main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Karen Miller, an author. I think I gave up on the EU before I even started on it :p

ruth baulding likes this.
  2. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I would readily admit that I have only read books with Obi-Wan in them. Oh, and Shatterpoint. (Mace Windu being the protagonist there) Sorry for the abbreviatory confusion:p.
    If you are an Obi-Wan fan, though, (goes without saying here?) you might like Karen Miller's novels. Or not.
    You must do what you think is right, of course. ;)

obimom likes this.
  3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I am an Obi-Wan fan of ridiculous proportions. :p What are some novels that Karen Miller has written, if you don't mind my asking?

4. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    I’m still reading Kenobi. As far as the Karen Miller books go, I read and enjoyed Wild Space, but when Gambit: Stealth came out, I was told it sort of ended in a cliffhanger and if I wasn’t dying to read it, wait until closer until Siege was released. Somewhere along the way, I forgot all about it. That probably makes me a bad fan. :p
    I agree. The ROTS novelization is still my favorite. I'm guilty of often revisiting the book because I love Stover’s take.

serendipityaey likes this.
  5. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hello red rose knight, I assume you are the same author of the famous "A Jedi Shall Not Know Love"....I am so glad to see you here...I often recommend that wonderful heartrending story to Obi fans...

I read all the Karen's stories, to don't quite understand why they are considered only a two parter and Wild Space is considered a stand alone...well, I do, bec. Wild Space was it's own story and then the Gambit books, Stealth and Seige came out, they began shortly after the events of Wild Space, often referring to those events, and Obi-Wan still suffers the affects of what happened to him in Wild Space, so I think of them all as one series...

ANYWAY>...I loved all three books, and as Val told me, they are a must read for anyone who is a huge Obi-Wan fan...

and like Ruth, I read only those books with Obi in them (true with FF as well), very seldom am I able to get into a story that Obi isn't in.

6. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Ridiculous implies a disproportion between admiration and object. So there is no such thing where Obi-Wan is concerned.!!
    Karen Miller:
    Wild Space
    Gambit: Stealth
    Gambit :Siege
    All three written as CW tie ins, very Obi-centric.

7. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    obimom, I am one and the same.

From the sounds of it, I have some reading to catch up on, once I get Kenobi finished, though that's been rather slow going for some reason.

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

We need more Obi-centric novels.

Preferably, for me, ones that focus on Anakin's apprenticeship with Obi-Wan. I don't really count the Jedi Quest books as good enough material.

And I think I'm going to have to re-read Karen Miller's books again after the next three I have on my list for reading material.

9. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh wow red rose knight, I loved that big trilogy you did, where Qui Gon lived and Obi-Wan had and he had a falling out, etc, Obi-Wan ended up with another apprentice. So amazing.

Haven't even gotten Kenobi yet, I was waiting for more reviews. And ROTS is a great take too.

10. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Agreed!

naw ibo . . . Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time. ;)

naw ibo likes this.
  11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh Yeah..the triliogy!! If it's the one I'm thinking abou t, that was also totally awesome...gees...something else to add to my re-reading list. I'm already re-reading Ruth's LIneage series. red rose knight, if you haven't already, check out Ruth Bauldings writings on FF...awesome stuff. :)

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Page 2! People...people...people. We need to keep Obi on top (though I'm sure he's great in any position).

13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh just the smile I needed right now.

As a studious Jedi I'm sure he wouldn't discriminate against any position. Where's that post where I pick out select quotes from his wiki/wookiee page...

14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy Scot : Thanks for the lift, Val...:)

Val, have you seen Serpent's Kiss? If so, what did you think? Also, that scene where he is walking toward the fountain..didn't he look like a young knight Kenobi in that? That's what struck me...and then he was wet (and green) ...but still wet...

I just saw it twice recently...and LOVED it. [face_love]

15. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Riiight. Obi-Wan on top.
    There's a happy notion to start a weekend upon.
    Come to think of it here is the only place in canon which inspires me with ENVY of Anakin.

[​IMG]

obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm not sure he likes being on the bottom much at all, poor guy. Though he might be more persuadable with someone a bit nicer...

[​IMG]

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Deb, no, I haven't seen that movie. And Obi's been - er, pleasantly - topped off by a woman or two in some fics I know, even some that haven't seen the light of day (let's just say I was sort of co-writing with someone - it was HER story all the way but I'd contribute passages and stuff but she had control of the story, plot and characters - it was dang good, but I think she's given up on it. It was more like something that Ash would write except perhaps a bit steamier in spots - only in spots, mind you.)

I should see if I can reach her and get permission to share (privately) because I think she's out of the fandom now. It was a Sabewan story spanning a good span of time.

katie9918 likes this.
  18. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Aw, that sounds fantastic Valairy Scot! I really hope you can get ahold of her

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    And steamier???? Really?? Be still my heart! [face_love] I don't think you've seen my Obi/Cody/OC [face_blush] Well it was a 'dream' so maybe it doesn't count...

I have to admit he has been pleasantly topped off by Aala a time or two...even with binders...

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Binders!? [face_shame_on_you][face_laugh]

I'm sorry, but I just don't see Obi-Wan into the binders thing. I think Xan is the only one who has such thoughts - but apparently Ash and her alter ego disagree.

I see Obi-Wan as a very gentle and considerate lover - but then, you know, um - uh - test rides and all - check the performance and - nah, not going there. Or did I already?

Bad Valairy. Slaps wrists. But no binders.

21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He was accosted while recovering, he had little choice but to go along for the ride... And he was very gentle and considerate, even with his hands, erm, binded. And with his good-nature decided he might as well enjoy it since he wasn't going anywhere...

You misread, he was the one...not at the top of the list...for this particular turn

22. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I actually promised, and started (one sentence) of him 'returning the favor' - to be the one doing the binding, but you're right, I just can't quite seem to get Obi to go there, even with someone he loves as much as Aala. It's been sitting for at least a year and a half if not longer. Obi is too sweet :)

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    serendipityaey - where is this story?? Is it posted?

I just saw the last hour of The Island _ Love our cable deal we have, even though it may be temporary...but I can find a Ewan move playing often now...probably five out of seven days there is a Ewan movie on..so now when hubby is not at home, the first thing I do is scan the channels...and I'm frequently finding a Ewan movie in progress...I may get to watch only the last part of a move I've seen several times already..but hey...it's Ewan..[face_love]

but anyway...looking at the love scene in The Island as Obi-Wan and Siri, he was both on top and on bottom, and didn't seem to mind it either way...;)

24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    It's the last chapter of Dozen on ff dot net. I see you found it! Thank you! *hugs* :D Tho it's a bit f a crazy scenario I did try really hard to keep them both in character, I put a lot of thought into it and a lot of set up, more than usual :)

The scene in The Island is perfection, and they are so great together. Love picturing young Obi and Siri!

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Actually, already found it....[face_blush]

serendipityaey likes this.