main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh, and I did consider Ali Alaan, but I got the impression that he is more of a creche master? I think all the kids with him were under four.

By the way, any thoughts on Docent Vant? For instance, is 'Docent' a name or a title? If a title, what would it mean? It seems a bit odd to have a separate title when all other Jedi beyond Padawan are referred to as 'Master'. On the other hand, docent is an actual word in several languages and is connected with education. Maybe I could fudge the issue and just imply that she is some kind of educator for younger initiates.

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Mayddup Naim....[face_laugh]

Very clever.

3. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, there. Anonn Y'Mous is your next one... I personally thought Mayddup Naim was brilliant. partially becasue it so looks like it might be a very tasty dish at my favorite Indian restaurant, and because, well. you know. /puns, baby, puns/ [face_love]

[face_idea]Wait!! Wait!! I propose Master Jaffa Kaik.
    Come on, don't tell me that's not perfect.[face_laugh]

4. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I took Docent as a title (guide) - someone involved in education but not a /master/ in the strict sense. JW never explicated, to my remembering.... are you just going to tease and tantalize us with mentins of this story or can one beg and plead for a post? Or is that unbecoming and likely to result in early bedtime or something?

5. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    I plan to keep mentioning the story until everyone wants to strangle me :D No really, I do hope to get some bits finished so that I can post them but I've got myself into a complicated situation. The problem is, every time I try to finish a chapter, I end up starting a different chapter (or a whole new fic) instead.

So, I currently have three multi-chapter fics that I am working on, all of them overlapping the others in various ways. I started with one but it kinda grew from there and I had this crazy idea of posting all three consecutively in (more or less) chronological order! Some of the chapters are now picking up little references to the other fics. It's got to the stage where I had to write out a list of all 21 chapters (from all three fics) in order to figure out what goes where. Just to make it more complicated, this initiate era fic is not in strict chronological order.

OK, that actually sounds more tortuous than it is! It's quite fun to write, believe it or not, but it's taking a veeeeeeeery long time. I have a bad habit of starting multi-chapter fics and never finishing them, so they end up in limbo with half the chapters posted. For that reason, I don't want to start posting until I've got at least one of these fics completed. Meh, I just lack the self-discipline to write quickly!

Oh yeah, I also have a half-finished one-shot and another that may never see the light of day.

I cannot tell you that it is not perfect.
    For it is :D

6. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Seems like time for the mop and drool bucket. :-D

7. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Here they are: the mop and the drool bucket, left to right.
    [​IMG]

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I can't do anything when I feel soooo bad as I do. The whole catch cold thing is killing me!

I want to continue on my FF, but those darn viruses drag me down!

9. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    Feel better! I'm just getting over a nasty cold. I was not a happy camper for a few days there...

10. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Good Friday evening, Everyone!! Ahh..a weekend off (sort of)..well at least, off from work. Hopefully I'll ge tsome rest this weekend...and maybe finally get a start on my fic....maybe. I'm just trying to decide if I want to put my head in another story or not...I'll probably do something with it though...

I'd like to come up with another romance for Obi-Wan and Siri again...but something different....and with a happy ending...without it being too trite. Haven't come up with anything yet...but we'll see. I could go back to the one idea (the very first ever idea I had that has never seen print) but the idea was so sort of stupid I dismissed it, but it's never left me...that doesn't mean it shoudl be written, but we'll see.

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Very cool Avatar Deb, and its always good to have the weekend off. Happily I have them all off . =D=

12. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks! I borrowed it from Siriwan-Kenobi. :)

What better way to get my first avatar than with a representation of Obi-Wan and Siri...Island style;) .

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    My update day and all I've written is 2 sentences of the next chapter.... NOT GOOD. This week has been strange. I'm getting far too involved in Doctor Who fandom again.

I need some Obi-Wan lovin' that will get me back into the right frame of mind to write his character...

14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Will this help?

[​IMG]

ruth baulding and hlc88 like this.
  15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  16. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Even prettier here...
    [​IMG]

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I love how his eyebrows curve sexily over his gorgeous eyes. [face_love]

18. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    ...freckle..... urgh...gah.......
    *** I'll be back when I regain the power of rational speech***

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    [​IMG]

Sexy Swagger, just down right sexy.

obimom likes this.
  20. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    He's like "yeah, I'm sexy and I know it!" [face_laugh]

21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    eh? But oh yes...even before I knew who Ewan was, I saw an article on the internet back when teh prequels were still being made when someone wrote that Ewan put the Sexy in SW...more so than Luke or even Han. Han does come close though...but nothing tops Ewan's Obi-Wan. [face_love]

22. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    It makes a good motto...

Ewan McGregor: Putting the sexy in Star Wars :D

obimom likes this.
  23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Is there a possibility that one of our creative photo geniuses could take a Ewan/Scarlett pic from the Island and put Jedi robes on them for a SiriWan portrait?

i would love to see that...serendipityaey ? What do you think?

24. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

LIke one (or all) of these? :D My romantic Siriwan heart wants to see that...a real image of Obi-Wan and Siri...and this is the closest we can come to with it being an animation, I think. I would love to see the last one (with his hand on her cheek...that would be so sweet, but also one with both of their faces showing, too).

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  25. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Thanks. I'm getting better now. :)

obimom: I love them!!!! [face_love][face_love] Have to borrow one of them as my new avatar. :D

obimom likes this.