main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Those gorgeous eyes are what drew my attention the first time I saw him. And the I saw the rest of his face...=P~

Oh, to do a movie on Karen Miller's books? That would be awesome!! =D= As long as it's Ewan McGregor playing Obi-Wan, that is.

Yes, I agree...and then his reaction when he showed them speaking lines...that cracked me up...[face_laugh]

But I had never thought about that until he pointed it out, but their "silent" scenes were much more real and poignant without the cheesy lines to speak. Like he said, they are good actors, they couldn't help the bad lines they had to speak.

And like you, I loved how he showed the range of Obi-Wan from young to older. I loved how he recognized how good Ewan was in the role of Obi-Wan, even calling him "perfect" for the role.

Nanuk likes this.
  2. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Welcome, and you are definitely not alone in this...here is a whole board of avid fans eager to see our Ewan play Obi-Wan again...and knowing he wants to makes it even better....come on Disney!!

Don't know where everyone is right now, must be busy, but usually we have a lot more around. I know Ruth is busy with the last few weeks of school, so not only is she scarce here right now, I don't know how quickly we'll see updates in her newest Legacy story...(sigh)..we may have to wait to see what happens next with the guys or who ends up going after young Anakin . My money is on Qui-Gon, but you never know with Ruth...she may send Garen after him...or Mace Windu, or even Siri!.:p

BAZ Note: Avoid double posts.

Pensivia likes this.
  3. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Oh dear ... [face_laugh] with our luck (which doesn't exist in the first place, I know), it'll be Obi-Wan. Poor guy. LOL Flirting with danger, flirting with disaster, flirting with Chaos ... of course he can't help it and we love him for it ... but still ... :p

HAPPY EASTER, everyone!

4. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Yup, I re- read a bit of the previous chapter, and I had forgotten about something that was said in it...so I think you're right, it will likely be Obi-Wan, but when is the question. Probably not too soon. And I personally think it will be because he senses danger for Anakin that he does end up going.

Nanuk likes this.
  5. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    He probably wants to explore that "whoooom" feeling he got when first he went, and see whether it repeats itself. :rolleyes: Like an itch ...

6. Cville_Jedi

Cville_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2014
    Thanks Pensivia and obimom! I wish I had a blog or some place to post it. Who knows: I got a nice response from Kathleen Kennedy to a letter I wrote about saving the Clone Wars. If nothing else, its something for them to put in the "Why we need an Obi Wan movie" file.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think an Obi film would be probably the strongest and most sensible 'between trilogies' options. I'd like to see how he finishes his transition to noble-spirited Knight to worn hermit. Ewan I think would do superbly in it if casted. :)

Bail B. Baobab and obimom like this.
  8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Agreed!! :)

9. Estora

Estora Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    Phew, I've been away for a while! Hope everyone's well. :) I absolutely agree an Obi-Wan-centric film would be the strongest midquel they could do. Ewan McGregor has expressed he'd be happy to reprise his role as Obi-Wan. :)

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  10. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Good to see you again Estora :D

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    HI, Estora...welcome back.

Check out the link I posted on the previous page about SW, and in particular Obi-Wan...done by an online video critic...it's really good.serendipityaey Ash, have you had a chance to see it yet? He mispronounced Ewan's name, but I forgive him because of the great things he said about Ewan's portrayal of Obi-Wan ;)

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I vote for a Obi-Wan mid-quel.

Heck i wouldn't mind seeing a film that is set between Episode I and II and then between II and III as well with Ewan as Obi-Wan. It would give them a chance to explore more of Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship that the films didn't explore that well... Most people wouldn't have seen TCW, and I think this is one option they could explore.

obimom and Nanuk like this.
  13. Estora

Dec 29, 2009

Thanks, obimom! I'm back with a new SW fic as well, which is pretty exciting. (Obi-centric + angst, as usual, lol)

I'm a big fan of TGWTG and Nostalgia Critic! I saw his video the day it went up. I'm a strong defender of the Prequel Trilogy, but I enjoyed his points too. He just needs to learn how to say "YOU-Wen" instead of "OO-en", haha. Good ol' Doug Walker. I don't think I've met one person who's ever said they didn't like Ewan's portrayal of Obi-Wan - he really did do a wonderful job.

14. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

As much as I would want to see it, I would argue there is far more pent up demand for a Fett or Solo spin off, which is why one of those two characters will get one before Obi-Wan.

15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah, I thought he had some really interesting points about the prequel overall...and having seen several of his other uproariously snarky reviews on movies he either liked but saw several flaws or movies he hated, I loved what he said about Ewan's portrayal...even with the mispronounced name. :p

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

I have seen several posts elsewhere about wanting to see Fett and

BAZ Note: Please watch double posts please.

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Baz Note: You are now warned about double posts. If I keep seeing them, I will take further action against the offending member

18. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Personally, i would love an Obi movie with Ewan set between ROTS and ANH :)

19. Estora

Dec 29, 2009

Aahhh, that would be so great. Based on the KENOBI book by JJM, or something else? (I haven't read KENOBI yet, much to my shame - is it good?)

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I can recommend Kenobi - very good. Parts of it reminded me of the film Shane.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  21. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    If that's the case, then its a good book. Nice reference by the way LAJ_FETT

22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Fett is so over-rated. I don't think a film about him would actually do well. Solo, on the other-hand...I think that would only work with Harrison Ford. It wouldn't be a success without him. I think Disney are overestimating spin-offs based on their success with Marvel. Star Wars is a whole 'nother animal compared to Marvel.

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    It certainly is. Obi-Wan is still the best choice.

You mean I can't see another post I want to respond to after I've submitted one post? I got cut off in mid sentence by my puter last night, and then was unable to get back to it so had to give it up but I often see another post I didn't see before after I've posted, and want to comment. You mean I have to scan all the posts and respond to every thing in one post?

You mean I can't put on two or three posts of Obi pics as I've done in the past?

[face_bleh]

I'll be back later.....maybe

24. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    To the extent you can use the edit function

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh, the edit button. I forgot about that...I saw another post and responded to it. I meant nothing by it.

You know, you could have just said "In the future, please use the edit button when applicable to avoid unneeded double posts. Thanks."

That would have felt much better than a strong reprimand and warning

Thanks