main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    My personality is a mixture of both, too - but I *like" the Anakin side of my a lot less.

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I certainly prefer it when I take the calm, rational approach Obi-Wan does to a situation instead of the brash, jump-right-in-situation that Anakin tends to go for. My love of Obi-Wan is more then my love of Anakin as there are a lot of traits of his that I wouldn't want to have, otherwise I might worry[face_nail_biting]

3. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Unfortunately, I tend to open mouth/insert foot/make others upset.

Also not too good when one works in customer service.

4. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm prone to do that too.

Oh, that's not good, though I can understand your position if/when you find yourself in a situation where you do something like that.

5. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    It's his dry humor - I just love that. As others have said, he seems to be a man of great emotional depth, though he knows how to balance such a thing with his commitment to the Jedi Order and the Force. Mostly, he's just a genuinely good guy. Even if he weren't a Jedi, I think he'd have to do something good and selfless, because it's just how he is. Love the dichotomy of his warrior-prowess and his gentle spirit.

Ewan sealed the deal for me in TPM; before him, I liked Luke quite a bit, but wow...when I saw young Obi-Wan, my heart melted and my teenage-self was in L.O.V.E. [face_love] He's the character that really pulled me into fanfic - twice! - and even though I've come to love other characters [cough]seemyavatar[cough] as well, Obi will always have a special place in my heart.

serendipityaey likes this.
  6. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I love that he's both - the warrior General and the kind and fair Jedi. Something about the confidence of General Kenobi really is attractive to me, but at the same time I love kind-hearted Obi-Wan just the same.

I think the fact that he excels at both speaks to the incredible depths of his character. Of course, war is terrible, but some things are worth fighting for, and I think he is doing what has to be done. Plus he finds ways to negotiate, or find another solution when he can.

Ewan was exactly the same for me. As young Obi - the whole thing was just perfect. It changed my life for sure.

laloga likes this.
  7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I think I'm a thinker like Obi-Wan - but I too often let my emotions rule me. Instead of 'using' them as Anakin does though, I feel like I understand the need for accepting and letting go and I am trying to work on that.

At the same time, I don't think emotions should be hidden. Anything less than acknowledging them and expressing them, is less than truth and nothing is more important to me than honesty in feelings.

I am more like Obi then Anakin, but more than that I respect the way Obi strives to be better. And I have no problem with authority, I think that's a big part of it.

I think we could all be a little more like Obi-Wan :)

laloga likes this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Yeah, if the sign says "Stay Off the Grass," I do. BUT - I may dangle a toe over it - in the air!

9. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    All of you have mentioned numerous things about Obi-Wan that make me love him. I think I'd summarise things as follows: Obi-Wan is a role model for me, the kind of person I would like to become. (I think it's true for all the characters I've really liked; they all have qualities that I aspire to emulate.) As for whether I'm actually more like Obi-Wan or Anakin, it's hard to say - I think because I like Obi-Wan more I tend to try to identify with him more and am not so aware of the ways in which I might identify with Anakin.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. laloga

Jul 28, 2011
    Hmmm...being more like one or the other. It's difficult to say, for me. Like Valiowk, I try to find parts of the characters that I really love, either to try and emulate or to acknowledge as being part of who I am. Thinking about why I gravitate to certain characters, (or certain, constant themes in my writing, for that matter), is a big part of self-discovery and knowledge.

As serendipityaey says, acknowledging emotions is hugely important, though it's often difficult for me to express them simply because I'm so painfully introverted; I live in my head and it's hard to remember to come out, sometimes!

Obi-Wan represents a level of integrity that I like to think I possess, or at least aspire to. Again, as Ashley says, he strives to always be better, to learn and grow and change, which is definitely something that I try to do as well. Life is a journey and all that, right? :p

Anakin and I...well, we're both very emotional people, but I tend to keep things inside rather than let them out. This doesn't mean that I don't understand the value of expressing what's inside...it just means it's hard for me, personally.

Well said! [face_love]

11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

Laying back, Siri tried to arrange herself in the most alluring position, so as to direct Obi-Wan's attention right back to where she wanted it, but even as the shaking stopped he didn't even turn his head...

Brow knitting, she frowned and then decided to try a more direct approach. "Obi-Wan," she called, her voice soft as she reached for him, trailing her fingertips along his bicep.

"Shhh," he hushed her with a finger to his lips as he met her eyes which were now flashing with irritation. "Afterquake..." he muttered and the room began to shake again.

Siri threw up her arms in frustration. "I haven't even gotten a pre-quake yet!"

Obi-Wan turned to her, one eyebrow raised. "Impatient?"

Siri didn't bother to answer, instead she grabbed his arms, pulling him down to her.

"But there might be damage -" he protested, his senses still focused outward on their surroundings.

"I'm sure everything's fine," she murmured, hands slipping down his sides. "Do you hear any screaming?"

"No..." he answered, head tilted.

"Well, I had hoped you would be by now. You've got some time to make up, Kenobi, better get to work..."

Obi-Wan had never been one to back down from a challenge, so he met her playful grin with one of his own, and bent his head to adorn her face and neck with kisses. After only a moment he felt the slickness of a sheen of sweat on his torso and he paused, noticing Siri looked quite flushed as well. Certainly they hadn't worked up a sweat after only a moment of kissing? Of course, he was quite good at kissing, if he did say so himself - but really, Siri was just laying there and he hadn't even moved on to the vigorous kissing yet...

"Don't stop, Obi-Wan." Siri's eyes fluttered open and she tried to pull him back to her. "You're making me so hot..."

"It's not me," he muttered, sitting up again, reaching out with the Force. "The heating system must have been damaged in the quake..."

laloga likes this.
  12. laloga

Jul 28, 2011
    "Not our problem," she replied, even though the words were slightly panted.

Obi-Wan shook his head and concentrated; from what he could tell, the entire Temple was now in even more turmoil than before, and he looked back at her. Lying before him, flushed as she was, she looked quite ravishing, but he had other things on his mind all of a sudden. "We should check in with the other Masters...they might need our help..."

As he began to pull out his comlink, Siri exhaled and sat up as well, smoothing her hair back and seeming to be lost in thought while he tried to comm someone - anyone. It didn't work. Communications must be down, he thought with a frown.

Perhaps sensing his distress, Siri cleared her throat. "I can sense the others, but nobody seems very distressed...just a bit warm."

"But what if they need assistance?"

Siri sighed, then something wicked sparkled in her eyes. "But Master Kenobi," she said, sitting up straighter and running a hand through his hair, the action sending a shiver down his spine. "I need assistance, too."

Her touch was electric, and he found his mind turning back to their position. Really, she did look quite lovely all flushed and bothered. "Oh?"

She grinned. "I'm all sweaty...most unbecoming for a Jedi Master. I think I need a shower...care to join me?"

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    A grin spread across Obi-Wan's face. He wouldn't mind, not at all. He swept Siri into his arms and used the Force to turn on the water. Siri locked her legs around Obi-Wan's waist as he stepped into the shower - and yelped.

Siri's eyes widened and her eyes followed Obi-Wan's - down - and down - and - oh.

"Size really doesn't matter," she whispered, for the water was icy cold. The heating was out of whack - hot - and the hot water system was out of whack - ice.

"No - not that, Force, I've lost all feeling - I'm turning into an block of ice," Obi-Wan groaned.

"My Obi-sicle," Siri said tenderly and gently tried a bit of light massage.

Creak...

"Hey - don't break it!"

laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Rather than edit, I'll throw in a new post:

ruth baulding
    obimom
    serendipityaey
    laloga
    Valiowk

Fanfic has editing restored.

To edit a TITLE it is TWO (2) steps:
    1. Edit
    2. More Options - at this time you'll see the title bar

Deb, don't fall all over yourself. [face_laugh]

As for editing truncated posts, mods have not announced any changes to that as yet. My understanding is that of course you can (now) edit the post to fill in the whole story BUT if you modify the post in any way, the system "restore" will restore the entire original post overwriting any editing you do manually. If you don't change anything, then no problem.

15. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Good to know :)

Also, yes please! Don't break it! I'm going to need it later

16. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Love the direction the story is taking...the hotness! //fans self :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Obi-heatwave! [face_love]

He has the whole Temple feeling it

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    No, Obi-Wan has an icicle currently.

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I just meant in reply to the hotness, sorry. Yes he is a Popsicle now. And Popsicles are for licking...

obimom and laloga like this.
  20. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    eh? o_O

So If I copied from FF my chapters and replaced the messed up chapters on here with the complete chapters from FF, can I do that or will it mess everything up. Should I wait till the mods fix the posts?

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    obimom:
    So yes.

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Sigh....I'll wait then. I want the post to be right when I begin posting again.

In the meantime, I'm working on my next chappie for FF - and struggling with it too a little. Just trying to get wording right. And I'm no good at describing war battles...I relied pretty heavily on Wookiepedia this time for some of the details about the Geonosis battle.

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    You're writing 'The Gift' aren't you? Because I love it!

24. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yes I am, and I just sent my hopefully finished draft to Val for beta...maybe this weekend will see the new chapter posted after all...or if not, early in the week.

And Thanks! :)

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure it will be brilliant! (And I'll make sure to start reviewing to :))