main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Son of a Gun...another movie I'll have to wait to see when it comes out through Net Flix or something...Is it even going to have a US release? Or just in certain parts of the US

EWan looked great in it....seeing him play a darker character is interesting...because no matter how dark he is...there is still light in him....(like Obi-Wan :D)

Nanuk and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  2. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    This is an article by Christianity Today about Last Days in the Desert...it was an interview with Rodrigues Garcia, who wrote and directed the movie. This is a quote from him about why he wanted Ewan to play Yeshua.

Then you have to figure out who will embody Jesus well, and Garcia saw a good fit in Ewan McGregor, who's played everyone from a drug addict inTrainspotting to a fisheries expert in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen to the glam-rocker of Velvet Goldmine and the lovestruck poet of Moulin Rouge—and, of course, Obi-Wan Kenobi himself. “Ewan brings such human empathy to it,” Garcia says. “He's so likeable. It’s one of the reasons I wanted to do it with him: apart from him being an excellent actor and very thoughtful and smart, the audience connects with him like he's a regular bloke. And you feel his love for these people.”

Here is the link to the whole article, which also includes an interview with Ewan
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/january-web-only/last-days-in-desert-exclusive.html?start=6

Master_Lok and Nanuk like this.
  3. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
  4. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Wow - exactly what he likes. I remember him saying in interviews that he prefers the dynamic of shooting "Trainspotting", getting out of cars, shooting, getting in, going somewhere else, seeing a new location to long waits ... He must have been thrilled. And also to have just a small crew - how perfect for him.

[face_love] "He's so likeable." Oh dear, we all agree. :)

What a lovely article. Thanks so much obimom for posting it!

obimom likes this.
  5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  6. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    cameron.osborn, Nanuk and obimom like this.
  7. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    =P~ OMG, he's so cute. LOL "I'm talking myself out of a job here". LOL

8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I saw that Sundance review also...and the video about Ewan being Obi-Wan again...I so want it to happen!!! Come On Disney....get with it!!!!

9. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Now, I just got a moment to actually see the video, and that was ADORABLE!!! He was SO CUTE joking about Obi-Wan and the sabers with hilts...."it's a Disney thing, isn't it?" [face_laugh]

Thanks for sharing that StarWarsFreak93 =D=

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Very welcome! :) I'm glad he's opened to working on Star Wars again, showing that working on the prequels wasn't that bad after all and that he enjoyed it.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I am so glad that he enjoyed playing the prequels. :) And I was so happy when I heard that he wants to play the Obi spin-off if he is offered the job. Ewan never disappoints. :D

Iron_lord and cameron.osborn like this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Obi fans: Cushy would like an in-depth conversation about PT Ewan-Obi for consideration of fic. I don't care about TCW. Not Ewan. Anyone game? I have never tried to write Obi before. Am nervous. :(

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  13. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Ask away and I'm sure we'll do our best. :)

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    What are you looking for Cushy?

Oh and reading this makes me realize how badly Marvel screwed up in not selecting Ewan for Doctor Strange.

obimom likes this.
  15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Just PM me. And I'll do my best to help you. :)

Iron_lord and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Hi guys. :)

Well, the major thing is: I need to decide how Ewan-Obi will approach peace talks. Any suggestions who could reach out to him and he'd actually listen to?

17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    you mean of the Seperatists?

18. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Hmm, I'd think that he would be the one to reach out to others, Jedi being peacekeepers and all that.

As for intervention, I think Padme or Bail Organa can always hope for an open ear and mind.

19. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Nan, in my piece Obi's the one that needs convincing. Hence why I asked what I did. :p Bail may work, hmmm....

J-R: Not specifically, no. I mean at all. Perhaps Gilad will reach out to Bail and Bail to Obi. :)

20. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Gilad? (Sorry, I'm not familiar with the original trilogy.)

Perhaps we can come up with more suitable suggestions if you give us some more details?

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm guessing Gilad is Gilad Pellaeon from the Zahn books.

Cushing's Admirer and Nanuk like this.
  22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Excellent, funny interview with Ewan where he talks about playing Jesus, getting an OBE and the new Star Wars film: [face_love]

This was interesting, too.'

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    IL: Only Gilad I know. :p

Nan: I need someone Obi will listen to regarding working towards peace with the Empire. I am thinking Bail.

24. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I loved it when he talked abou receiving OBE... [face_rofl]

Thanks for sharing it, obimom. :D

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    You're welcome, Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Cushing's Admirer Bail is an excellent choice for what you are trying to do...he is one of the few politians Obi-Wan has respect for, he's a good man and level headed....if anyone can convince Obi of something he needs to be convinced of (outside of the Jedi Order), it would be Bail. I really can't think of anyone else (well, perhaps Dex in a different sort of situation).