main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Here is too a FANTASTIC 2014 for everyone!!!! :D

It's not started well for me this year... Consequently right before Xmas my uncle was diagnosed with kidney cancer and its already spread... so that dampened the holiday season, and today my nan phoned to tell us that her husband, my granddad, has said that he thinks he is on the way out... Apparently his lungs are full of fluid and you can hear it when he breathes... So yeah a good start to 2014 for me...

I just hope that there is some good Obi-Wan/Ewan goodness coming this year...

2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Happy New Year everybody! [:D]

Really sad to hear that, hlc88. [:D] Hope that you'll feel better. :)

hlc88 likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear that, hic88. I hope things get better for you.

hlc88 likes this.
  4. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks for the support everyone [:D]

5. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    really sorry to hear that.cancer sucks! lost my dad and two elder sisters to cancer.my tablet had sustained a few cracks on the screen.still finctions,but the keypads is somewhat affected.got a new android phone for Christmas.

oh,speaking of Ewan,i just watched Angels and Demons last night.:)

obimom and hlc88 like this.
  6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Thanks.

I hope your tablet will be ok!

And for anyone interested the first two chapters of 'A Jedi's Love' my Obi-Wan/Satine fic has been posted under my account on fanfiction. net. https://www.fanfiction.net/~thewriter1988 if anyone is interested.

7. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks, Val! And the same to you and everyone!

So I went into work yesterday. We have large screen TVs in the main floor, mostly to monitor activity for our business, but on weekend they will have regular TV on, usually sports, and later they were playing the play offs, but when I first went in, "Attack of the Clones" was on the large screen. I had to get upstairs, but I just had to stop and ogle a moment at wet Obi-Wan before I did so.

I mentioned the movie to a co-worker and how I just had to stop and look at Obi for a moment, and he said, "Yeah, we were just talking about how awesome Obi-Wan was in those movies. How McGregor did such a geat job with him, and that Obi-Wan is probably the greatest Jedi who ever lived."

It was gratifying hearing such high praise, and from a guy too, outside of this forum. It's nice we're not the only ones to appreciate what Ewan brought to the role and what Obi-Wan means to the whole series. :)

Gkilkenny and hlc88 like this.
  8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    He is also in agreement that the first movie should have been more about the relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and less about Anakin. To him, the first movie was mostly a waste.

WE talked about how if they had centered on their relationship, then when Anakin did finally make it into the movie (much later than originally), the impact of Qui-Gon choosing Anakin over Obi-Wan, even though to good intentions, but still hurtful to Obi-Wan, would have had a much deeper emotional impact. As it was, we really didn't get the feel of their relationship to care that much originally. It wasn't until I read teh JA books that I felt more of the impact of Qui-Gon's choices.

Michael agreed totally. And this is besides the other guy at work who is a big fan of Ewan McGregor.

Gkilkenny likes this.
  9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Personally, I think the PT's hero and main character is but should've been even more than what we were given, Obi-Wan. Given the circumstances I think Ewan did great. :D

Gkilkenny, ruth baulding and obimom like this.
  10. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Greetings...My first post in the Fanclub. :p

Has anyone heard any news regarding the potential for one of the forthcoming spin-off films of revolving around Obi-Wan?

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Welcome!

I haven't heard anything official, but Ewan has expressed interest in playing Obi-Wan again, and several of us would love to see the new Kenobi book made into a stand alone movie.

Hopefully Disney will find some way to bring Ewan back a Obi-Wan. :)

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  12. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    That is great to hear that Ewan is interested. His Ob-Wan is very dear to me. I just started the audio book version of Kenobi this morning.

I wonder as well if we may see an animated version of Obi-Wan in the Rebels TV series coming out next fall?

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah...animated Obi-Wan is fine, but it isn't Ewan...;)

He definitely wants to play Obi-Wan again (and I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it), but I also know he doesn't want to be typecast in it. But there is no fear of that...he has branched himself out enough in movies, it's really not likely.

I just know if they have thoughts of doing a Obi-Wan movie with anyone but Ewan...they shouldn't bother, in my opinion.

If you didn't already figure it out, my avatar from the Island is actually representative of Obi-Wan and Siri here. There are several videos of clips from "The Island" being merged with clip from SW to make an Obi-Wan/Siri video. Good stuff there.

Gkilkenny likes this.
  14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I was curious if there's any good strong stories that focus on Obi? Please don't rec the JA series. I really don't care for how Qui is painted in it.

15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    in FF, Ruth Baulding has written an aweseme rewrite of the JA series, she is very very talented...her stories are better then the JA series. More adult themes, darker and also at times funny. She has Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's relationship down to perfection..and they are extremely fun to read.

They're written in a series..the first series is called Lineage, and there are 11 books, and she just started a sequel series call Legacy. The first book is up and she is working on the second book now.

I can't begin to say how good these stories are...they are every bit as good, and in many cases better than published stories.

You can find them on FF.net...https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3380015/ruth-baulding.

She has written lots of Obi-Wan stories, check them out. Growing Pains are a series of short chapters that take place in between many of the events of Lineage, etc.

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, ObiMom. I bookmarked and glanced at the first one of the series. She does seem very talented and my kind of writer so far regarding detail and such. :)

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    No problem...she's a regular on here too.

Hey, ruth baulding ! :D

Any way I forgot to mention, there's lot of angst in them too...

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks for the head's up. I am a drama and detail person myself. :)

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I second Ruth.

And add Serendipity something-or-other plus hic88, although I'm sure I left off a few fantastic authors...I haven't been keeping up with the boards much lately (time - not enough time).

Oh, also...QueenYoda...man, she has really matured as a writer.

They're all the writers I want to be when I grow up (except I'm already by far the oldest).

serendipityaey likes this.
  20. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    That's it. Changing my name to Something-or-other! ^_^

21. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
  22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, Val. :) I'm just getting my desire to write back so I'm in research mode. :D Hi there, Serene. Nice to meet you. *Shakes hand*

23. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    I did feel that voice actor James Arnold Taylor did a phenomenal portrayal in The Clone Wars TV series. I was a late fan of that show, just discovering it in the last couple of years. Supposedly we may soon see some pending bonus material episodes, which would hopefully come before Rebels, and I suppose Obi-fans next chance to at least see him on the small screen.

Thanks to serendipityaey for the kind welcome. :)

24. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yes, there are many fantastic authors here...Serendipityaey being one, HLC88, and Val, don't sell yourself short. Valairy Scot has written some fantastic stories as well, and there are many others, but like Val, I've lost track of many of them...my time being so much more limited than it was. ...

All these stories are strong, Obi centric stories...

Welcome, Ananta Chetan and Dooku-Darklighter...happy perusing!! :)

serendipityaey and Ananta Chetan like this.
  25. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001

I'll just have the screen replaced. I'm interested in your fanfiction.will go check it out.i was a bit disappointed that Clone Wars did not follow up on the death of Satine story arc.like a funeral,if Bo Katarn planned tp avenge her in some waysor the comsequences of Obiwan's unsunctioned visit to Mandaloria.those kind of things.not to mention Darth Sidious assignment for Darth Maul at the end of the episode.