main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Padawans are welcome too! Join in the fun, if you dare...

2. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Oops, sorry.

ruth baulding likes this.
  3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    M'kay, guess I've got to put the smackdown on. LET RUTH TORTURE OBI - that makes the /c so much more welcome. Besides, this book it's emotional torture for our growing young man.

obimom likes this.
  4. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I will make it up to him in the end.... I promise. There is always light in the darkness, and it always finds him or vice versa.

5. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan provides his own light to keep the darkness at bay, Ruth, even if the glow is occasionally filtered or running low on battery power.

6. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004

Welcome Angelnumber25 :D Good to see a new face!

Sighhhhh... I was going to post this week and then I got caught up in my other fandom fic, and then I was going to post today but now the weather is a little better Ana keeps wanting to race me :p I don't know what she's training for, but she loves to run! So totally posting tomorrow or Tuesday, for sure! I finished a lot of other things this weekend and that's next on the list. I have 5 brand new chapters just almost ready to go, I'm just slow as molasses, I guess. Obi has some lovin' and daddy-time due up!

Love the genealogy stuff Val! My grandmother has done a ton of that; I really need to sit and study it.

laloga likes this.
  7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Funnily enough I'm currently researching my own family tree! I've found that I have family that emigrated from the UK to the US in the late 1800's and early 1900's. I'm thinking of paying for a few months on either Ancestry or Genes Reunited to continue searching however I haven't decided whether to go ahead and do that or not.

Welcome Angelnumber25 :D

8. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Ahh, a Kenobi appreciation society! Nice.

Well, I've been a fan of Obi-Wan since my first 'Star Wars' film on the big screen with 'The Phantom Menace' in 1999. As a 27 year old now, it's clear I love the character because of many reasons that make him one of the most humane in the series.

His morals are always trying to do what's right. His skills in combat are amazing, and he certainly makes duelling look easy! His logic is brilliant, as is his wit and observation of the situation and characters around him, and he knows what his aims are and the cause he is fighting for.

A brilliant character, played amazingly by Ewan in the prequels and with a great air of mystery and power by Sir Alec in the classics. I can only hope for his return somehow in Episode VII!

9. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
  10. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Thank you, Grand Master! ;)

I hope to divulge more love for Obi on here and hopefully soon have news of his return in the new Trilogy.

serendipityaey likes this.
  11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi_Wan_Gelderd likes this.
  12. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    So true! I'm so glad there are great writers out there continuing to write stuff about Qui Gon and Obi Wan, and really getting deeper into these characters that I love. Obi Wan has always been the "perfect" Jedi to me, even in his not-so-perfect moments. He's human, and his nobility and humanity is what gives him the great empathy that I have always associated with his character.

13. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Oh wow! More fanfics to read.i'm there.guys,i need you to pray for healing for my sister in law's niece.she has leukemia,and has to undergo bone marrow transplant,something my dad never had when he was also stricken by leukemia.

14. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Prayers for your Sister in Law's niece...hope she fully recovers.

Trying to get my chappie done...they put me on ten hour days this week...I was so tired

15. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Ruth,can you tell me
    who those two are in your avatar?

16. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Looks like Kenobi in his General Clone Wars attire from the animated series on the top...not sure who he's with...do tell Ruth!

17. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    serendipityaey likes this.
  18. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Both great facial hair masters, but I think Obi-Wan obviously wins due to he has more, and is an expert on stroking it at crucial times!

Pensive Padme, obimom and Veloz like this.
  19. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    That is Obi-Wan in Mandalorian armor, cradling a dying Satine in his arms.
    I will certainly pray for your niece - take heart - I know of two younger victims of leukemia who really responded well to treatment and are happy and hearty now. I am sure her family's love will help, too.

Obi_Wan_Gelderd likes this.
  20. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    That was a difficult choice.... but when I asked the boys whom I should vote for, Qui-Gon said "attend to the Living Force" and Obi-Wan immediately exhorted me to vote for Master Qui-Gon.
    So I clicked on Obi-Wan.

Valairy Scot and Angelnumber25 like this.
  21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Good luck to your sister-in-law's niece. I hope it goes well for her.

That scene always makes me tearful. I can't wait to see it properly in HD *curses the Atlantic ocean*

22. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    ruth baulding, are we gettting a new chapter today (not like I'm counting down or anything :D)

23. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] good one.

24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Finally updated! It's a Miracle ;)

Obi was most displeased, making him wait for this

"What took you so long?"
    [​IMG]

obimom, laloga and ruth baulding like this.
  25. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I am counting days, loving ruths stories. Waiting for the next instalment ^:)^

[quote="Hi Obi_Wan_Gelderd [/quote]
    Hello, welcome to Obi-Wan appreciation of all things Obi-Wan, not that I say much , but am listening and loving Obi-Wan.[face_love]