main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    That they stole force sensitive babies or that Bail defended them?

ruth baulding likes this.
  2. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I thought she made it up but I am not certain - certainly it has been sitting in my Pet Plot Bunny corral for quite some time. I have a draft all ready to go... someday....
    I love the idea of public scandal surrounding the Jedi Order as the Dark Times approach... the misunderstandings and shiftiness of public opinion.

3. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes - I think the idea of "baby-stealing" as an accusation leveled agianst the Jedi might be more canon-ish.

4. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    I was thinking of the specific incident with Bail and the Quarren. It would be interesting to know more about it, if there was a source for this.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Code:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/%22Baby_Ludi%22_custody_case
    I think on the official site there was a "news story" about the Jedi baby-napping a child. Gist was that an "orphaned baby" was raised by the Jedi then the mother came forward wanting her baby back and the Jedi deemed the child to far into Jedi training to be safely relinquished and refused. Something like Baby Ludy...?

Ah, found it: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/"Baby_Ludi"_custody_case

6. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Wow, you have a good memory! I don't think that's the one that Karen Miller was referring to as the Quarren don't seem to be involved. It's very interesting as a canon (well, C-canon presumably) source on the subject.

7. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Oops, double post!

Move along, move along. Nothing to see here! :D

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Won't be easy to draw this one. Huh?

[​IMG]

serendipityaey likes this.
  9. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    hlc88 and Watto like this.
  10. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Voted!!! Though Han Solo was my first love... but I went in favour of the Kenobi ;)

11. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    So difficult to betray one's first love - I fell head over heels for Luke, but not till he showed up in black at the beginning of RoTJ. He was toppled from his pedestal by Obi-Wan, though. Even the inimitable Han must take second place.
    Han shot first, and Obi-Wan /swung/ first. They both leave a lot of messes behind at bars and have a nice swagger. So much goodness..

12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I fell for Han Solo when I was 9. My brother literally forced me to watch Star Wars. I was adamant I'd hate it. I ended up enjoying Episode IV and Han Solo caught me eye. That was in 1998. Then in 2002, Obi-Wan in Episode II caught my eye and the rest is history! Surprisingly I didn't really care for Obi-Wan in Episode I. And then when I came back into this fandom a year ago, the first character on my mind was my dear Obi-Wan... :D

In other news, I have started to write my Doctor Who/Star Wars crossover fic! So far Anakin and Obi-Wan are arguing because Anakin has taken a shortcut to get home and they are now falling into a black hole. Anakin is denying it is his fault.

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    That's so Anakin - "it's not my fault; you were holding me back!!!!!!"

14. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Of course he is.... it's not his fault. he just didn;t have time to make the neccessary adjustments to the ship yet. And shortcuts always lead to figuratve black holes, even in ordinary life road trips.... sounds like good fun.

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I was thinking that when I wrote that bit!

It's meant to be a fun/humorous fic... and what would be a convenient way to get Anakin and Obi-Wan into the Doctor Who universe! A black hole! :D This is a type of fic I haven't really written before as I'm more used to drama/angst stories. Goodness knows how it will turn out as a finished product!

16. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Why is Obi-Wan at the bottom of the thread list???
    This should wake everyone up...
    [face_hypnotized]
    [​IMG]

17. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Wha....?

Who's that - Darth Gorgeous?

18. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    "n other news, I have started to write my Doctor Who/Star Wars crossover fic!"

Oh Boy!! Can't wait to read. My fav. Jedi in my favorite TV series...=D=

Erm..you ARE featuring Obi-Wan in this, right? I can't count the number of times I eagerly clicked on a crossover SW with a TV show I enjoy only tofind it's Anakin or one of the other characters that is featured, and Obi-Wan is stuck with a cameo if he's in there at all...

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    hlc88 : Will you tag me, put me on your list or whatever you are doing to let me know you'v eposted your cross over, Please?

I can't wait :D

Plus, new Dr. Who tonight!!! =D=

20. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    there seem to have been a rumor going that the jedi kidnaps babies,when in fact ,the parents were the one who offered.the Quarrens might have started the rumor.Karen Miller just incorporated it into her story

Happy birthday,Ewan!!! i hope you'll be Obiwan again.

21. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    OH I forgot!!! Happy birthday Ewan.....[face_love]

Hope you are with your family having a great day!!!

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I just read online there is a rumor that one of the stand alone spinoffs being considered for a new SW movie is Obi-Wan (played by Ewan) between epsl 3 and 4 on Tat. (with a small role for Luke in it) being faced off with Darth Maul.

How about that! No confirmations yet, just talk mainly.

24. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    A bit to early for me to say happy birthday, because it's just 18:57 here! And it's still March/30....LOL

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, Obi-Wan is a main character in the fic.

I will tag you when I've posted it though since its a crossover fic I want to write it all first so it may be a while before its posted :)

Just watched the new Doctor Who! It was a good episode. And may have motivated me a bit more with my fic...