main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Ooo. I will have to watch it later...can't right now... I also want to watch the whole segment of Ewan on Kimmel..the you tube is just a clip of him talking about his SW voice over...but I saw hints of other very interesting thing sthey talked about. I think I can catch it on the Jimmy Kimmel websit...dang I always miss when he's on tv....:_|

Nanuk likes this.
  2. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Oh gosh, me too! I saw three clips so far, and they were all lovely - they add up to about 10 minutes, though - with a clip of the new film ... maybe he was only there for 12 minutes? *fingerscrossedandhoping* LOL

3. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Finally got the chance to see the WHOLE part of Ewan on Jimmie Kimmel ( on Jimmies site)....talking about doing Obi-Wan (love how he says that)...and about Jane Got a Gun....and he was SOOO handsome ...gorgeous...love the way his hair looks now....[face_love]

Nanuk and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  4. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Ohh, me, too! Wasn't a fan of the "I shaved the back of my head" look, I'm afraid. :)

Now, since I'm not able to watch the whole episode (thanks to my not being in the US), is there anything the three snippets I saw didn't cover? What did I miss?

And I just loved his commentary on "two westerns for the price of one", hehehe.

5. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah. loved that too...mainly they showed that pic of 16 yr old Ewan with his first car, and talked about how he's searching for that car, then about the SW bit, then they showed a clip from Jane Got a Gun....looks really good. There were no real surprises, but it was good. I hated that shaved look he had for awhile...so glad it's gone.

Nanuk likes this.
  6. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Oh good, thanks! Then I think I got it all (except for the clip part, but I can find that elsewhere). I loved how he noticed that his hair was sticking up in the back, hehehe ... gorgeous. :)

obimom likes this.
  7. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Now, have you seen this? I just love that you can hear Ewan laugh in the last scene ... and that he laughs "in character". :)

Veloz and obimom like this.
  8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

Our Kind of Traitor image....looks really good. I want to see it..but it's only opening in the UK right now....:(

9. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I wish that Germany would show even one of his new films ... all I got was his line in SW. :p

10. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Just saw this (and a couple of others from last year's Edinburgh International Film Festival):

So sweet ... there are 4 clips of Ewan at EIFF: He's even doing a pantomime at the end of one clip. LOL Gorgeous!

obimom and naw ibo like this.
  11. Captain Han Solo

Captain Han Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2016
    Can I join, folks?

Nanuk and obimom like this.
  12. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi, Captain Solo! Welcome!

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

I really like this...there are several interviews in this post...I've just watched several, and there are some I'll visit later. Loved in this one interview his comments about Star WArs...how people misunderstood what he was saying when he talked about how hard doing green screen acting was...people thought he was really criticizing it and didn't like doing it...he said he never said that...he was only stating how hard it was to do that kind of acting, but he loved being in the films...he loved being Obi-Wan. He also said that he thinks perhaps the first film of the ones he did got such hard reviews was largely because here were guys who loved the original films as children, and had gone to these new ones wanting the same experience they had then...it's not going to happen, they're adults now, it's just not going to be the same. I thought that was interesting...I do know as much as I love the new films (mainly bec of Ewan's Obi-Wan), they didn't have the same impact on me that the original did, mainly because I was 18 at the time, and had never seen anything like it before. By the time the new films came out, we've had decades of Lucas inspired Sci Fi movies with all sorts of innovations, etc...we've grown used to it. I'll watch more later...must do something productive on my day off...must....must....:p

Nanuk likes this.
  14. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Watching these clips reminded me of just how agile he really is - lots of people just stay seated; without a second thought he swings his legs in the air to illustrate his point. LOL Did you notice that he was playing with his wedding band? So cute!
    (And he recently posted about doing voicework for BBC Scotland and being homesick for Scotland (awwwww), where he'll go in a few months) [face_love]

15. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    obimom likes this.
  16. Winghead77

Winghead77 Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2016
    Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan is my favorite Star Wars character. Would love to read more about him.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Going to send this over to SWC.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Since it's already here in SWC I'm going to merge this with the Obi-Wan fanclub. You might have some luck perusing either EUC or Lit for information about books though.

19. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    My favourite novels are "Wild Space", "Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth" and "Clone Wars Gambit: Siege" by Karen Miller, and stories by Ruth Baulding which you can find on ff. "Kenobi" is fine, too.

obimom and naw ibo like this.
  20. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999

I love those as well. I really love his friendship with Bail in Karen Miller's books. It's something I really wish we could have seen some of in the movies esp because while his role was very small I liked Jimmy Smits in it.

obimom and Nanuk like this.
  21. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    obimom likes this.
  22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Double ditto!!!!![face_dancing]

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

Nanuk and naw ibo like this.
  24. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Happy birthday Ewan, and hello to everybody whom I haven't greeted in a long time. :)

Jedi Knight Fett, obimom and Nanuk like this.
  25. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Wow, long time no see. Hello everyone! Happy to see this thread still going :)

Nanuk, Valiowk and naw ibo like this.