main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah yes, 'good vs evil' is such a staple of the movie industry and, like you, I do tend to relate it to SW nowadays! I think what gets to me in this particular case is the obvious similarities between the two characters in terms of personality, behaviour and ultimate fate. And of course they are both played by the same actor - must be something about Christopher Lee ;)

2. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    By the way, I would like to thank Ruth for a mental image of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon both bare chested and dripping with water. I think that's what they call 'fan service'! :D

obimom likes this.
  3. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I would add 'Yesac' and 'Mirror and Image' to the ones Valary Scot mentioned

4. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I concur. :D

And where is our pic of Young Padawan Kenobi??? I tried to find it yesterday, but had to stop.

Tahl's demand to Qui-Gon that he find his padawan and straighten out his "adorable head" just put that image right in my head...[face_love]

We have about a foot of snow on the ground and it's still snowing, supposed to keep going until about 3pm today or so.

Here is brilliance...some people called in last Friday saying "they couldn't make it in because of the snow still on their streets" (we got a foot last Thursday also), and then later came in to pick up their check....they are no longer with the company...

We'll make it in , we live very close and my husband has a four wheel drive, but I wonder how many will not make it in...we could be pretty sparce today.

Although a day like this just begs for being cozy at home, fixing a warm, comforting breakfast, and then sitting down to a good old tv show, movie, or book (or FF :D) and napping...

But I have no excuse. Must go to work.

5. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Note: the dripping conveniently provides cover for any drool puddles. I always thought it was a darn pity in TPM that they decided to swim to the Gungan city /in their robes/ Come on, boys!!!! Also, tatooine is incredibly hot. Shouldn't there have been rampant shirtlessness there, too? Of course, then who would even /look/ at cute little Ani--
    but then again, who does anyway?
    HM.

FARK2005, Gkilkenny and obimom like this.
  6. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh yes, second that motion. Yesac especially is fantastic for characterization

Valairy Scot likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    The challenge is up and runing again. :)

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    [

[ "][​IMG]

Ah...here it is...[face_love]

I do believe his alter ego is in Australia filming, if only I lived in Perth, but unfortunately I live on the other side of Aussie.

9. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004

But still so much closer than usual Geri!! :D :D I saw he said it was quite a hot night in Perth last night, but then of course it's hot where he is!

laloga, obimom and ruth baulding like this.
  10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Well they had to pick the hottest months of the year to come here. And out there in good old Western Australia... Its hot.
    At least they aren't having the floods and fires like the rest of the country. Oh I'd love to see him, so close but far away. But I can drool anyway knowing that he's on my side of the world standing on the same country..[face_love]:D

obimom, laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  11. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Im tying to grow my hair in the Padawan style. I think it would be cool :)

Eryndil, laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Hi Jedi youngling sg1A go for it.^:)^

13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    And he had to have that horrible long mullet biker wig! Haha, sweaty :p Did you see that?

I'll try to post the pic of him in the Ewan thread

14. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Go for it. My daughter has a Padawan braid and every time we go for a hair-cut there is a bit of a fracas over NOT cutting it off. Fortunately we discovered a young hairdresser at the local Supercuts who is familiar with Jedi customs and would not dream of chopping off such a sacred emblem :p

Eryndil, sg1A and laloga like this.
  15. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    I am wearing my hair padawan style minus the braid. it's almost summertime here.

16. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    I did see it and I joined twitter and saw the pic on there.[face_rofl] Long hair doesn't suit him, but I do like his Jack and the beanstalk mo and goatie.[face_love]

17. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    It can come off when she becomes a night. If it really went down like , i would be jealous.

I like the long hair. It's what jedi do they had to wear their hair short i guess, so when the became knights they grew there hair out. LOL

18. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    I sometimes give myself a Padawan braid just for fun. It doesn't really show amongst the rest of my hair though, so it's more like an 'undercover Padawan'! [face_shhh]

19. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    And we all know how very safe an occupation that is -- judging by fanfic (and I myself am guilty) the instant your Padawan goes undercover, he or she is more or less doomed.

True conversation
    well-intentioned granny at grocery store "Oh sweet-heart, I like your Indian pricess braid."
    affronted daughter: "Oh... it's a Padawan braid."
    nice old granny: "mmmm-hmmm... I bet all the boys in your class think that's very pretty."
    affronted daughter: "Jedi do not CARE what the boys think."
    nice old granny (to amused mother): What's she saying?
    highly amused mother: Please, go ahead of us in line... (move along, move along)
    nice granny: Well, thankyou (moves along)
    affronted daughter: HOW can she not recognize a Padawan braid? Does this /look/ like some stupid Pocahontas thing?
    mother: She's from the Outer Rim, dear. Pay no heed.

sg1A, obimom, Eryndil and 1 other person like this.
  20. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    [face_rofl]

21. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_laugh] Fantastic answer (even if opinions may differ on this particular subject!)

Ah, the wise words of a Jedi Master/Mother :D

That's one young Padawan who certainly has her priorities right - Star Wars yes, Pocahontas no! Good work...

benknobi1 likes this.
  22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ewan with long hair? Mmmmm....[face_love]

Me likey...I wanna see.

23. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    I remember these(Jedi clip on braids from TPM) i use to have a bunch. I thought they were cool and now wish i had them for collectors purposes.

Would have been nice to have them now, also because it takes to long to grow my hair in a braid like that. When i did a search on google for images of this product i found real pictures of people growing padawan braids. IT WAS COOOL!

24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

I posted them in the Ewan thread! And it was an ordeal :p I gave you a tag so you can find 'em easy like :)

laloga likes this.
  25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks Ash...going to drool...er..I mean...look now..:D

Is TF.net having trouble. The last couple days I've not been able to get in, and had to wait until it was up again. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

serendipityaey likes this.