main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Caught some tweets by Ewan on the web...(I don't do twitter, just lurk sometimes) He was answering questions from fans...so sweet. but mainly what caught my attention was on one tweet he said in caps "Hello There." :)

2. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    LOL He's the cutest! It seems SW IS on his mind, and not in a bad way. :) There's still hope.

And yes, "American Pastoral" is the film he's directing, hence his increased involvement with locations and cars. LOL

3. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Looks like I have to check up on Twitter when it comes to Ewan. [face_blush] O:)

Thank you for the news, garls! [:D]@};-

4. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Some say that if an actor speaks about a film as openly as EMG does, it makes things happen. Fingers are crossed, of course.

Well, I got my new timetable today and what shall I say? It's even better than last year. Woohoo! Hope poor RB's is anywhere near as nice as mine. *knockwood*

5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Yeah, fingers crossed. :obiwan:

What classes do you have then? Chemistry? Physics? Math? English? Gym? What more do you have? Eh.....IT? :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    What? My reply to you wasn't posted? ARGH!

I teach English and Art - and just like everyone I'm curious to find out about my timetable (which is lovely - I always have the first lesson on Mondays off. Brilliant!).

Ewan just posted this https://instagram.com/p/65j3v-Qy2V/?taken-by=mcgregor_ewan

and a fan wrote, "QuiGONEJinn" [face_laugh] OMG!

Jedi Master Kenobiwan and obimom like this.
  7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah...I remember seeing that pic when he was making Son of a Gun...but when I finally saw the film he nevr looked like that...was that a scene edited out?

My son's first production he will be involved with in college is "The Portrait of Dorian Gray"....he will have something to do in it , but we're not sure what yet...will probably find out Monday.

His life has suddenly gotten very busy.

My son is the only student in the acting class who has never been in a stage production...but he did numerous skits and little plays as a child in our church and school and thats where he discovered his love for acting...he loves performing before an audience...but it seems I remember reading in Ewan's book that he wasn't involved in school plays either...so when he went to acting school did he also say he was never in a stage production before? My main question is did this hinder him any? (of course, ultimately obviously not, but I mean at first...when he first started. Has anyone read anything about that..or remember what he said in the book? Just wondering. I'm hoping that the fact my Josh hasn't done anything previously (other than the skits and then being a extra in a movie) won't be a problem for him. (One of his favorite skits was when he got to play David in the Goliath story..;)

8. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Ohh "Dorian Grey" - nice one! =D=

I didn't read the book (which book?), but from various interviews I seem to remember that Ewan didn't want to be involved in plays during his school days, saying that he first wanted to learn how to do it properly before really acting in plays.
    As for stage productions ... we know that his uncle helped him a lot, and of course Ewan has been working in theaters behind the stage since he was 16 (and watching other actors act) so he probably knew a lot of what goes on there.

I found this series of Ewan interviews with TAG Theatre Company, which you might like (you probably know them already)

- 1 - early memories

Ewan McGregor TAG Interview 2 - performing at school
    3 - starting work
    4 - attitude

IMHO, love, dedication and hard, hard work will be the deciding factors for your son - and what he doesn't know about stage work, he can learn. :)

9. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Nanuk English is nice...but art....no. :p I prefer English. :p

10. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks, Nanuk,

One of Josh's classes is for stage design...and the requirements for each semester for someone majoring in performance theatre (as he is), he will be in the cast of two of the three productions each semester, and the third production he will be a part of the crew..helping with stage design, etc. There are also three graduate student performances each semester...and he must attend one performance of each production he is not directly involved with.

I'm listening to Ewan early memories...Josh has been to a couple of plays (mainly "The Music Man" was one...but really he has watched many movies...movies of many different genres...I think he was getting the feel for the different genres and the different styles of directors...I think he's been pay attention.

He has the desire which has not changed since he was about six or seven, and I'm glad to see him doing something positive toward that...and I really think he's going to love it...but I hope also he has teh dedication and drive to keep going...as Ewan did.

One of my silly daydreams is that someday Josh is in a Movie with Ewan....maybe he could be a young man on Tatooine and meets Obi-Wan...:p .

Nanuk likes this.
  11. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Well, when he is in a film with Ewan, I expect you to be on the set and report. :)

Jedi Master Kenobiwan: Well, what are your favourite subjects then? :D IT? Physics? ;)

obimom likes this.
  12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    My favorite subjects? Well...Math. Not very much physics, I like chemistry better. :D And I like English. :D

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Sure...but not too sure it would be too seemly for the mother of an up and coming actor drooling over the seasoned and still very cute star...

;)

Nanuk likes this.
  14. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Suuuuuuure it would be seemly.=P~ It would only be strange if you totally disregarded your offspring in favour of "the seasoned and still very cute star" :p Or overpowered him with motherly qualities just to be close to Ewan. [face_laugh]

obimom likes this.
  15. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Ohhh, BTW, if I start writing GEM now, you all know that it means "Gorgeous Ewan McGregor", right? :p

16. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Obi's cool. Especially Knight Obi.

obimom likes this.
  17. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I'm going for Master Kenobi, myself. [face_love] :obiwan: :bluesaber:(Does this emoticon even faintly resemble him?) Edit: Hmmm, much better: [​IMG]

Just read an old interview with Emily Blunt from the Salmon Fishing days, and loved what she said about GEM:

You said you felt like you and Ewan were “separated at birth.” What was it that clicked so well between you?
    I don’t know, I mean we just seemed to have this very accelerated friendship and we got along like a house on fire. We laughed — we laughed so much together, and so it did sort of feel like I’d known him forever. I have found that whenever I have had a chemistry with someone on screen it’s usually benefited from having a really warm rapport with them off screen. I think I was really lucky with Ewan. I mean everyone has chemistry with Ewan — it’s impossible not to have chemistry with him. He’s one of the most well-loved people in this industry. Everyone loves Ewan.

Yes, and I do, too. [face_laugh]

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Love that....and so true....:p

Nanuk likes this.
  19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Now I do. At first, I thought it was a code for a special operation. :p

Love your version of the the Obi-emoji much more, Nanuk. :D Mods....let Nanuk fix up your mistake.

Chemistry with Ewan, you said? O:)[face_whistling] It might go poof then. :p

Jedi Knight Fett and Nanuk like this.
  20. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Hahaha, wouldn't we all love to have Chemistry with Ewan? ;) And Maths and English and Scottish ... Music and Art, too. [face_rofl]

obimom and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  21. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Love Chemistry with Ewan. O:)

And Physics too. [face_tee_hee]

Music and Art...oooooh...it might get a bit dirty when it comes to Art. [face_whistling] O:)

22. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Are you thinking Nude Painting à la "The Pillowbook"? :cool:

23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
  24. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
  25. obimom