main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Estora

Estora Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009

Lol, well, in my humble opinion... if I were an official SW writer, I'd have made particular mention to Cerasi, Siri, Taria, and Satine. All in the same sentence. And mention how much Annileen reminded him of all them. ;)

My fic is actually only on one of my more obscure Tumblr accounts! But I've looked it over and it isn't too naughty - I'll just tidy up some of the parts and post it here. ;) Awww, thank you! Don't stress about AO3, it isn't going anywhere. :D :D *hugs*

2. Estora

Dec 29, 2009
    Ahem. In honour of Annileen Calwell, the latest addition to Obi-Wan's plethora of secret girlfriends, I hereby present a small fic - a potential missing scene in John Jackson Miller's KENOBI. Hope you enjoy!
    Ben’s touch was strong, firm - igniting passions in her she hadn’t felt for years. Passions she hadn’t allowed herself to feel, not while Kallie and Jabe had been so young, but she’d known, hadn’t she? From the start? Ben was different. She’d trusted him even before she knew his name, and she trusted him now - losing her carefully established barriers and shields, letting him strip away her defences, as his mouth moved against hers.

He held back even as they came together. Annileen let her hands roam through his hair, down his back, as they danced together slowly, but she could tell his thoughts were straying, the indescribable grief that weighed in his eyes taking over.

"Shh," she urged, drawing his mouth down to meet hers. His beard was as tantalising as she’d imagined; bristly, but still soft as it rubbed against her lips.

"Anakin," he murmured, and Annileen hummed happily for a second - before abruptly pulling back to meet his blue eyes.

Anakin?” she repeated. “Who’s Anakin?”

Ben’s eyes cleared, and he focused on her with a wry smile. “Oh, forgive me,” he said reassuringly. “Did I pronounce your name incorrectly? It must be my accent.”

That was… reasonable, Annileen supposed. He did have a strange accent and the name did sound similar enough to hers…

She didn’t have time to think about it again, because Ben captured her mouth once more.

ruth baulding and serendipityaey like this.
  3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Estora You'll have to forgive my typos, just worked an 11 hour day! And in severe need of Obi lovin'. No chance you can send all those messy bits that need to be 'cleaned' up to me? :D there's not enough naughty in this world.

Good to know AO3 stuff will be waiting for me :) I have all my stuff on ff dot net...even though it probably breaks the rules...but ive been thinking about posting it on there.

It's funny, even with all those I can still fit my Aala into canon, though parts I suppose are debatable, it's getting quite crowded there though >.< Giggling and cringing at the same time... *hugs* back

4. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oops Obi! Lol.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hey - no spoilers, folks! (And what is Obi-wan doing thinking of Anakin while kissing a woman?!?[face_tee_hee])

My book arrived yesterday but the mailman stuffed it in my mailbox and I had to cut it out of the packaging to get it out of the mailbox! I did get a few chapters read...

6. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Please let me know how the book is and if it lives up to the Obi hype...I'll be getting it when it comes to the library so it won't be for awhile yet...but looking forward to it. :)

Nighters!!

7. Estora

Dec 29, 2009
    Lulz! ;) Haven't read the book myself yet - it's $42 here in Australia so I'm going to wait until a soft cover version comes out (because I'm too lazy to get myself an ereader). Let us know how it goes!!

8. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Well, i like it so far, but i'm only getting to the real action now. Will let u know for sure what i think (without spoilers, of course).

hlc88 likes this.
  9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So I've been promoted to Force Ghost status now... Does that mean I get to hang around in the netherworld of the Force with the sexy Obi-Wan? :D Providing of course he takes the appearance of young Obi from Episode 3... Mmmmm....

I've realised I've been registered here for a year now! I don't think I posted much on the temporary Obi-Wan thread on the temp boards so I just want to thank you guys for welcoming me here! You have all be great! And I look forward to many more years of chatting with you all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And because I feel like sharing I'm going to give you a few little hints about my Obi-Wan/Satine fic that I am slowly working on... In the spoiler tags in case you want to be surprised!

- Set two years after A Mother's Love.
    - The following The Clone Wars episodes will be adapted for this story: The Mandalore Plot, Corruption (yes, really, unfortunately, but I promise it won't involve tea, I'll try to make it more interesting!!), Nightsisters, Witches of the Mist, A Friend in Need, Revenge, Revival, Shades of Reason, The Lawless. Even if you've seen all of them they will be different. For example: for The Mandalore Plot Anakin and Ahsoka are there as well.
    - Obi-Wan and Satine's romance will be built up gradually over time, though they have been in contact via holo-call since the end of the clone wars in A Mother's Love, since the Council decreed that Jedi could have relationships.
    - Obi-Wan doesn't appear until Chapter 2.
    - The big bads of the story are currently planned to be Dooku, Ventress and Darth Maul and Savage Oppress.
    - Anakin learns that his deep bond with Obi-Wan could be problematic at certain times [face_devil]

I think that is probably enough for now though! I'm currently hand-writing out chapter 3. If I get to chapter 10 quickly then I may bit the bullet and start posting sooner.

ruth baulding and obimom like this.
  10. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    That was a nice slideshow hlc88. Thanks for making the heat wave here even worse...:p
    So how was everyone's (long in the USA) weekend? I read the Kenobi book in one long sitting and got stitches! Woo-hoo!
    Stopping in for a quick drool before going back to work...

hlc88 likes this.
  11. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    ruth baulding When it comes to Ewan/Obi... sometimes he can make hot days even better even if he makes your temperature rise! :p

It's really strange to think of you being at work at this time... here in the UK its half-past midnight! Which reminds me, I should really be in bed...!!!

12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    hlc88 that last bit makes my imagination run wild with all sorts of naughty possibilities! [face_love] lol

Worked about 40 hours total just on the long weekend, thank goodness it's over, I'm exhausted! If anyone's willing to give me as many spoilers as possible, I would be very grateful. Reading is a luxury for me and is really like to have an idea of it before I invest my time. *in a pm or hidden of course

hlc88 likes this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Finished! Up to - well - very, very late to do so (finish Kenobi). My thoughts: a good read verging on very good, a bit short of excellent. For those who've finished it:

1. Were you surprised/disappointed that Qui-Gon never once spoke to Obi-Wan?
    2. So, the "romance" - ok, it was nicely low key, no hot and heavy passion of an "unleashed Jedi no longer held by a defunct code." Obi-Wan was Obi-Wan, and quite frankly, I didn't get the feeling that he was much attracted to her as a romantic partner, although in another life he might have settled down comfortably with her. And I'm not convinced her feelings were terribly romantic, either - it was a lot of gratitude and fellow-companion and something different - the two would make a comfortable "old married pair," methinks.

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Hmmm.... Interesting... More spoilers!

15. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    To number one, yes. Could have been more there.... a breakthrough on that plane signifying a "problem" solved on the more pragmatic one.
    To number two, agreed, and I was pleasantly surprised. The human psychology was sound, and plausible.

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Spoilers don't bother me much, I guess unless someone posted a major twist or plot point that spoils a surprise or something, but spoilers that give some insight w/o giving away too much....no problem. Since I have to wait until I can get it at the Library, I can't help but read some spoilers now and again... thats ok though.

Jack the Giant Slayer IS on redbox...I have informed my son that the next evening my hubby works we are getting it. ;)

serendipityaey likes this.
  17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yay!! obimom

I don't have it or have time to read right now :( I have so many questions!!! I want to know

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Read and responded to your PM, serendipityaey

I'm a little nervous about the book because I don't know if the author did Obi justice...readers?

Val says "very good but just short of excellent" ....good like KM good? or

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I really need to get my hands on Kenobi it seems. :D

I feel that an evil laugh is needed here [face_devil]

20. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I'm taking my time with it, forcing myself to not read the book fast [face_laugh], and i'm enjoying it so far :D

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, the story is a quiet little character study and while Obi-Wan is a major player in it, he's not really the focus of the book, but a reflected focus in a way - it's fascinating to see life on Tat for "regular folks" and how this stranger's presence stirs the patterns of those lives. If you want Obi-Wan's POV, or anguish, or reflections on the past or hopes for the future - you'll be rather disappointed.

It does do Obi-Wan justice; it's just not "the" Kenobi story-centric story I was hoping for.

So, in that sense, it's nowhere near KM's books - but I wouldn't pass it up unless you want Wham! Bang! Swish! Action! with a side of Banter and Sarcasm.

Or to steal a simile from a review: Obi's the rock thrown into a pond and the ripples of his presence affects those around him.

ruth baulding, hlc88 and obimom like this.
  22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I like that....and it does make it a more intriguing read....I'll probably get it at the Library when avail.

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I might ask for it for Christmas then...

24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Well said, Val. It's a good read - I still prefer KM but that does not detract from this book's merits. It makes a good "Ol Western" yarn, too.

25. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I liked "Kenobi" well enough . . . I just wish there had been more, well, Kenobi in it. :p I give it a B+. I don't normally read SW books, so I was wondering . . . what does KM stand for? Is it something any Obi fan should read? As a yardstick, I did read the novelization to ROTS, and I loved it. I thought the take on Obi-Wan in that book was fabulous.

Sorry if this question is dense in any way . . . I just basically gave up on the EU some 20 years ago. :p