main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Last Days in the Desert. I have a couple friends there now, I'll let you know what they report :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VictoriaSkywalker likes this.
  2. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Apparently about the film and his career, but you know him - he's bound to slip in some anecdotes, especially with an audiences he connects to. :)

serendipityaey You've got some friends there? Woohooo!

And here's his latest project: Giving Tales

obimom likes this.
  3. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  4. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    The people I know that got to go said he was amazing, lots of smiling pics and hugs all around! One girl from Italy even kissed him on the cheek and got a kiss in return. So jealous lol!

Nanuk likes this.
  5. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Look at what I just found:

6. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    So cute, sigh

7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Summer holiday is finally here! :D Hopefully I can get back to my fanfictione and start again from where I left. :D And hopefully I get to read some awesome fanfiction too. Right, serendipityaey? :p

8. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh...I wish the financing had gone through so Ewan could have played Bonnie Prince Charlie, the actor and the wee scottish guy who looked like him...that would have been so cute....

Darn...

Loved all the articles and videos....[face_love]

Nanuk likes this.
  9. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    From what he tells us, it would have been a great film. :) Has anyone ever seen Ewan in something resembling a comedy?

10. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes I promise! <3

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    A
    I think "Men Who Stare at Goats" was considered a comedy, it played like it was but it wasn't that funny....interesting though.

A Life Less Ordinary may have been a comedy also...perhaps, but it was very cute...one of my favorites of Ewan's.

Nanuk likes this.
  12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Down with Love! For sure

JEDI-RISING and Nanuk like this.
  13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    OH yes, definitely...I was going to come back and add that one...:) I looked up his movies and these movies are listed as comedy/something else (like romance, war, fantasy, etc.).

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Nanny McPhee is great too - his part is small but amazing and the movie is cute

15. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Ohhh, totally forgot about "Down With Love"! What a sweetie that was!

Hehehe, I think I only watched "Nanny McPhee 2" because of him - I remember waiting for him to come onscreen. LOL

"Men who stare at Goats" is listed as a comedy? It is a bit (well, more than just a bit) obscure, but a comedy? If so, then you can also count "Jack the Giantslayer", right?

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I want to see Nanny McPhee returns also only because he is in it. ;)...I would think Jack the GS would be more adventure/fantasy....but I can see how it's listed.

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I love You Phillip Morris is a comedy, that movie was just hilsrious! xD

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Is anyone besides me and Nanuk reading Ruth's new delicious h/c post Jabiim story set in her Legacy series?....so many tantalizing hints of stories to come in Legacy...some heartbreaking I fear...but this is great...and Qui-Gon is there being Qui-Gon be during Obi's recovery after his Jabiim ordeal. :)

Nanuk likes this.
  19. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    I had a minor freakout when I saw the story. But I'm extremely disgusted by Ahsoka's appearance and it's put me off the story a little bit. But I like that Alpha is there too, he's my favourite clone.

20. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ahsoka's not my favorite character, but I like that Ruth put some decent clothes on her, and I like Qui-Gon's take on her...which may be why she put her in the story...but I Love that she's doing this story within the realms of her Legacy series....;)

21. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I love the story - especially chapter 8 had me in shivers, and as Obimom said, there are sooo many hints of stories yet to come in Legacy that I'm thinking I should start a list. LOL
    Probably contrary to everyone else I'm "freaked out" by Qui-Gon's appearance; I'd never have thought that she wanted him to survive that long. It'll change all their dynamics - which I'm curious to see, but I'm a little afraid how it'll change Anakin's and Obi-Wan's relationship (even though I know that they're in the best of hands). Don't get me wrong, I love Qui-Gon, but his death served a purpose and now I'll have to wait and see how his survival influenced Obi-Wan's development.
    As for Ahsoka ... well, here it's set between Ep.2 and 3, which makes it Clone Wars and Anakin a Master, so Ahsoka has to be there. She'll have a role to play, otherwise she wouldn't be there, and if it's only to bring Anakin out of hiding. :) Since Ruth knows what she's doing, I'll simply sit and wait. :)

S P O I L E R

Chapter 8 ... gave me gooseflesh all over. To think what he has gone through, and knowing that no one can help him because they can't drug him as his system is overloaded, can't touch him without triggering new panic attacks ... is about as worst-case-scenario as they come. *sob* Just brilliant writing. LOL

obimom likes this.
  22. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    In one of her replied to my reviews she may have hinted at a more complete glimpse of what came...before. The comics were very ambiguous about it so she has free reign! Rough times for Obi Wan ahead.

Nanuk likes this.
  23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Poor Obi-Wan

24. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I think the comics were graphic enough for Ruth to imagine dramatic scenes to her heart's content and the readers' pleasure. ^:)^=D= I'm just a little concerned of what she will do to the poor man in the process. :)

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ruth has a way of writing enough detail to show what happened without getting gratuitously graphic...one of the chapters where Obi-Wan kept dreaming or thinking he was back "there" and his reactions to it made me shiver at the idea of what he went through....

Nanuk likes this.