main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Going to see Last Days in the Desert tonight and I am so excited for this movie. It looks so moving. Ewan commented this morning on my Insta that he hopes I like it (duh!) and he put a lot of his heart into it. I can't love this man any more sigh <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanuk likes this.
  2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    How cool...Let us know what you think of it, Ash.

serendipityaey likes this.
  3. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I really enjoyed it. Very deep and moving. I can put my whole review here in the morning :)

obimom likes this.
  4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I cant wait to see it but I doubt if it will be over here for awhile. I'm patient I'll see it one way or another. ^:)^

5. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/ewan-mcgregor-doesnt-understand-the-fanaticism-over-star-wars

The thing is, I know sort of how he feels, I'm pretty much over it too...but I think I'm not the only one hence how dead this board is. I no long look for Obi FF, quit looking for Ruth updates (her life has taken such a turn away from FF anyway), although if she did finally update I'd probably read it bec she's just such a fantastic author, but I now feel so out of touch with Obi-Wan and how he's written, even by Ruth. Obi is still my fav sw character, and Ewan is my fav actor to play Obi, and if they do do a movie I will want to see it, but it's not my focus anymore. I just happened to think of it now. I go days if not weeks not even thinking about Obi or sw or anything now. my life is much more focused on real life, work, son in college and in theatre (he'll be starting rehearsals in Aug for A Comedy of Errors (Shakespeare comedy). I love the Hamilton music (thanks to son), and just read the entire collection of Sherlock holmes stories, and am now reading (again) To Kill a Mockingbird, my all time fav novel. Hence, I've moved on, and apparently, so have most of the people who used to hang out here. I'll check in from time to time, and wish everyone well. And if perhaps a movie is made with Ewan returning as Obi-Wan, I'm sure we'll have a reunion here to chat about it and get excited about it. ;) I'm wanting to see Ewans new movie, Our Kind of Traitor (if I have th etitle correct)...;)

Gkilkenny, Nanuk and Valiowk like this.
  6. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Hey Obimom,

what can I say? I feel absolutely, 100% the same way and couldn't express it any better. I'm still checking Ewan's instagram's account every once in a while, but sometimes weeks go by when I don't and don't even notice. I'd still love to see his latest bunch of films - especially "Last Days in the Desert", "Our Kind of Traitor" and "American Pastoral", though ... and I still love to hear his voice and witness his love for Scotland. LOL
    The one thing I regret is that Ruth didn't finish the story she was working on when she stopped writing - it would have been nice to have some kind of closure. Nevertheless, she wrote a hundred awesome stories for SW - what an accomplishment, and I'll forever be grateful for that. "My" Obi-Wan will forever be a mixture of hers and Ewan's, and I'll forever be quoting "Do or do not - there is no try" as well as "A solution to the problem will present itself" - and I'm very happy with that. :)

Gkilkenny and obimom like this.
  7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Aww I'm still happily obsessed and writing when I can lol. For Obi and other Ewan characters as well. He's just too good and wonderful <3 Last Days was wonderful and Ewan was too. The boards just aren't a great format for me it seems, when I'm so busy. But I'll always be here :)

Gkilkenny and obimom like this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Why - where did Ruth go? I'm still reading (re-reading :)) Obi stories.

9. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Hi, Val! Long time no see. Glad to see you! Ruth...rl hit her. with teenagers and a Dad she has to take care of, and teaching, competition hand ball, you name it. She started the next installments of her Legacy series and it stopped early in the story. the last time I spoke to her via email, she said she intends to finish her stories, but thats been months ago. I hope she is able to return, but now I think I may have to re-read some of the stories that led up to where it's now. I miss her, I hope she is able to come back and continue her stories, but as we all know...real life must take precedence.

10. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    So, I was just made aware of this thread today. I'm from over in the PT forum, but I figured some of you might appreciate something I wrote a little ways back about our favorite PT Jedi, Obi-Wan. :) Here it is (warning: possible sad feels).

Sepra, obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
  12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

Hey baby!

obimom and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  13. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    Noooooo xezene whyyyyyy ;)

Also, I am really not allowed to post in here. I have purposely avoided this thread, because I need to cling to what little I have left of my mind, you know.

Sepra and xezene like this.
  14. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011

Sent fra min GT-I9305 via Tapatalk

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Yep time goes, may pop in from time to time.
    Happy life everyone!!=D=[face_love][:D]

obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
  17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I looked at the date this morning as I sat down and realized..."Hey, today's my anniversary!" , then my second thought was "Today is also Ewan and Eve's anniversary!"

Happy Anniversary Ewan and Eve McGregor..21 years....with a beautiful family. What could be better? [face_love]

Ashley serendipityaey, if you tweet him, would you wish him this for me?

serendipityaey and Gkilkenny like this.
  18. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    obimom I'm so sorry I missed this! The park has been so busy and I've been having a few difficult issues. He reads his Instagram comments more often then Twitter, but I'd still be happy to do either for you if you'd like! What a sweet sentiment. They are lovely <3

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    serendipityaey yes please..instragram, since it sounds like he'll more likely see it. thanks. ...:)

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes I will! I am sure he will see it :)

obimom likes this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Kicking this up for Ewan fans living in the UK. BBC2 are showing Highlands: Scotland's Wild Heart? starting Friday night from 9-10 PM. The 4-part series is narrated by Ewan. It was shown before on BBC Scotland, according to my program guide, but this is the first nationwide airing. It got a good write-up in my TV listings so I'll be recording it.

obimom likes this.
  22. Conkhead_12

Conkhead_12 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2016
    I've just saw this thread.
    Obi clearly my favorite character

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He is the most wonderful :)

obimom, Celidore and Conkhead_12 like this.
  24. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Me too! :D He's kindhearted, noble, gentle, wise and Ewan McGregor represented him so well.
    And I like your signature with Obi's description ;) Yep, he's a very cool jedi, the coolest for me! ;D

obimom and Conkhead_12 like this.
  25. Conkhead_12

Conkhead_12 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2016
    Lol thanks

naw ibo and Celidore like this.