main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. BeridanOok

BeridanOok Jedi Padawan

Jun 24, 2013
    The battle of Jabiim was one of my favorite stories from the CW. It was the first time that Anakin as a used the Force choke.

hlc88 likes this.
  2. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    red rose knight -- yes, there can never be too much wet Obi-Wan.

And I'm not brave enough to tackle canonicity. I have a fondness for both and/or Satine/ Siri myself and have had a great deal of fun writing backstory fanfic for either one of those purported relationships. And as for the CW timeline, lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
    But I do recommend Val's post -Jabiim stories to anyone who hasn't read them or wants a good long h/c read.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3389500/1/What-the-Heart-Hides

hlc88 and obimom like this.
  3. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I've read them twice...am reading the Lineage series again, but I do want to read Val's Jabiim stories again.

This week at work I met a rep from one of the clients I represent...he's from Scotland and very nice. I told him my fav. actor is from Scotland, and he immediately guessed Sean Connery. I said no, Ewan McGregor...he said "Yeah, he's a good guy"...then he asked me if I'd seen ...and he named off several of his movies...all of which I could say yes. He told me Ewan was going to be in some kind of Star Wars thing in a couple weeks..I'm not sure what he was talking about and things got busy so we couldn't talk anymore. Has anyone heard of anything SW that is coming up involving Ewan?

It was fun talking to him...his brogue is so thick it's sometimes a little hard to understand him, but I enjoyed talking to him very much.

hlc88 likes this.
  4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    No Star Wars thing has been officially announced that I've heard of :)

5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

Ohhhhh yes! Hair slicked back wet Obi-Wan Kenobi, and that intense look in those grey blue eyes, mmmm... [face_love]

ruth baulding likes this.
  6. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Yup. That's good enough for a Sunday night, too. =P~

serendipityaey likes this.
  7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes! Or good enough for every night! I'm a little late to the game. Besides I'm working weekends so Friday is like my Sunday night and Sunday is more like my Friday night and point of view and all that. I love that drool face but I can't make it in my phone!

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I will be embarking on my first ever 13 hour night shift tomorrow... as a student before I qualify I need practice whilst on placement... I'm trying to think of ways that would keep me awake until home time which will be 9am in the morning!!! Gah!!!! And then wake enough to drive home!!! If I get any McGregors through I know I will be thinking of Ewan!!!

I did watch a Ewan film the other day... The Ghost (The Ghost Writer?) I quite enjoyed that... Didn't think I would but I liked it.

Though I still prefer him as Obi-Wan... Yum...

9. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Brace yourselves....
    I have twin daughters, one of whom has an Obi-Wan shrine plastered over her bed, (apple does not fall far from tree) and the other of whom has jumped on the teen hipster appropriation of My Little Pony.
    This divergence of taste occasions much bickering and many snide remarks.
    Until NOW, and this unholy melding of two worlds which never should have met:

[​IMG]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Though I do note with a smile that the "cutie mark" adorning said stallion's rump is a "no droids" insignia.
    Well, that's all. I shall allow the blasphemy to speak for itself.

obimom likes this.
  10. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    That might be blasphemous, but My Little Pony Obi is just cute. :p

11. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Nooooo!!!! Not My Little Pony!!! That has already invaded my Doctor Who fandom... does it have to invade Star Wars fandom too? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

12. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Well yes, after I posted it, I looked again and had to admit that he IS sort of cute.... I mean, look at the pert arch of his tail and the furrowed brow (!)
    But, I ask you, is nothing sacred???:p

obsessedwithSW likes this.
  13. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I shall nobly refrain from any remarks about riding lessons.
    Ahem.

14. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Oh, you had to say that....

15. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Riding lessons!!!

Does he have a no Artoo brand/tattoo? Lol. I'm not big on tattoos but I kinda like the thought of playing find the tattoo on Obi...

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ruth, I love it!! My son is a Brony!!! You should see all the t-shirts, posters, pony related music, etc that he has. And two (grown men) at work are also bronies and my son has attended a local brony-con with one of these men. Yes, it's real....

My favorite (until the Obi - Pony) fan names pony has been Dr. Whoves...I have a key chain...

No blasphemy here....it's a tribute to all Bronies who love the ponies and Obi-Wan....:D

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Not a tattoo - it's called a cutie mark, and all ponies get them when they become aware of what their special talent is, so in Obi-Ponies case...the cutie mark on him isn't so indicative of his talent...but maybe he has a very big talent,:D

ANYWAY....the cutie mark should have been a lightsaber or something like that. But I realize the artist was making a joke re: Obi's aversion to droids....:D

Yes, you can thank my now eighteen year old son for my knowledge of Ponies (and bronies), but the show is very well done...that's part of why it has caught on so much.

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Son saw the Obi-Wan and my comments, and found these.

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

ruth baulding likes this.
  20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Hellllooooo There... [:D]
    [​IMG]

21. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    I love that picture. [face_love] That smile!

Speaking (rather typing) of "Hello There", for years I had that as the incoming mail notification on my work computer. I was my own administrator and had my own office so I could do things like that. I even had lightsaber sound f/x when scrolling, until even I got tired of that. I'm no longer at that job and don't have the freedom I once had. So recently, I set it up on my iPhone for incoming mail. Most people have no idea it's Obi-Wan and just think it's a cute little greeting. I was in a bookshop a couple of days ago and was paying for a book (a used Star Wars book) when an email came in. The girl at the register looked at the book she was holding, then at my phone and asked if she heard what she thought she heard: Obi-Wan saying "Hello There". I couldn't help but smile and say yes.

22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I would so love to have Obi-Wan as my ring-tone or message alert but I have no clue how to do it lol!

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I think I had that as well when I used to sign on to AOL, and all those other SW sounds and and images :) Or maybe it was old Ben saying something or other when I signed off. So long ago! That's funny it came on when you were buying that book ;)

24. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow, sure is quiet in here.

I'd post an Obi-Wan wake up picture but I"m using son's lap top and there is a different way to copy/paste urls and I haven't figured it out yet.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :)

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    So I'm writing out Chapter 4 of 'A Jedi's Love' of my Obi-Wan/Satine fic... How much of the Jedi would Satine know about considering Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan protected her for a year? Would she know about Jedi bonds between Master and Apprentices? I'm sure Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon would have used theirs in front of her... I'm thinking she would have done if she had spent a lot of time in their company....

(I'm really enjoying writing out this fic though! I really want to start posting it!!! But I'm going to wait...)