main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Cville_Jedi There is a Ben Kenobi fan club thread on this forum. I am going to merge threads.

BAZ Note: Merged

2. Cville_Jedi

Cville_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2014
    My apologies Bazinga'd, thanks for your help!

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Cville_Jedi No apologies needed. Just check the first couple of pages before starting a new thread.

4. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Cville_Jedi: yes, yes, and more YES! :) I didn't know Obi won the "This is Madness" poll this year (I never even got around to voting in any of the brackets this year...) I would love see to Ewan in the role at least one more time (especially if he is the focus of a whole spinoff movie!) And I know I'm not alone in this wish:p

obimom likes this.
  5. Kess Banta

Kess Banta Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 23, 2014
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
  7. Kess Banta

Mar 23, 2014
    I tried to paste a link but it didn't work. Trying again.

[​IMG]

serendipityaey and Pensivia like this.
  8. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    ^oh, I love that! ...But shouldn't the milk be a bit...bluer?:p

9. Kess Banta

Mar 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

Love the smirk.

Veloz, serendipityaey and obimom like this.
  10. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    ^agreed:p . but I really can't stand the AOTC hair (except when completely wet and all slicked back in the Kamino scene!)

serendipityaey and ruth baulding like this.
  11. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hear hear!! I totally agree. Come Disney, and get with the Ewan/Obi-Wan program...:D

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Playful one there. :D The look I didn't like was TPM.

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi...-top-11-good-things-in-the-star-wars-prequels

Hi, my son watched this guy called the Nostalgia Critic who does a lot of very funny movie critiques...and just today he posted a new video on his site about the Star Wars prequels, but this time he's not as snarky...he's doing a "top 11 good things about Star Wars"...and gives some pretty good insight about Anakin, etc. but my reason for posting this is that Obi-Wan gets two nods here...one earlier in the countdown in one of Obi's short scenes, and the other...."Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi" is number four on his list, and it was excellent. I was hoping he'd give Ewan a nod for his performance, and here it exceeded my expectations. So for your amusement, and mutual admiration of our favorite adorable Jedi, here is the link above.

Watch the whole thing, it was interesting, but when he gets to number four...well, for me, I sat up and enjoyed every moment of that one. :p

By the way, this is not You Tbue, and there is a commercial in the middle, don't let that keep you from watching this.

Nanuk likes this.
  14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy Scot, ruth bauldingbaulding serendipityaey how are you?

Catch that video I posted, what he said about Ewan as Obi-Wan was really good. What he said about Haydn was also interesting, but of course loved what he said about Ewan...=P~ Just wanting to draw you attention to is since I haven't seen you guys around her lately.

serendipityaey likes this.
  15. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    [face_laugh] I really love what he said about Ewan, but ... but ... couldn't he have put in a bit of research and pronounced Ewan's correctly?

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Nanuk I know!! [face_laugh], but I forgave him for it because of what he said.

What did you think of the other stuff he said?

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

(sigh)...so gorgeous! [face_love]

18. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm good!! How are you? Just been spending lots of time with family :) Has a really bad day last week - happened upon something in another site where someone said a lot of really bad things about me :( ugh. Anyway, I was off for awhile.

Ive watched videos like that awhile ago but I dont remember what they said about Ewan exactly. I'll watch it again! Thanks for the link! How are you?

Also thanks so much to you and Gkilkenny for your reviews on Between! Geri - your review in the other site, you totally predicted what's going to happen! Lol :)

I also responded to a post of yours a few pages back obimom and you never answered so I figured no one was around :)

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi serendipityaey I'm doin gwell, been busy with work...a lot of training. My schedule has changed again...and maybe because I'm feeling my age I get awfully tired any more...

I'm sorry you read some things that was not good for you...I tend to stay away from sites unless I know I have friends there...people can be so mean sometimes...stay where you know you have friends.

I am enjoying your Jack story, love how you are developing their relationship.

Sorry I didn't respond before, when I get in a state where I'm busy and tired from work, I tend to not come around as much.

the guy on that video said several interesting things about the movies overall.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I second that. It's been a hard road but I think I'm finally getting that beyond a certain point one has to just leave the naysayers be and stick to friends. :) Hope things look up for you soon. :) [:D]

Kesselia K Lendra likes this.
  21. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I thought it was a friend...a good friend, or at least a decent person. Funny how someone can turn out to be something completely different. I didn't mean to come across it but you're right I should've been actively avoiding. Just wasn't expecting it. Anyway thanks :)

I'm glad you are enjoying the Jack story and relationship obimom :)

22. Kess Banta

Mar 23, 2014
    Hey Disney!. Must have more Obi!!!!!!! *twitching from withdrawal*

[​IMG]

Veloz, ruth baulding, obimom and 2 others like this.
  23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    He is another man with *gorgeous* eyes! :D [face_love]

ruth baulding, obimom and Nanuk like this.
  24. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I liked the scenes he chose to mirror young and old Obi-Wan - that was very well done. :) Some of his finest moments - and some of the saddest. =D=

As for the rest - whew ... he really got me when he said how well done the "silent" scenes were - Anakin, Padme ... how strong their acting was when they didn't have any lines to deliver. =D=

obimom likes this.
  25. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I do hope he'll be in one of them (how about "Wild Space"? ;) ) if only to make him change his hair style from his current one. LOL THAT one there in that picture is just gorgeous. =P~

obimom likes this.