main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015

I really don't think so...

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  3. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    It would be great, but it's only in our imagination, sadly :(

4. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I don't think Disney appreciates just how important or how loved Obi-Wan is in the saga. Ewan's portrayal contributed much to the latter sentiment, but even without that factor, he is the central thread that tied all of main characters and events together, in all six eps. And also I don't think Disney appreciates how much Ewan's fans who loved him as Obi would flock to see the movies if he were part of it..even just a little, and how much we would LOVE seeing a stand alone Obi movie set between the third and fourth eps. Come on, Disney, wake up while Ewan is still young enough to play Obi on Tatooine (he's at the perfect age now).

5. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Well said, obimom! ;)

6. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    What about these fanmade posters? :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

obimom, Nanuk and naw ibo like this.
  7. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999

These are awesome. We need this Disney!!!

teamhansolo and Celidore like this.
  8. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    obimom likes this.
  9. Psych_Jedi

Psych_Jedi Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Those are some awesome pics! I would love to see some movies with Obi-Wan set between III and IV (and Yoda for that matter)...I wanna know what they were up to. :D

Celidore and naw ibo like this.
  10. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I read too that there is talk Obi-Wan may be in either eps 8 or eps 9,(or at least talked about in the movie?), and a stand alone is possible. It's rumors, true, but gives hope that maybe it'll happen. :)

11. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I'd like force ghost Kenobi to show up at some point in the sequels (Along side Yoda and Anakin ideally)
    But I'm particularly interested in his youth.
    Don't suppose they could get some kids, Liam Neeson, and some Mandos to put on a Mandalorian Clan wars film?[face_thinking]

Nanuk likes this.
  12. Psych_Jedi

Psych_Jedi Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Especially since Obi-Wan and Yoda are heard in Rey's vision, it's highly likely that they will have a role to play. And i'm thinking Anakin will, too. Big reunion coming! :p:D

13. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Oh that would be amazing![face_praying]

obimom likes this.
  14. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    WE NEED "KENOBI"! WE NEED "KENOBI"!

Anyways, excuse me while I go re-read John Jackson Miller's fantabulous "Kenobi" for the 10,000th time....

obimom likes this.
  15. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Right, folks, who saw "Rogue One"? And how many "Obi Wan" references did you count?

S P O I L E R A L E R T

P

O

I

L

E

R

Okay, first, the settlements: Jedha and Wobani ... "Jedi" and "Obi Wan" - I could have kissed them. LOL

Then his famous quote, "I have a bad feeling about this." :p

Denis Lawson played Wedge Antilles, who was Red Leader ... and we have a Red Leader here (which made me, at least, think of Denis Lawson's nephew)

And *love* Bail Organa talking to Mon Mothma about his friend who is in hiding. [face_love]

So, for me this film was one big advert for an upcoming Obi-Wan film.

That said, I sorely missed the Force and lightsabres (until the end, of course - which made me realize how much I'd missed them).
    I will be forever in love with Mads Mikkelsen and would watch any film just for him. LOL That, and the fact that they started off in Iceland (on the exact same beach that I have been on), is definitely a big plus. :D

I didn't click so well with the characters, and the comic relief was a bit too obvious for my taste ... what I did dislike is the 3D-ness of the film (we didn't have the 2D option for non-dubbed films). I think there was hardly any scene where part of the scene wasn't out of focus. Be it background unfocused in one scene, in the next it was the foreground and background, while the middle ground was in focus ... or the director would zoom from a focused background to focused foreground and back ... didn't they have enough money to put the whole thing in focus? What a shame and loss. (Oh, and next time? Find someone to iron that bad guy's cloak for him, one could see the wrinkles from a mile away)

All in all, it was okay for an evening's entertainment ... and now, can they please do any Obi-Wan One?

teamhansolo likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Just a heads up that I added in the spoiler code to the above. I appreciate that you tried to add in some spoiler warning/space, but the code makes sure that no one accidentally gets spoiled.

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Saw it today..loved it. it reminded me of the spirit and the massive star wars battles that introduced us to the star wars world in A New HOpe...although I do agree the humor was a bit lacking, but I did very much enjoy the characters in it...I thought it was very well done....and I LOVED Bails reference, although I missed the others. I heard reference to Wobani, but didn't make the connection. To me, (and perhaps I'm stretching her), with Ewan's Obi-Wan soundbite in The Force Awakins and the reference in this film..Obi-Wan for me still remains the only human character to have been in (or at least mentioned) in every star wars film. For me anyway, I realize I'm stretching it and many will likely not see it that way, but that's ok. Now for the Obi-Wan stand alone...;)

Nanuk likes this.
  18. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    No, you are not stretching it - or, if you are, I'm stretching right alongside you. :) I still hope that it's all one big introduction phase for our favourite character.

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    me too!!:)

20. Qui-Gon Keith

Oct 5, 2015
    Old Ben says hi from my office desk. Here's hoping Lucasfilm will announce a Kenobi solo film at this year's Star Wars Celebration in Orlando! =)

[​IMG]

21. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    What can I say? I like. :)

22. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    For me Rey is or a Skywalker or a Kenobi, but she could be a Skywalker-Kenobi too (and this last theory is my favourite). I think a descendance from two Jedi could explain why she's so powerful ;)

23. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    A little Obi-Wan every now and then can never hurt :)

DarthKeithSkywalker likes this.
  24. Qui-Gon Keith

Oct 5, 2015
    Alec and Ewan do their "Hello There" remix.

25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't think it's too much to hope for either, but Ewan MacGregor would have to play the part, because Alec Guinness is dead.