main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Aye! Realized no one had posted in the Obi thread in awhile so I came up with an awesome character question and then come to post...and find I've missed pages while the boards decide not to notify me again! *rolls eyes*

And I want to contribute...and can't find my muse :eek: Anyone see...er...it? The last time we did this I had tons of ideas, and now nothing :(

Congrats on anniversary Gkilkenny ! Celebrated mine in the 7th. Feb is a good month :)

2. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Obi-Wan crossed his arms, waiting and watching as Ky took a tentative step forward. The King Dragon looked just about as impressed as Obi-Wan felt, his big reptilian eyes slanted toward the other prince.

"I - er," Ky started, his voice cracking. He cleared his throat. "Now see here!"

If a dragon could look utterly underwhelmed, this one did. He snorted, a puff of hot air shooting from his nostrils, the force of it knocking Ky on his rear.

Obi-Wan looked down at him with the lift of one brow. "Good job."

obimom, ruth baulding and Eryndil like this.
  3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like how someone reviews my fic and basically tells me to use Siri and not Satine for Obi-Wan's romance.

Yeah... nope... not gonna happen.

I'm not going to write a character I don't know am I? Or have any source material of.

4. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    That kind of review is really pointless - it's all about their personal preference and not constructive. They might as well say that you should write about Han Solo rather than Obi-Wan!

obimom, ruth baulding and hlc88 like this.
  5. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    That is so true! Eryndil

I like to think that I can make it work with Satine... who knows? I really need to start posting that story on here... but I haven't yet though its on my FF.Net account.

6. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Just carry on, hlc88 -- all our imaginations are different - and if they weren't there would be no pleasure in reading another person's stories. To expect fiction to conform entirely to our own "take" on a theme is counterproductive. I'm sure there are plenty who will enjoy your tale...

hlc88 likes this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Write what your heart says, hlc88. [:D]Variance of taste and approach is wonderful. :)

hlc88 and ruth baulding like this.
  8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Uuurgh... just played an all day racquetball tournament with a severe head cold, and got creamed ....

This about sums it up: :p
    [​IMG]

hey! we all have a bad day sometimes!
    Limping off to bed now.... would contribute to the fairy tale but my brain is in the same sorry condition! How does it end?

serendipityaey likes this.
  9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Hope you rest well, Ruth. :)

10. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Ash serendipityaey, your contribution was fantastic! I think we're coming close to the end, but I would love to see more from you before it does

Eryndil I personally prefer Siri mainly because she was the first love I read for Obi, from the JA books, but Ruth wrote an absolutely fantastic story with Obi and Satine a year or so ago and I loved it and Ash wrote a love store with Obi and an OC that was so well written she sold me on it. I would never tell someone they should only write Siri, even though she would be what I would choose, there are so many great ideas out there and FF has such a wide range of possibilities. Don't worry about one review that tries to box you in to one character.

ruth baulding - I'll pm you later today about my idea for the ending and you can let me know what you think. I got this idea almost from the very start.

Later - going to fix Sunday b-fast. :)

hlc88 and serendipityaey like this.
  11. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Cushing's Admirer -- thanks, I sure did! I'll be devoting my day to Tylenol and fanfic....:p
    obimom - fire away! Oh, no pun intended.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Ruth: Sounds like a great plan. Glad it went well last night. :)

13. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    I think this was a reply to hlc88 but I agree entirely :)

hlc88 and serendipityaey like this.
  14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yes, sorry, it was hlc88, I got a little mixed up. [face_blush]

Ruth, I'm doing it now, and I'm glad you're writing today, I've been waiting for an Armistice update, plus the next installment of Legacy!! :D

15. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    obimom -- I am determined to finish Armistice today!!!
    Val's been beta-ing Legacy - well, I mean, she did the parts I drafted. I'm looking forward to getting back to that project. And yes, Siri gets a mention..or two.

16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! It feels good to know that everyone here can at least respect each people's opinions and views!

Certainly, though I read Jedi Apprentice when I was a lot younger, I sold the books long ago and have no recollection of a Siri/Obi-Wan romance in the books so it is difficult for me to equate her with Obi-Wan. Satine was my first real foray into the idea of Obi-Wan having a romantic interest. Definitely several people here such as ruth baulding and obimom write different romances for Obi-Wan in very convincing ways. The few Siri/Obi-Wan stories - especially Valairy Scot 's Hearts series from Jabiim is excellent as it does tackle that very subject of Obi-Wan and Siri in the midst of a terrible situation and it is pulled off spectacularly.

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm glad you are of brighter spirits, hlc88. :) In my personal experience not only do tastes vary in romantic pairings but likewise in how a reader prefers the approach of such handled. Yet, speaking as a writer, I think it is best to follow your heart. Yes, respecting the intended audience is good but ultimately the decisions are the writer's. It is indeed nice that those here respect differing and individual views and tastes. :)

I never saw Obi-Wan as the sort to have romantic relationships due to how he and the order is presented. I know fanfic is all about 'what if' but it's a tough sell for me. Yes, I absolutely think Obi is worthy and that he'd be a fine mate but it seems not to suit his dedication to the Order. As long as I found the story and presentation feasible I don't think I'd care who he was with. I don't follow any of the cannon 'ships in SW.

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    The book by Jude Watson that actually tells of Obi-Wan and Siri's love was called I think "Secrets of the Jedi"…but because she kept it on an adolescent level, many of us was not very satisfied with how it turned out, hence the myriad renditions of their relationship in FF ;)

Just an FYI, incase you didn't know. :)

19. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I did not no, thank you. I believe I read part of that book but I was interested in Dooku at the time. :p

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    As Val had often said, there are many different possibilities of expanded versions of Obi-Wan's life, love and otherwise and that's what I love most about fanfiction. Writing and reading all those possible explorations. And as ruth baulding said, it's great that we all have such different ideas, I think it makes it fun. I quite enjoy seeing other people's take on Obi romance, whether subtle or full or somewhere in between, and like obimom I think all the writers here sell it well. Personally I like to see Obi rise to the challenge of caring for someone special and remaining committed to the Order and it's ideals in theory. One possibility out of many. And as obimom has enjoyed my OC tho she writes Siri, I have also VERY much enjoyed her Siri tho I write OC. Keep your head up hlc88 - you're above that review! I wish everyone could have a bit more of an open mind when it comes to fanfic. I know that kind of review feels tho. Hugs!

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I like possibilities as well especially if handled well. All I was saying was that going by the why the Order is presented in the films, romance seems very unlikely for a Jedi like Obi.

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    The Dragon , finally fed up and ready to just kill everyone, grabbed Siri who shreaked and bit at him, fighting to get out of his grasp. The Dragon stood up, opening his mouth to shoot flames of fire at everyone. Everyone shrunk back in fear, except for Prince Obi-Wan.

"Wait!" Obi-Wan shouted

He then says something like. "King Dragon, I ask you, please spare Siri and do not destroy all these people." He went down to one knee, laying his sword before him. "If you will spare Princess Siri and allow her to remain in her kingdom, I will go in her place. I will be your slave and your servant. I only ask that you also spare all the people, leave our kingdoms, never to return."

the Dragon put Siri down as he squinted at Obi in surprise.

"You would lay your life down for the Princess and all these people? Why should I take you instead of the most beautiful Princess in all the kingdoms to be my servant?"

"I love her, Your Majesty, and I can't bear the thought of her being imprisoned for all her life. And the people are innocent, they do not deserve such judgment as you would impose upon them. Just think of the glory you would receive by taking the Prince of the most powerful kingdom in the realm as your slave. Take me, I will be your servant. "

"I could take you both," the Dragon mused, "then you could be together in my realm."

"No, I couldn't bear it. Princess Siri is needed here in her kingdom, and I could not live, knowing she were a prisoner in your lair, even if I were by her side. Let her live her life, even marry Prince Ky if she should choose."

Ky perked up at that.

"Yeah! What he said! Take him and she can be with me!"

Princess Siri glared at Ky. "Never! Obi-Wan you can't do this!"

Obi-Wan looked at her sadly, "I can and I will"

King Qui-Gon worriedly spoke. "My son, do you know what you are doing?"

Siri grabs his arms. "No! I can't let you go."

He turned to her with a pleading look "Trust me."

After some musing, the dragon relented. "Very well. You make a compelling argument to take a Powerful Prince into my lair as a slave instead of the Princess of a lesser kingdom, even if she is very pleasant to look at. And I must admit, you have your own charms as well.

"Not a bad trade off," the dragon thoughtfully mused.

"I agree. I will take you. Princess Siri may go back to her own kingdom and I will spare the people. Come, slave, it's time to depart."

Obi-Wan bowed deeply to the dragon. He turned to his father and says some farewell, King Qui is standing, stunned at this turn of events.

He started to turn to Siri, but she stamps her foot and screams. "NO!"

Everyone, including the Dragon, stares at her in surprise. "I will not let you do this, Obi-Wan!" She storms toward him.

"Do you think I could ever be happy when I know my true love is enslaved? I could not live without my Prince, and I will not live with HIM!" She glared at Prince Ky, who looked offended.

"Hey! I'm not so bad, once you get to know me"

Siri turned to the Dragon, "It was me you wanted at first. The Kingdom of Jedi needs Prince Obi, the people need him. I cannot let him do this."

She in turn, bowed to one knee and laid her sword down. "Take me, not him. It was me you wanted at the start anyway."

"Why, Princess Siri, are you willing to come now when you would fight to the death against me before?" The dragon asked her.

"I love Prince Obi, and I love the people of this realm. The kingdoms would get along without me, but not without the Crown Prince. He is to rule our kingdoms some day, and he will be a wise and prudent ruler, just like his father. I cannot let him be taken." She bowed her head. "I will go willingly."

Queen Adi, who had shown up finally, cried out. "Siri, No!"

Obi-Wan gazed at her pleadingly, "Siri, please.."

"My mind is made up, Obi-Wan." Tears were now streaming down her face. "I love you, My Prince, with all my heart, but the people need you."

The Dragon rose himself up, and a great roar broke the stillness of the twilight and caused everyone's murmurings to be silenced.

Prince Obi and Princess Siri stood side by side, waiting their fate. Would the Dragon now just kill them all?

He giant King grumbled, a low moan sounded deeply within him. He slowly lumbered a step forward, then fell to the ground, resting on his giant claws. His head slowly bowed to Obi and Siri, as this two minions looked on astonished. He glared back at them, and they too fell to their haunches, bowing to the Prince and Princess.

Finally the Dragon spoke. "I am defeated. You have proven yourself to be pure in heart, and you have proven true love" He said to Obi-Wan. Then to Siri he said, "What I did not expect was that the Princess would also prove her pure heart and true love. Your kingdoms will be strong in the power of your love. We will not interfere while your rule remains."

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I wasn't specifically addressing anything you said. :) I can most definitely see a solitary Obi as one quite real possibility. Personally - the Obi I see is high on compassion, friendliness and caring - he connects well with people and I think quite capable at keeping his duty while having some sort of special person in his life - one possibility, and a likely one to me based on the qualities I see in his character. But I enjoy reading all types of different possibilities, I just don't like to see him sad. If I could give him a hug, that would be okay, lol! But I can't hug him, don't want him too sad.

24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
  25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Suddenly Ky stepped forward.

"How about me? They're not the only ones who can be all noble and self sacrificing. I'll go in their place!"

The dragon huffed as he appraised him. "Not as appealing a choice for slave, but Gargantua seems to like you. Very well you are accepted."

The minion dragon behind him grinned in delight as his mighty tail thumped on the ground with a thunderous clap.

The King Dragon eyes his minion warningly. "You take care of your new pet, you hear? I don't want to see another mess like last time!"

The minion nodded his head mutely as he scooped up his new pet and fawned him lovingly.

"Wait! Wait! Mess! What Mess?" he whined. "You let them off cause they proved them selves…! Wait I didn't mean it, let me go you big oaf! Ewww…get that nasty tongue off my face! Obi-Wan help! "