main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Ewan has a fantastic sense of humor, and it's already beyond clear he worships Eve, so yes it was a joke and a cute one in my opinion. If you don't agree with his sense of humor and playfulness, it's quite prevalent in his personality, then perhaps he is not the actor you're looking for :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010

Cushy, I don't remember what he said it's been so long...but I don't remember thinking anything of it. Mainly it was very clear he totally loves his wife and missed her terribly...one of the sweetest moments was near the end when he, in a Jedi like fashion, "sensed" his wife was near, not knowing they were surprising Charlie and Ewan by bringing their wives to where they were stopping for the night...and how sweet their reunion was...I also loved how, well it mainly shows in the book, how he discreetly "closed the door" on us to have a private reunion with his wife...awwww...

But I do understand if you didn't like or agree with something he said that you felt was perhaps disrespectful to his wife. I'm sure he didn't intend it that way, and it's likely if she had any issue with it at all, they talked about it later. There are a few things Ewan has done as an actor that I haven't agreed with, and at times I've been a little put off by some comments or attitudes (especially when he was younger...he has grown up so much since then)....but even so there is much I really do like about him and appreciate...a bit already referred to in comments before...and I'm still a fan.

I hope you'll continue watching the show (have you read the book? It's even more revealing about his feelings for his wife and family). :)

Iron_lord and Nanuk like this.
  3. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    The edges on young man are always sharp, but they will round off as the years go by and as the man becomes older and older. :)

I know how irritated it can be, I have them around me almost everyday. They think they are grown-ups, but they are very, very far from it. :p

Iron_lord and obimom like this.
  4. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    I've been watching the Long Way series myself; I'm enjoying it so far; they're both hilarious.
    I read the books for inspiration and reassurance a few years back when I went for my own backpacking trip, it's nice to see that some travellers' problems are universal.

obimom, Nanuk and serendipityaey like this.
  5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    That's awesome you went on a backpacking trip. Where to?

And human problems are universal too. When the show was on tv I was in a really tough job, one that I needed - not bad but very long hours and tough work but seeing Ewan get discourage just like everyone else, and depressed, but then pick up and push on really inspired and helped me too. It meant a lot. :)

obimom likes this.
  6. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    I went traipsing about Europe, including an two week road trip across Italy on an RV (in WINTER, what were we thinking). It was my first time doing anything of the sort without my parents so I thought finding the books in the library before the trip was the will of the Force! It was hilarious to see how many problems we encountered on the road matched his own: Italian traffic (we also stumbled onto a random car parade as well!), bad weather, not having a place to clean up, disagreements with best friend, finding a place to sleep/park, evil GPS...
    I'd love to follow their example and do a motorcycle trip someday - once I cultivate the physical strength to ride! I love motorbikes, but they're not meant for small people. [face_sigh]

7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Talking about trips and motorbikes. After watching LWR and LWD for God knows how many times, the thought of riding a motorbike across the continentle US has actually been in my mind. I have always wanted to travel to the US and visit the most famous places there. Visiting it in a bike will be extra awesome, one get to see so much more. :D And Riding it across Route 66... [face_love]

serendipityaey likes this.
  8. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Hmmm, I'm going to Mongolia this summer. Can't wait to see Karakorum and the "enormous knockers" LOL

BTW, did you see that "Last days in the desert" is going to be screened at the Edinburgh Film Festival? He's so chuffed! LOL I'm so happy for him; wish I could be there to see him on June 21st.
    (And I wish I could finally see this film - has it been announced anywhere?)

9. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Enjoy your trip to Mongolia, Nanuk. :)

June 21st...two days before my summer holiday....I can't leave then...Too bad, really...[face_sigh]Have to wait for it to hit the cinema. It hasn't come to Norway yet, I'm afraid. Probably it is alreayd announced in the US and UK.

10. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Thank you! I'll keep a look out for places he's been to. :D

I know! June 21st is almost 4 weeks before my holidays so there's no chance at all that I could fly over. Too bad. I love Edinburgh.

Did you see his latest motorbike pics? He looks so happy. :)

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi everyone....:)

12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Hi! How's it going

13. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello :)

Hey, you guys have a different humour than Cushy it's fine. :p

14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
  15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello, hello. :D

Has been really quiet here....Nothing much happening here...

16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    We are stunned into silence contemplating his great beauty and wonderful heart

Nanuk and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I have been busy with some other thing.... :p Not anything with Ewan though. :p

18. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Still busy at work and likely to stay that way until the end of July. Ewan's smile every now and then is a true highlight, though. LOL A new chapter by my favourite author wouldn't come amiss, either.

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

No kidding...that's for sure. She should be back soon though....summer is coming :p

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I hope to post soon :)

More rumors that they are in talks with Ewan for THREE Obi movies! New rumors are great, it means the idea is still alive

Darth_Furio and obimom like this.
  21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I hope so...but when would I ever get to see them? I'll find a way though...:)

Found those articles about an Obi -Wan trilogy...sounds promising.​

I also found a top twenty all time SW character...Obi-Wan came in at no. 4, but check out what was said about him. Here is someone with an appreciation of the character of Obi-Wan.​
    tweet

4. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    From the first moment we see him as a Padawan, to his days in recluse as Ben Kenobi, Obi-Wan’s resolve, patience and excellent lightsaber skills make him one of the most important Jedis to ever exist. He was the first Jedi to defeat a Sith Lord in approximately 1,000 years, routing on Darth Maul when all hope seemed lost. He conquers Anakin in combat, and despite all of the egregious actions his former Padawan has undertaken (younglings, guys, Anakin killed younglings), Obi-Wan chooses not to end his pupil's life because Obi-Wan's love runs too deep for his friend. And in the end, Obi-Wan sacrifices his life so that Luke can become the Jedi he was destined to be. True, compassionate and genuinely good, Obi-Wan is what makes a man a man. -- RK

So true...[face_love]

Nanuk likes this.
  22. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    LINK

Nanuk and serendipityaey like this.
  23. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Lovely article, thanks so much! I particularly like this line "In fact, many people and colleagues have been hearing rumblings of Obi-Wan not being done in the Star Wars Universe." LOL and all the rest that follows. Gosh, if only it were true. *fingers crossed*

24. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    My pleasure. :)

I'm a big fan of Obi-Wan as well. RotS were his finest moments IMHO

Nanuk and serendipityaey like this.
  25. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Absolutely. And I quote another line from that article:

Ditto. [face_love]