main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Always fast forward that boring :p pod race.

obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Lol. Or all of Tatooine...I'd rather be in that ship, adjusting his hyperdrive.

obimom, ruth baulding and Gkilkenny like this.
  3. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    And press pause to drool over Obi-Wan.=P~

obimom and ruth baulding like this.
  4. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    hi everyone.[:D] i'm baaaaack! sorry for my absence,but i have been having problems with my old browser.it was making like Cookie Monster.always asking for cookies,not the edible type though.but i gound this browser that works well.so now i'm back.:)

looks like i missed a lot.have to backtrack.

5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
  6. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_rofl] Adjusting his hyperdrive!!

Yeah, that technical manual is way more engrossing than the podrace. Too bad we don't have a "meanwhile back at the ranch" scene during the Boonta Eve Classic.

obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  7. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I always fast forward most of tatooine and the pod race too, and anything else that doesn't directly involve Obi-Wan...in all three movies...although there were scene with Qui-Gon I do like and will stop to watch them (even if Obi isn't in it). I do like Liam Neeson...just not as much as Ewan.

But I thought that You Tube guy had some great ideas, and it was nice seeing that there are others out there besides us Obi-Wan fangirls who thinks the movies should have been more about Obi-Wan. I liked his reasoning for it too.

8. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    hi! it's
    good to be back.you seem to be discussing the podraces in TPM.i have the tendency to bypass those scenes.i always fast forward to the lightsaber battle between Obiwan and Darth Maul.

Valairy Scot and serendipityaey like this.
  9. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Since the remote is generally in my boys' hands anyhow, those lightsaber scenes get watched over and over and over and over and over....
    And they think I'm so tolerant because I don't complain. :D

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Now that Star Wars: Episode VII is annouced to come out December, 18th 2015. We still doesn't know if Ewan is going to play the Obi-ghost. What do you guys think about that? Will you guys like to see him in the new Star Wars movie?

I will definetly like to see him in the new movie, it will be great. *Dreaming Ewan in the new SW movie.....* =P~[face_love]

serendipityaey likes this.
  11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I would LOVE to see Ewan come back as the new Obi-ghost, but I don't know if that will happen. It would be great though...I'm ambivalent about the new movies, but if I knew Ewan was going to be in them...then yes, I'd be very excited about it adn that would be my deciding factor on watching the new movies.

Otherwise...maybe I'd watch them...eventually...;)

What I really hope is that they never do a reboot of the movies...that could take Ewan out of them totally, and I wouldn't go for that at all...

The prequels may have flaws, but their saving grace is they have Ewan...[face_love]

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ewan for Force Ghost Obi-Wan! If Anakin can be young as a Force Ghost then so can our Obi-Wan! :D

I'n currently reading Kenobi and I am engrossed in it. It's very enjoyable for me. Loving every single word of it so far.

Gkilkenny and serendipityaey like this.
  13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I saw recently that Ewan has not been talked to - if that's true, he at least won't be in this first one. Which is sad! But understandable for a new director wanting his movie to stand out on its own, I think. I am excited for the movies because of the director, JJ Abrams is fantastic, creative and takes risks - and he's also fantastic with strong female leads, which Star Wars is sorely lacking (Alias was just brilliant, and one of the best female characters on tv) So I'm hopeful.

I truly don't believe Old movies will be redone - NO director would take on GL in that way. At least not in the next few lifetimes and there's so many other SW ideas to puck from, no need too :)

Ewan should just get his own movie. Heck, his own planet!

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Gosh the typos in that are atrocious

15. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    if they only knew the true reason,huh,Ruth? ;)

i am waiting for my copy of Kenobi to arrive.i hope they make a movie out of it.

16. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]Ha! I'm just n aficionado of .... good choreography. Yeah.
    And it's Friday, which deserves some celebration [face_dancing][face_party]
    And a picture for technical appreciation of footwork.

17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    My Friday needs brightening! Blah.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. Pics of course [face_love][face_love][face_love]
    [​IMG]

18. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oi Vey!!!!=P~ =P~
    I'm telling you, some things just get better with age.
    *pours wine for self, to enhance viewing*
    Happy Friday Ash!

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I know, right?? I can hardly breathe when I look at this pic. What a guy. Happy Friday to you as well!

ruth baulding likes this.
  20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    And just when I think I love him SO MUCH, as much as I can.. I hear he took time between shooting his movie last week to visit small school children, talk to them all and do a makeshift opening for their new little garden gazebo. I mean...C'mon McGregor!!! You're killing me.

21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
  22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Where was this, and what movie is he shooting. The one with Johnny Depp? Mordecai?

Love both pics...I haven't gotten to browse lately....very busy

ruth baulding - I"m enjoying rereading L6 very much...I love that your writing is such that rereading reveals more to the reader than the first reading...especially in light of knowing what happens in future books...that's some awesome writing.

And I see I have two new chapters to read, one from you and one from Ash.

Maybe I have the time to get them in real quick?

Off to find out. :)

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He was in Hampstead. The teachers heard he was there and asked a pa if he would be able to stop by, and he did and went to every classroom. And yes he's been filming Mordecai in England for awhile now. You should really get a twitter!! Nothing better than waking up to a message directly from him about what he's doing ;)

I hope you like my latest chapter obimom :)

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Those pics of him are fantastic and its true about twitter and instagram. To wake up and connect to them and see what is happening first hand with our favourite star, is awesome and when he answers your tweets just makes you melt right Ash?:D

25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes, every time he's talked to me....just wonderful. I am a lucky girl.

I could use that right now. My team is playing horrible and losing, all out season hopes going down the drain, I'm just gutted :(