main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Ah...he secretly married Siri!!! :D

Nah...but he's proud of his wedding ring and is proud to wear it. He thought he lost it on his first bike trip and was very upset about it...

Sweet guy.

2. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Absolutely! [face_love] It's a lovely ring, too; people are bound to notice. :)

Loved the behind-the-scenes fight scenes in the clip of him and Hayden. Gosh, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. LOL

3. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    It was the behinds the scene extras on the DVD of TPM that I first really took notice of Ewan...and when I became infatuated with his utter charm...especially when he was so boyishly charming when talking about playing "Obi-Wan Kenobi"....I was hooked after that. I had already fallen in love with Obi from the Jude Watson books (yes, Jude Watson)...as much as those books left so many unfulfilled holes (being expertly filled now by one Ruth Baulding), the story of Obi-Wan and who he was as a young boy growing into a young man was enough that when I saw the behind the scenes look at Ewan...I just thought "Perfect" He was the perfect choice to play Obi-Wan.

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Oh the crossover is coming! :D Slowly working on it still but it is coming along.

5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I think I have watched that one like a hundred times. It is soooo funny. [face_laugh] I have even bookmarked it. ^^ But thank you Nanuk. :) [:D]

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    LOL Ohh, I've bookmarked it, too. Can't for the life of me imagine why I didn't think of it instantly, though. LOL Just love watching Ewan ... brilliant. [face_love] Especially when he's joking about the Jedi mullet. [face_laugh]

Veloz and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    He's cute there. :D

Nanuk likes this.
  8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Just watched it again, and yeah, I remember it from before....loved it. Ewan is so cute in it but I also loved hearing how Lucas and the other people working on the film was going on about how good Ewan is....nice to see him get kudos. Because not only is he a fine man, he's a very fine actor.

Nanuk likes this.
  9. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Gosh, I can't imagine anyone even liking Obi-Wan in the Jude Watson books, if you didn't like him before - not to mention taking notice of him. [face_laugh] I guess I'm very spoilt because the first fiction I came across were stories by Karen Miller and Ruth Baulding.

As for casting, I absolutely agree with you. He was the perfect choice - and he matured beautifully from Padawan to the man I love to watch in ROTS. Kudos to his hair dresser, as well. :* [face_laugh]

obimom and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  10. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
  11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Jude Watson's book were my first glimpse into the back story of Obi-Wan. At that time, I was not even aware there were other books, nor was I aware there was FF. Although in many ways I found her books to be lacking, I loved Obi-Wan in them. When I was done with them I thought that was it, so I re-read them. Eventually I found other more adult books at the library and read all I could that involved Obi...but they were not enough...most of the time they portrayed what Obi -Wan did..his actions...and hardly ever delved into his thoughts and feelings...very unfulfilling. And then I found FF. Valairy Scot, and others, and now Ruth Baulding. Especially with Ruth's rewriting of the JA series, her stories have filling pretty much all the gaping holes, and her plot lines in my opinion make a lot more sense as well.

Gotta go to work.

Have a great day.

Nanuk likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Obi-Wan and Siri are a favorite couple of mine.

13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Fellow Jedi friend of Obi-Wan's. Appeared in Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, Legacy of the Jedi etc.

15. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you, FS.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    You're welcome. Much more engaging than Ventress and Satine imo. Though Ventress is next.

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I wouldn't know. It's very rare a female engages Cushy at all. I have seen her as a romantic partner of Obi's in the fandom for many years but never knew where she came from.

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Obi and Siri are my favs as well....If you read Secrets of the Jedi, you know that they do fall in love, but have to deny their feelings for the Jedi...

We who are so romantic and love seeing Obi in love and kept their love alive through FF...;)

Again, gotta go to work...have a great day all!

19. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    All my thumbs go up for Siri and Taria. *sigh*

Does Ventress now get counted as "official love interest"? [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe not officially but I can see it.

21. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    It could be a case of Stockholm syndrome. [face_thinking]

22. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    One of my all-time favourites ... thanks to the one who posted it first!

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh, my that gave me chills. So good. Thanks for posting it, Nanuk

Nanuk likes this.
  24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who likes Obi-Wan and Satine together :p

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006