Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Nanuk Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, if you get around to see or read it, tell me how you liked it, please. :)
  2. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    All right. :) Thank you for being receptive to my thoughts on Ewan. :)
  3. ruth baulding Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    [IMG]
    I just love this!!!! First day of spring break here... *totters off to make tea*
    serendipityaey and Nanuk like this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    That's adorable! [face_laugh]

I saw some of Long Way Round last night before bed. Not what I expected but very insightful. I discovered Ewan can make me laugh. :D
    Nanuk likes this.
  5. Nanuk Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awwwwww, @ruth, that's lovely! Thanks for sharing!
  6. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    I think perhaps Ewan may have done better in sorting and conveying what he desired if he'd given himself some time to process what he experienced first. The outtake where he just couldn't find his words really showed that for me. He looked so worn down I wanted to hug the darling. :(
  7. Nanuk Jedi Knight

star 1
    From personal experience I can relate to him: Sometimes, when you experience so much every day, there's no time to "reflect later" - because later there'll be already other and different experiences heaped upon you. I found that for myself it's very important that, when on the road, I do some introspection every day, otherwise, with the experiences of the next day, and the next, and the next - I won't be able to remember what happened on which particular day, and to deal with all the emotions connected to those experiences. I can imagine that perhaps it was similar for Ewan.
    Personally, I'm amazed that they even managed to keep up with the video diaries, especially in the middle of Mongolian and Russian "wetlands". ^:)^ ("Wetlands? Nobody mentioned anything about wetlands before." [face_laugh] )
  8. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    That is exactly what I mean though, Nan. I didn't say don't do it that day just not immediately. Process it first.
    Nanuk likes this.
  9. Nanuk Jedi Knight

star 1
    ;) As you said, he looked so tired most of the time, he was probably a breath away from falling asleep. So sweet. [face_tee_hee]
    Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  10. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    Oh, he is a darling when he's tired! :D I'm going to have to search this out if I at all can. It would be most worthy indeed. I'm glad the boys had the ladies support. I think that really shows trust and respect.
    Nanuk likes this.
  11. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Several of my favs were named here…I love the Island, one of my favs, also Big Fish, Brassed Off I loved. Blue Juice is interesting as one of his early low budget type films. I also loved Salmon Fishing…and @Cushing's Admirer, like you, I choose not to watch Young Adam or the Pillow book, as good as it sounds like he was in them.

Shallow Grave is another excellent early Ewan movie," Stay" was a very interesting dark psychological drama, not for everyone, but Ewan was very good in it.

Lipstick on your Collar was his first BBC tv show, Lypsincing to fifties and early sixties music in the setting of a war office, some of the characters he took on to do some of the music in it was spectacular, particularly his spot on imitation of a young hip swinging Elvis and a dark, smoldering fifties style angst tough guy balled singer. Yow! That was so smoking hot I was fanning myself when I saw that one. =P~

Another sweet one was Little Voice…he was so young and shy and innocent in it…he was the perfect love interest for the young girl known as "Little Voice".

I want to see Perfect Sense, but have not found it in my area yet. And his new movies I'm looking forward to.

Yes, sometimes the Ewan board and the Obi boards blend together a little…but so many of us are fans of both Obi-Wan and Ewan, it's bound to happen from time to time. :)
  12. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    Wow, great post @obimom! =D= I forgot to mention I saw Little Voice. I liked Ewan in that. I tried Nora yesterday but I just am not comfortable with sexually explicit material and shut it off. Perfect Sense and Impossible sound like my most likely new options. Thanks, Ladies and Gentleman. ;) Yes, I apologise all the Ewan talk but thanks for the understanding.
  13. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    @Cushing's Admirer - I think reading both the books and seeing both docs is recommended. I loved the books because I got more insight and detail in some of the things he was thinking and feeling…things that did not transfer onto the film. Plus some things he did and reacted to that was edited out tot the film altogether which I found very sad.

I watched them with my husband, and he came away with much misunderstanding about Ewan, and when I tried to explain the missing context re the books I'd read, It didn't help. I think you'll enjoy the books very much, and will fill in a lot of the context missing in the docs. I highly recommend them.

One thing in both docs that I loved was how much he missed his wife and girls. Very sweet.
  14. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I haven't seen Nora either, and haven't much cared to because of some of the things I read about it. Some things just make me too uncomfortable, even with Ewan in it. It took a bit for me to finally watch the rest of trainspotting, and I ended up loving it. But other than the little bit of stuff in the beginning, it was mainly about the character trying to clean up his life.
  15. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    @obimom: Thank you for that post as well. I actually enjoy autobiographical writings precisely for the reasons you stated. Particularly pertaining to men that most solely see as 'performers'. It grants the depth I know the men have within and allows me to understand that depth and their inner workings which usually you simply don't get in character or on camera even. I think I'd very likely like both the docs and the books but prefer the books. These sound like excellent research should I ever do my Ewan tribute character.

I understand what you're saying about needing both to understand the whole picture properly. I agree with you. :)
  16. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thanks Cushy.

By the way, Serpents Kiss is another very good movie, and it's where Ewan met Charlie Boorman. Very good movie, not at all what I thought. And very clean to boot, which was the opposite of the impression I had and of it.
  17. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
  18. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Good Sunday morning, everyone! Trying to get used to my new laptop and it's overly sensitive touch pad. Also having to get used to Windows 8.

So who all besides me loved seeing Obi-Wan finally softening towards his mother in Ruth's story? I'm re-reading it it was so good.
  19. Nanuk Jedi Knight

star 1
    It was heartbreakingly good =D= especially now that she, too, realizes that he's only trying to protect himself. *sigh* I'm wary of what may come next, though ... [face_nail_biting]now that they're all happy. *uh oh*
  20. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You are right to be wary...because as we know, Ruth is evil. :p
    =D=

And she just posted another chapter.
  21. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    :eek: *Cushy wheels behind column and hides*
  22. ruth baulding Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  23. Nanuk Jedi Knight

star 1
  24. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
  25. Nanuk Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I've got a spare bedroom, medicine kit, and unused levels of h/c. Just saying. ;)
    obimom likes this.