I hadn't seen him do in a long time: he was praying.

"And watch over Obi-Wan when I cannot. Amen."

When he opened his eyes I felt guilty like I had intruded on my Masters privacy. But it was too late to run out the door: he had seen me.

"Obi-Wan," he greeted me rising from the floor. "I didn't hear you come in."

"Is this a bad time? Am I interupting something?"

"No, of course not Padawan. You want to tell me something?"

"I completed the first level of astro physics." I told him fingering my tunic. "Are you sure I'm not interupting anything?"

Qui-Gon Jinn smiled and placed a broad, callosed hand on my shoulder. "You would never interupt anything Obi-Wan. For the next few years my Padawan I will technically be your father and parents always put their children first. That is why parents pray for their children and that is why I was praying for you." He ruffed up my hair. "Now I am going to take you to dinner in celebration of your victory as a father would do. Come Padawan."

And in my head always him saying that be and that is how I think of my Master.

Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Obi-Wan set down his quill, smiled and thought fondly: I look forward to it.... father.

Well how do you like that ?[face_plain]

5. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    It's awesome!

Qui-Gon Jinn frowned at the piece of paper given to him by Master Yoda. "Write a diary-form account of your future Padawan? How am I supposed to do that?" he muttered to himself. "Is this some kind of joke?"

He picked up his pen anyway and started to write, scratching his bearded chin.

My new Padawan is a bouncy, cheerful boy by the name of Obi-Wan Kenobi. He seems to be always happy but at times I can see signs of worry on his face. Sometimes I would leave him to figure his emotions out by himself. At other times I would help him out by giving out hints. Then my Padawan would go back to being the active and cheerful young man I know. I wonder...are all boys like that? Is this why Xanatos turned to the dark side, just because I was too strict to him?

Qui-Gon stopped writing, sick at heart with the memory of Xanatos. Maybe it had been his problem all along...

6. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
  7. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Qui-Gon-Jinn became conscience stricken at his failure.

He had always been somewhat of a maverick Jedi, due to his intimately close contact with the Living Force.

...but maybe the other Jedi had been right about many things....

....perhaps........

With sad thoughts he left the room, and walked through a corridor.

There he met a young Padawan named Kit Fisto. The green Nautolan stared at Qui-Gon with his large black unblinking eyes. Then he gave him a grin and ran off.

Seeing the Padawan, Qui-Gon's thoughts strayed back to Obi Wan.

The Jedi continued walking through the Jedi Temple.

8. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    Obi-Wan scratched his chin with his quill. What is the name of that moon currently in war with the planet Xyber? How am I supposed to know?

The young Padawan was writing a Galaxy Society class test. And the questions weren't easy. Right now, he wanted his "Master"'s comfort. Every night, Qui-Gon would come over to the nursery and tell the boy a story to put him to sleep, while stroking his hair. Just as Kenobi was about to fall asleep, his Galaxy Society teacher, Professor Link, shouted that it was time to put away their quills and ink. Using the Force, Professor Link called the papers to the table. Obi-Wan sighed. Thinking back, he didn't even do all of the questions - he skipped ten or twelve. Oh well, he thought. At least my Arithmancy is good. That'll make up for my bad Galaxy Society grade.

The boy stuffed all his materials into his cloth bag and went for the door. He could hear his fellow classmates discussing what they'd put down on the exam. Obi-Wan closed his ears and walked through the door...straight into Qui-Gon Jinn.

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This is getting good. More introspection and great thoughts on their relationship.

10. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    Qui-Gon waited impatiently for Obi-Wan to get out of the Galaxy Society classroom, when the boy ran right into his legs. The Jedi Master looked down. Obi-Wan had fallen to the fall from the impact. Shaking himself, Kenobi picked himself up and looked at Qui-Gon's towering figure. "Hi, Master."

Qui-Gon could not help but smile. The boy was so cute at times and this was one moment. "Are you all right?"

Obi-Wan nodded. "I think so." He still hadn't yet lost his boyish voice, the five-year-old. He pronounces "think" as "fink", Qui-Gon noted.

"How was the test?"

"Scare-wy." Obi-Wan shivered, then wrapped his arms around one of his Master's legs. "Very scare-wy."

Qui-Gon chuckled and patted the boy on the head. Kenobi was so miniture next to him that the Jedi Master had to lean down to pat Obi-Wan. A few Senior padawans looked over and smiled at the adorable scene. Qui-Gon Jinn immediately knew that the boy was meant to be his Padawan.

11. luvqui-gon_gurl

luvqui-gon_gurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
  12. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    How adorable!!!! :D

Obi-Wan proudly showed his Master the results for his astro physics assignment.

Qui-Gon smiled as he read the report. "Good job Padawan."

"Does that mean I can take Vidagel out to dinner tonight?!?" Obi-Wan asked excitedly.

"Yes and further more I won't tell Yoda about it."

Obi-Wan jumped up and down. "Yehaw!!!! Thank you so much Master!!!!" He hugged an astonished Qui-Gon and danced out of the room.

Qui-Gon stood there for a minute. Was I, he mused as a smile spread across his normally passive face, ever like that when I was younger?

How is that ?[face_plain]

13. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    That's good. When I think of more, I shall add to it.

14. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Qui-Gon Jinn stood thinking a bit, as he saw Obi-wan leave... Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.

....his thoughts then moved to the troubles of the galaxy............

....not just the corruption within the Republic......other troubles

.....the Living Force told him this...

And he was sad, somewhat angry that none of the other Jedi sensed the presence of the One far off.......

....very far off,in the Future......

....but still there.

The One who had to bring Balance to the Force.

Qui-Gon stood motionless for a moment, deep in thoughts about the Revelation through the Force.

Then the Jedi remembered what his Master, Count Dooku used to tell him when he was a Padawan?

?Don?t centre on your anxiety, young Qui-Gon??. Be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the present??..Keep your concentration on the here and now??.. Take heed of the Living Force.?

Qui-Gon walked out of the room, and went to play a game of Sabacc with Mace Windu.

15. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    *bump*

Qui-Gon stopped half way to Mace Windu's appartment and changed his mind and changed diricetion.... heading to Tahl's appartment.

Tahl was sitting cross-legged on the floor, eyes narrowed to slits, hands resting on her knees. "Come in Qui-Gon," she said without opening her eyes.

"Hello Tahl." Qui-Gon said grinning.

Tahl returned his grin as she opened her lovely eyes. "And what are you so michievious about?"

"I let Obi-Wan take Aniu out to dinner tonight so I'm very lonely in my appartment."

Tahl laughed. "Qui-Gon Jinn!!"

"What?"

"You're.... you're...."

"I'm what? Tall? Rugged? Handsome?"

"You're a irresponsible Master is what you are!!"

"And what is so irresponsile about letting my apprentice go out with a life-long friend of his?"

Without warning Tahl tackled Qui-Gon to the ground, her face inches away from his. "Absolytely nothing," she said with a grin, "after all we did the same thing when we were their age."

Qui-Gon laughed and ran his fingers through her hair. "Were we ever that young?"

Tahl helped him to his feet. "Of course we were Qui-Gon. What do you say to a game of Sabbac?"

Qui-Gon smiled. "Sounds good to me."

16. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    Wow, there was even a tiny hint of Qui-Gon/Tahl romance in there!!! :D

IC: Qui-Gon looked over at Tahl from behind his Sabacc cards. An hour ago, they had been tackling each other. Their faces were so close...he could have sworn if Tahl hadn't pulled away, he would have kissed her. She's so beautiful... He shook himself, and came back to the real world. Tahl was asking him to play out a card for the millionth time. He did, and she rolled her eyes. "You can be so annoying sometimes, you know that?"

"What other things can you describe me with? I'm tired of hearing being addressed 'annoying', Tahl." Qui-Gon pretended to look hurt.

She only laughed, a sweet musical sound he didn't mind at all. She quickly flicked a card down and indicated with a swift gesture of her hand that it was Qui-Gon's turn. He mischeiviously grinned, and scratching his beard, he went back to thinking. He was definitely not the best sabacc player in the universe.

17. luvqui-gon_gurl

luvqui-gon_gurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    This is good!

18. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Though duels between sword wielders were rare at those times, Qui-Gon Jinn still trained constantly with his lightsaber.

After he had played Sabacc with Tahl, he walked around the Temple to the saber-room where he met Count Dooku, his former master.

Qui-Gon noticed that as time passed, Dooku was getting less talkative and more secretive, but Qui-Gon didn't tell anyone this.

Qui-Gon stood at the doorway for a while, seeing the Count wield an old metallic blade that had been made before the times of the Republic.

Qui-Gon saw Dooku sway the blade with great speed and agility. Dooku used a technique no jedi ever used before, a technique that he stubbornly kept practicing, even though other Jedi told him it was not needed at a time when Jedi used their lightsabers to deflect blaster shots.

Qui-Gon looked and admired the Count's lashes through the air. "If he can wield a heavy metallic sword with that speed,"Qui-Gon thought,"a lightsaber in his grasp would move like lightning."

Suddenly Count Dooku became aware that Qui-Gon was looking at him.

The Count gave him a weary smile, "Hello my Jedi friend, here to train are you?"

"Yes," Qui-Gon said igniting the green blade and throwing his lighsaber upwards, grabbing it skillfully by the handle as it fell.

"Other Jedi should frequent this place more often," said Count Dooku, "Sometimes I think they've forgotten that our weapon is a lightsaber and that it was used by the ancient Jedi since the biggining of time....hmmm...if only they accepted the truth."

"The Truth?" Qui-Gon asked.

"Yes, the truth," said Count Dooku, "The Republic is not what it seems anymore, corruption is bringing the galaxy to disaster."

The Count looked thoughtfull. "The System won't be as simple as the way it worked in the last years," Dooku said.

Qui-Gon waited for him to continue

"Jedi aiding Republic." the Count said "If the Republic is wrong about certain matter, the Jedi must not agree...at least I will not agree."

Qui-Gon nodded.

"I may need your help to stengthen my arguments in the future, Qui-Gon" Dooku told him.

"As long as it is for a just cause," Qui-Gon said "I will be there to aid you."

Dooku continued to sway the metallic blade through the air.

At that moment,little Obi-Wan (who had been talking to his padawan friend Kit Fisto, who had been telling him how he missed the oceans of his homeworld, Glee Anslem) entered the lightaber room, and gazed in admiration at the Count wielding the blade, and shuddered to think the fate of anyone who should meet him in battle.

"Good think the Sith wars are history,"Obi-wan thought. "I should hate to fight in a lightsaber match during my lifetime".

Count Dooku stopped waving his sword and smiled at the young apprentice.

Qui-Gon signalled to Obi-wan. "Come Padawan, see the ancient moves of the saber, and learn the lore of the Jedi of the Past."

So switching off his saber-blade, Qui-Gon stood near Obi-wan, and as they looked over where Dooku was training, the Master explained the sword-moves and ways Dooku dealt with a lightsaber.

Little Obi-Wan kept his eyes on the tip of Dooku's blade.

And he learnt.

Little did he know how useful the lessons of that day would be in the future.

19. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    That was great Kos!!! :D

After everone had left the training room Tahl snuck in and pulled out a metal sword from its sheath with a slight scrapping sound.

She began to go through the lightsaber moves with a graceful stength she was known for.

Qui-Gon needed a place to think so he went to the training room to find Tahl weilding a metal sword, she was as fair as a pale morning of spring that is still clinging to winter's chill. He could not tear his eyes from her. Oh Deus.... she's so.... so.... fair. Tahl, Tahl, I could kiss you under this moonlight..... what am I thinking?!?

Qui-Gon shook his head, not understanding all the mixed feelings blooming inside him... wanting desperately to be able to express them in words....

20. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Tahl lowers the metal sword and she opens a chest in which lies a sword of silver. She unsheathes it and begins to practice.

She swings around and is met by Qui-Gon behind her, who blocks her parry.

Qui-Gon: "You have some skill with a blade."

With a swift move, Tahl swings her sword and renders Qui-Gon vulnerable, gaining the upper hand.

Tahl: Stepping back and sheathing her sword. "Jedi Women of this country learned long ago that those without swords may still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain."

Qui-Gon: "What do you fear, my lady?"

Tahl: "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire."

Qui-Gon: "You are a daughter of Jedi, a shieldmaiden of Coruscant." He sheaths his sword. "I do not think that will be your fate."

He bows and Tahl gazes after him as he walks away.

21. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    You rule Keeper_of_Swords!!!! :cool:

Tahl gazed at his back. He.... he.... he called me my lady! "Qui-Gon!" She called running to catch up with him. "Why did you call me my lady? Everyone knows I'm not royalty. Nor am I a shield maiden as of yet. Why the promotion?"

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Qui-gon turns "Because I truly, deeply love you...but we're Jedi see, we're not supposed to love. It would take us to a place we cannot go."

Leaving Tahl there, Qui-Gon walks along the corridor whistling the Imperial March.

Obi-wan runs to him. "Look what I found," the boy says handing a paper to Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon unfolds the paper and is astonished. "Where did you get this?" he asks.

From one of the ancient books in the Jedi Library." Obi-Wab answers. "What is it?"

"A Map leading us to where the famous, precious Hazdur Stone is hidden." Qui-Gon said.

Then he continued. "It says here that if we pass through the sewers beneath the temple of Dathomiri, they will lead us to the chamber where ther is the Stone. Come on lets go and find it!" Qui-Gon said.

So the Jedi Master, and a very excited Padawan left.

In search for the hidden treasure.

23. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Tahl could barely breath after Qui-Gon left. I.... I.... she fainted, her sword clattering to the floor along with her.

Hearing the clatter, her Padawan Kayley Adelina ran in to the training room to find her Master lying very still on the floor.

"Master!!" Kayley shouted horrified but Tahl did not respond.

Kayley hefted her Master's surprisingly light body onto her back and carefully carried her back to the quarters they shared. She set her Master's prostrate form on a sleep couch and ran a tri corder over her body.

Hmmm.... that's interesting, she thought, aside from slightly elevated levels of adrenalin she's fine health wise. Hmmm.... something must have shocked her out of conciousness.... but what?

Kayley shook her head. Even though she was skilled in the ways of her ancestors, the Dathomiri, the Aderaanians and the Betazoids she had no idea what could have caused her beloved Master's collapse. Of all the medicines she could concoct, she knew one thing and one thing only could bring her Master back.... the famous and precious Hazdur Stone.

She knew it's exact location on Dathomiri, every Dathomiran did, it was in their blood.... imprinted into their DNA so to speak.

Aware of the dagerous task that lay before her, Kayley took what little of her belongings she could spare and snuck out of the Jedi Temple in her Dathomiran edraith cloak which if donned, the person wearing it could not be seen or felt by any living being save Jedi or Sith and -ahem- borrowed without permission, a SoroSuub Horizon-Class Star Yatch. Then in an instant was en route to Dathomiri and the Hazdur Stone....

24. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Meanwhile Qui Gon flew his Jedi Starfighter out of the Temple, and left the atmosphere of Coruscant, going through space, helped by little Obi-wan.

Very soon, they were attacked by Space pirates.

Obi-wan rushed over to the ship's only cannon, and grabbing at the controls started blasting at the pirate space-ships.

"Hold on," Qui-Gon said "We'll shake them off in the nearby asteroid field!"

The Jedi Master sped between the asteroids.

The Padawan kept aiming and firing repeatedly.

He shot laser.

A pirate ship exploded.

He shot again.

Missed.

Changed the cannon's direction, shot at a nearby rotating asteroid.

The asteroid burst and rocks hurled into the pirate ship making it explode.

Qui-Gon sped on, driving the ship dangerously past the asteroids. Once he brushed very close to one.

He passed through a tunnel in an asteroid.

A following pirate ship didn't make it through the narrow hole and crashed into the asteroid.

Little Obi kept blasting on.

Three other pirate ships exploded.

The poor kid kept being jerked about in the ship, and from then on he hated flying through space.

Qui-Gon flew out of the asteroid field, and dashed on through space.

The last pirate ship made it out of the asteroid field and shot, missing the Jedi starfighter by a short distance.

Obi-wan swerved the cannon attached to the ship, and feeling the Force flow through him, shot down the attacking space-craft.

"Very good, my young apprentice," Qui-Gon smiled.

Obi-wan fell back exhausted.

And after this skirmish, the Master and the Apprentice kept on moving through deep, vast Space.

25. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    [good day to you Keeper_of_Swords :D ]

Kayley expertly landed the Yatch in the Forbidden Forest. Concealing the ship with a edraith tarp she set out into the Forest.

Hours later she came to the clearing of Lothlorien and the Golden Hall of King Arthur. A horn was sounding in the air announcing that Hazdur had been stolen.

Kayley gasped and ran into the Golden Hall to find out from Arthur just what exactly had happened....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.