main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    All joking aside, I think this is compelling evidence that Obi-Wan primarily dealt with the Living Force. It seems like, as someone who knows how best to handle people - "the Negotiator" - Obi would have to be particularly attuned to the Living Force.

serendipityaey likes this.
  2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Or are those a reflection of Qui-Gon's influence ?

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    He seemed to become more attuned/adept at dealing within the 'Living Force' especially as he grew older, which one would expect and hope for. That's not to say he wasn't also adept at the 'Unifying Force'. He seems more balanced than anything.

I totally see what you're saying Val, that makes sense. I just didn't get the sense that "The Unifying Force" was even a thing in the prequel era, not even really established at all in that way. But what Eryndil said made a lot of sense in theory for how they saw things and studied the Force - and each individual choosing to focus on different ideas to further their understanding.

laloga likes this.
  4. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    The picture of him smiling telling Anakin how Awesome he is always comes up right away.... otherwise not many smiling pics.

I got stuck on his lips and stopped. Didn't quite get to the 'penetrates'...

Valairy Scot and laloga like this.
  5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I think the vast majority of thought on the LF & UF is fandom. Only Qui-Gon, in one movie, in one line, spoke of the Living Force.

If I think hard about it (nah, not this time of night), I suspect the LF & UF are just approaches to the same Force and one's particular focus at any one time.

If, as Qui-Gon seemed to say to Obi-Wan in the beginning of TPM, the padawan was more "worried" about elusive things that didn't affect them rather than what they were there to do, well - fandom certainly took that and ran with it. If I daydream about winning the lottery when I am supposed to be finishing a job project I might get fired for not focusing on the job (I swear that is not what led to my unemployment).

If I'm supposed to project something out ten years and I instead focus on the proper wording for a report, I have screwed up.

In short, don't ignore what's in front of you on something out there and perhaps to change, and yet, don't ignore the possible consequences of what you do now. Qui-Gon was (apparently) absolutely unconcerned with consequences, because he would deal with them as they arose and of course as guided by the Force, so let whatever happen, happen. Shortsighted, in other words.

On Anakin, the ideal solution would have been for all to acknowledge potential future problems as well as steps to take in the "now" so that the issues wouldn't become problems.

Bad on Qui-Gon and bad on the Council both.

Fanon now has all the current PT Jedi UF with some having some occasional forays into it as plot demands and only Qui-Gon caring about the immediate "consequences."

benknobi1 likes this.
  6. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I went straight to the Force penetrates us and that was the end of rational thought for quite some time.
    Another smile:
    [​IMG]
    I'm not brave enough for late-night philosophy. You /deserve/ your day with the fangirls, Anakin.

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Weeelll, dare I go there...nah. Not publicly (ha, no Freudian slip for me, take that Ruth!)

And yeah, I truly believe by ROTS Obi-Wan was one of the more balanced Jedi, which many of you may have noted in my stories - he's balanced which is the Force's attempt to give the Chosen One who is to balance the Force a source of balance.

8. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

So pretty. I could go to bed on that note.

ruth baulding and Eryndil like this.
  9. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, extremes really aren't a good thing in this situation. Qui-Gon was so very 'focus on the present moment, wow isn't the Living Force the best thing evah' that he ignored the future. In TPM, Obi may have been a bit too much the other way (in Qui's opinion anyway) and no doubt some of the Council are too. A nice bit of balance is the best way.

Sounds like 'fanon' is also a bit extreme about this. I can't imagine that all the Jedi except Qui are UF and blind to the 'here and now'. That's a lot of Jedi after all!

10. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Good idea - I could go to bed with that too :)

laloga likes this.
  11. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    No, I did not go there, but as I was typing I thought of YOUR prior Freudian slip. I was going to mention how some folks had boyfriends/husbands - imagine from there.

Hey, Ruth - sometime when you're absolutely stuck and need a story diversion, I should send you a few of my half-baked scribbles and see if you could help me pound out a plot to go along. The offer is open to others, too. While poking around my stories, - man, I have a lot of ideas needing a plot to turn them into a story.

13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Yes, that Obi-affect. Very usefull sometime. :p

14. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Another smiling Obi-Wan pic

[​IMG]

laloga and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    This is the only other one I could find...anyone else?

[​IMG]

laloga and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  16. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I can continue...

[​IMG]

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Some more smily Obi:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Somebody else wants to continue? :p

laloga likes this.
  18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Really?

No one is here?

I've been checking off and on since this morning...

[face_dunno]

19. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

Valairy Scot likes this.
  20. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Cute little emoticon hiding behind Council chamber couch:
    "Master Skywalker... there are too many of them... what shall we do??"
    Dun-dun-dun!!

21. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Been to the Rock and Mineral Expo:-B
    ... and a water polo tournament:cool:...
    ...and cleaning my house[face_tired]...
    ...and now I've a guest for dinner (poor fool) ... but I'd rather be here.

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    You guys cross your fingers for me tomorrow: 11 am interview downtown Seattle.

serendipityaey likes this.
  23. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_dancing] Closest thing they've got to crossed fingers.

Good luck :)

24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    May the Force be with you, Val!!!!

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hurray! Hope you get it Val. May all roads lead to your success. Though shalt awe them with thine intellect, and dazzle them with thine charm. They shalt be forced to hire you, they shat be compelled to. They will feel no other choice. It will not be an option. And may the odds be ever in your favor. Allon-sy!