main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Initiate (An add-to-it story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker_Vader2be, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    His first thought was They've taken him again! Then he reached out with the Force and felt a quiet contentment coming from the boy. He glanced around, pushed his way past a few people, and soon his eyes were rewarded with the sight of Obi-Wan.

The five year old was sitting on the counter of a fruit stand, legs swinging as he happily chatted with the old man who ran the booth. Dark purple rivets of sticky juice ran down his face and every time Obi-Wan took a bite out of the black, squarish fruit more juice would spurt across his face.

Qui-Gon quickly made his way to the stand and lifted little Obi-Wan off the counter and into his arms. Obi-Wan placed an arm- the one holding the dripping fruit- around Qui-Gon's neck.

"I hope he hasn't been bothersome-"

"I'm his shun, Mr. Kai." Obi-Wan stated proudly, cutting Qui-Gon off. The old man smiled up at them.

"Well, it was nice meeting you Obi-Wan. Come back again sometime, there'll always be a fruit here with your name on it."

Obi-Wan's eyes grew big and he leaned over to examine his fruit carefully. The juice trickled down his hand before landing on Qui-Gon's nose.

2. luvqui-gon_gurl

luvqui-gon_gurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    Haha, that's a funny post!!!

Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon innocently. "Sor-wy, Mast-or..."

Qui-Gon pretended to be mad, but then his mouth curled into a smile. The boy took notice of his Master's smile and went back to eating his fruit, with a happy grin on his face, as they walked their way to the Governor's residence.

3. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
  4. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    That was great.

5. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    At the Governer's residence the Governer smiled as he saw Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan approach. "Is this your son?"

Qui-Gon smiled as he wondered how many times he would be asked that during this misson. "Yes he is."

6. Skywalker_Vader2be

Skywalker_Vader2be Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    Little Obi-Wan nodded. "Yeah, I'm his shun. My name is Obi-Wan Kenobi. Who are you, mister?"

The Governor smiled. "I'm the Governor of this planet. I run the political issues here."

"Po-politee-cal? What's that?" Obi-Wan was curious.

Qui-Gon tried to hide his smile.

7. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
  8. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    The govener laughed. "It has to do with politics young Obi-Wan."

"Oh." Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon. "What awe poleetics Mastor?"

9. luvqui-gon_gurl

Jul 28, 2003
    Qui-Gon grinned and kneeled down to the small child. "Politics are...very confusing issues involving the trouble of running a planet, solving problems around the galaxy."

Obi-Wan still looked confused, but Qui-Gon could tell that Kenobi understood a bit. The Jedi Master smiled even more. "With the years to come, Obi-Wan, you will understand soon enough."

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Obiwan noded his little head and desided to tug on Quigon's beard and so little Obiwan grab's Quigons beard and pulle's real hard, then giggle's very loudly at what he did.......

11. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Qui-Gon laughed good naturedly and then yanked on Obi-Wan's ear as hard as Obi-Wan had yanked on his beard. "Don't do that again Padawan."

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  13. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    Little Obi-Wan began to cry. "Ow....WAHHHHHHHH!"

Qui-Gon paled. He didn't mean to grab Obi-Wan's ear that hard. As gently as he could, he lifted the toddler onto his shoulder. "Don't cry, Obi-Wan..." The Jedi Master used the Force to soothe the child as he spoke.

Within moments, Obi-Wan fell asleep on Qui-Gon's shoulder. Chuckling softly, Qui-Gon turned back to the Governor. "I'm sorry for Obi-Wan's actions, Your Excellency. He is only five years old."

The Governor shook his head cheerfully, grinning broadly. "No, no, I don't mind at all. I love children. They're just adorable."

Qui-Gon smiled. "I agree."

14. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    At that moment, a little girl with long brown pigtails ran into the room. She looked around Obi-Wan's age and her large hazel eyes were brimming with tears.

"Dah-dee!" She wailed before she threw herself around the Govenor's feet and held on tightly.

An older boy, maybe two or three years older than her, skidded to a stop in the doorway, holding a small ragdoll tauntingly in his hands. He thrust the doll behind his back as soon as he saw his dad and Qui-Gon and smiled angelicly.

"Halo Sir." He said with a polite nod at Qui-Gon. Then he turned toward the little girl and hissed. "Tawni, come on."

15. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Tawni clung to the governer's legs. "No!" She said stubbornly.

The governer laughed. "Your sister is fine Taurin. Go see if your mother is available."

Taurin nodded and left.

Qui-Gon looked down at Tawni. "I presume these children are yours?"

"Yes." The governer said with a short laugh. "Of course marriges over here are different than on Coruscant."

"How?" Qui-Gon was curious.

"Well, according to politics a governer has to remain unmarried incase the need should arrise for a union to settle tribal disputes."

"So you're technically single?"

"No. I broke the law and married my beloved 'concubine' Chani a year before Taurin was born. I'm not very well liked because of my actions."

"I figured that by the way people gave us directions to your palace."

"Dah-dee, oo, is ee?"

"That is Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, my dove."

16. luvqui-gon_gurl

Jul 28, 2003
  17. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    someone FINALLY comments :D does anyone know what happened to jedi_kenobi?

18. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    I wuv wittle kid tawk. It's adorable!

Hmm... Nope, haven't seen jedi_kenobi. He hasn't been on since the 6th though.

--------

Obi-Wan waved to Tawni who stuck her toungue out at him and crossed her eyes. He grinned delightedly and began to squirm so much that Qui-Gon was forced to set him down.

19. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    I hope I can join in!

Aunecah

---------------
    As soon as he was set down, Obi-Wan started toward Tawni. He galloped toward her but suddenly stopped halfway through and ran back to Qui-Gon, an embarrasesed grin on his face. He ran around to stand behind Qui-Gon and peaked at Tawni from there.

20. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Obi-Wan is soo fun to play with! :D

---------------

Qui-Gon, with a mischievious glint in his eye, used the Force to propel a now squeeling Obi-Wan out from behind him and gave him a little shove in Tawni's direction. The youngster had to take a few steps before he could stop the movement and when he looked up, his blue-grey eyes were centimeters away from Tawni's dark hazel ones.

He was stunned for a moment, and then he did the first thing that came to his mind.

He pulled her pigtails.

Naturally.

21. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Tawni laughed and tugged at his Padawan braid. "Do oo know ow to dance?"

Obi-Wan blushed. "A tee-eeny bit."

A woman with black hair and elfin features came into the room. "Taurin said you wanted me dear?"

Th governer nodded. "But of course Chani."

"Mommy!" Tawni hugged her mother's legs. "Taurin was bee-ing nau-ty."

"He was my dove?" The woman laughed. Qui-Gon found her disturbingly attractive. "We'll have to fix that. Who is this?"

"This is Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn." The governer answered.

"Ah." Chani said and sounded as if she ment it.

22. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    What happened to me? I was currently detained in a freezer...just like Obi-Wan in JA #4: The Mark of the Crown. :D No, really, I was! My house was freezing for the past two days after I came back from my vacation, 'cause the heater broke down. I couldn't even walk to the computer room! Took two days to fix the stupid heater. But now, I'm okay...and stepping into this thread, I find that Qui-Gon is about to have another romantic interest...can ya beat that? (Echoing Watto in AOTC 8-} )

What happened to Skywalker_Vader2be??? Oh no, not another missing Jedi! Argh, after that Tahl-missing business, and that Adi Gallia-missing business (Episode One Adventures series), oh and that Qui-Gon-missing business, I was beginning to hate having Jedi go missing. :_|

Enough ranting and back to work...

Qui-Gon smiled at Chani, although he didn't really mean it. He didn't know what to do but greet her nicely. Oh great, he thought. She's married with kids and I'm finding her attractive! That's bad -

His thoughts were interrupted by Chani's voice. "Anything wrong, Master Jinn?"

"Please do call me Qui-Gon."

"Well, in that case...anything wrong, Qui-Gon?" she asked with a twinkle in her eye.

Qui-Gon grinned. "No. Not at all."

Not at all.

23. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    wow, sorry to hear about your heater jedi_kenobi. I was just recently up in Oakland for my cousin's wedding and I nearly froze my butt off!! It was so cold that for an hour afterwords, my nose, my feet, and my butt, were freezing cold. needless to say, I know what it's like to be cold even though I was born in Utah.

getting on with the story:

Chani gave another laugh. It was a pleasant, musical sound Qui-Gon did not mind at all. Great I'm married, I have these children to care for, and I'm finding him attractive. "That's good." She said aloud, though Qui-Gon could tell there was more on her mind. "Shall I show our esteemed guests to their quarters?"

The governer nodded. "Yes please dear."

Tawni shook Obi-Wan's hand. "Bye." She said and danced out of the room calling, "Taurin! Oh, Taurin!"

Chani chukled as she led Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan out of the room. "I'm sorry if Tawni scares your son." She sounded apologetic. "Her brother is none to kind to her so when she meets someone as nice as you she... well... she clings to them..." She trailed off, uncomfortably wondering how much her Duke had told these Jedi.

24. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    Mesa back! I'll post later...

25. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    welcome back and post soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.