main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
  2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
  3. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    http://www.details.com/culture-trends/movies-tv/201411/ewan-mcgregor-interview-the-real-thing

That's the link to the interview.

Well ... it's nothing new (except the part about his daughter starting college in NYC - woohoo!). We knew they were planning a trainspotting sequel, and we knew he dislikes people who collect signatures just to sell them. Being who he is, of course he would be concerned for children to be crushed in the masses. Sweet man. :)

I like the tidbits about Laurence of Arabia and Woody Allen. :p [face_laugh]

obimom and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  4. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    So he has actually moved his family to NY? I was a little put off by all the cussing, but otherwise it is nothing new.

He really dislikes people to get autographs just to sell, and I can understand. Someone like him is so giving to his real fans, and loves children...it would make him angry to see children shoved aside to get to him so they can sell his autograph.

But I'm a little sad he won't have anything to do with the Star Wars conventions...but it's his choice I suppose...but Obi-Wan not to represent at them....

The good thing though it all the mania hasn't put him off on wanting to reprise Obi-Wan in the stand alone movies. I do hope he gets to do them.

5. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    It didn't sound as if he had, did it? After all, "The Real Thing" will only run till January. Hmmmm.

I've always loved his responses in interviews when he was asked about Star Wars ... He adored the kids and loved their reactions but could only raise his eyebrows at adults who behaved the same way. :)

6. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    WHAT?! Have they moved from LA to NY in stead???? :eek:

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Hmmm ... two websites and none of them can say for certain whether they've moved to NYC for the duration of the play, or whether they have moved for good. ARGH!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ds-wife-Eve-Mavrakis-romantic-stroll-NYC.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...vrakis-changes-mind-Trainspotting-sequel.html

8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Loved the article and pics...and here, below the pic of Moulin Rouge, is this comment:

Now that the Scottish actor has moved to New York with his wife, he said it seemed like the right time to do Broadway, acting in Tom Stoppard's The Real Thing.
    He said: 'I was never asked to do it! No, I've got a wife and kids, and I was never willing to move my whole family from L.A. to New York.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2813034/Ewan-McGregor-holds-hands-wife-Eve-Mavrakis-romantic-stroll-NYC.html#ixzz3Hgajipa5
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

9. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Does it mean that they moved for good? :eek:

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    This is what is confusing me. :)) Ewan "says" he didn't want to move his family from LA to NYC, and the newspapers say he did move.
    Until I see more "proof", I'm waiting until February (until after the play has ended) before I believe that he's staying in NY, no matter how much I'd love that.

Maybe they just rented a home for some time for his rehearsals and to see Clara settled?

11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I'm agreed with Nanuk. I'm gonna need more proof.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I just hope the family is content regardless.

13. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Just re-watching ROTS and melting Ewan into Obi-Wan ... and wondered whether there is any instance where we can see a real Ewan laugh on Obi-Wan's face? Not just a gentle smile, but laughter? Maybe in the first part with young Obi-Wan?

14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I'm not sure....he was so subdued for Obi-Wan...the closest I can think of was when he met with Dex in the second movie..and we saw that easy open smile. He did Obi-Wan so well, I forget it's Ewan playing him.

Nanuk likes this.
  15. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    OMG! Why have I never seen this before?

Hilarious. LOL

obimom likes this.
  16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    OMG!! I need to see that with sound...I've never seen it either...and why was it deleted???

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Some of the best scenes with Obi!!!! I have seen it many times.

WHY DID YOU DELETED IT, GEORGE?!

:p

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I can imagine that some might think their levity un-called for, as it was right after Shaak-Ti's death. Since their banter is cute but doesn't advance the plot, I can see why their scenes were deleted (Gosh, but it's so sweet! LOL Can't they do Star Wars II 1/2?)

I would have liked more scenes with Bail, though, showing us that more people tried to oppose Palpatine, but at least they are in the novel - along with Padme's confession that there's one Jedi she can trust ... Obi-Wan. @};-

obimom and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe Shaak Ti's death was deleted from the movie (and later scenes that indicated her survival added to the novel) because of the original Clone Wars series, that had finished shortly before ROTS came out?

20. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Probably. When I looked her up in Wookiedia, they said that she survived the "great Jedi purge". Can't happen if she dies on that ship.

21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah, that's too bad....I still haven't seen that yet, but I will, when I get a chance...but just what little I saw and all these comments...it's almost a tragedy it didn't make the cut.

My son just got back from Austin this weekend from being an extra on a movie being shot there...It's called Lazer Team...and although what he did was a unpaid extra (and got to be a "featured" extra a couple times...it's start of his dream and was really excited to be on a real movie set.

22. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    How exciting! My fingers are crossed for him!

Don't worry about the vid ... it's almost a tragedy they didn't/ won't make a movie for all the things that happened in between Ep 2 and 3. :) More Obi-Wan-Anakin-banter would have been great.

obimom likes this.
  23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Kenobi is here...in Norway!!!!! [face_party](I should have noticed that long time ago...:oops:)

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Okay, time to set a deadline for my next Fallen Angel chapter...and the deadline will be Newyears Eve...hopefully it becomes true...

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I would have loved to see a movie between eps 2-3 about Young Knight Kenobi and his Padawan...we could have seen so much of their growth on many levels...it would have been largely a character piece, but to keep the SW action fans happy a lot of adventure could have been thrown in (seeing Ewan's Obi-Wan going after a young Anakin who escaped to the bottom level Coruscant after those races would have been great.

Well, that's what we have FF for I guess...:)