main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I've been working earlier hours this week because I've been in training. I was one of six people (out of at least a couple hundred) chosen for a special test run our company is having. If we're successful, it will mean bonuses and probably a raise. I feel so honored ...I've worked really hard this past year at this job and I'm beginning to see my hard work pay off. Execs who came down to talk to us told us we were hand picked for this because of our excellent work.

(Ok, I admit it...a little boasting..but I'm pretty proud of this..):D

Oh, and Go Val!! Plot bunny away. I can't wait!! :p

Off to fine tune my chapter and then post it...

Eryndil likes this.
  2. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ok, it's posted! Now to go read Ruth's update...:D

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan appears in the last episode of the arc... so its all Maul for today's and next weeks up, and then Obi-Wan appears a week after that

ruth baulding likes this.
  4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What!!!!!!!!!!

No Obi-Wan
    for another two weeks!
    Blasphemy!

FARK2005 and ruth baulding like this.
  5. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Is that true? That's disappointing. I kinda thought he would be in all oi it, darn

6. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm with you. It's a gyp. !!
    You would think that Darth Maul is the hero.....

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Not hero - main protagonist. Ruth: if you're emailing me, Comcast is not allowing me into my emails this afternoon - or now. So PM me or wait til email is up.

8. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yeah... I still feel darned. I suppose he'll get there just in time to feel like he failed [face_plain]
    I'd just like to see something different. For a change. I thought he might be in this arc more. Silly me, right :p ;)

Because of random things, I've also been thinking a lot about women in media lately and I'd really - just once, just for a minute - *really* like to see my hero have one positive relationship with a woman that isn't portrayed as totally emotional/dramatic, damaged, or ...dead. [face_plain] The three D's. Heck, I'd even settle for a good conversation with a nice, intelligent, caring checker at the grocery store. Women don't have to just be dramatic plot devices.

laloga likes this.
  9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Hey, at least women have advanced to dramatic plot devices from mere eye candy/heroine in distress.

10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, much wasted opportunity there in TCW, at least. But I fear that plot device is about the extent of it, and it does sell short both characters. Alas.

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Sounds like TCW needs to be upped by our fav fanfic authors re: characterization. Ruth? Others?

12. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    You and Ruth are so good at that, and I barely watch TCW...I enjoy reading your stories much more. (both of you)..

I finally watched the third ep of this season on You Tube last night...and Obi was in it a little, but not much...

It more focused on the little Jedi Prodigy, Ashoka...although it was sort of laughable how Anakin was dispelling so much wisdom to her ... I kept waiting for Obi-Wan to crack up and look at Anakin in amazement...:p

13. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Ah,so I'm not missing much.so what does Maul do there that doesn't require Obiwan? What does Dave Filoni want?for Ahsoka to vanquish Maul?:-D

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Yup. See, all those little cut-outs in her outfit allow her midichlorians to bask in the Force, kind of like our skin creates Vit D from sun exposure. She'll be knighted at 17 or 18 most likely since she's already the equal of Obi-Wan in Force abilities and wisdom and has somehow avoided having the tar beaten out of her.

ruth baulding and obimom like this.
  15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Someone needs to write a FF where she's not as clever as she thinks and she gets the tar beaten out of her..

Or would that be mean spirited?

Maybe Siri can come along and give her some wisdom ;)

16. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    He's trying to gather the means to vanquish Obi-Wan :p I'm probably the only one who likes the focus on Maul and seeing what he's up to... well in this thread anyway :p

I also get the feeling I'm the only one here who likes Ahsoka!!! Though if she kills Maul then that would be dumb and disastrous. Anakin shouldn't either. Don't mind if he duels Maul but to kill him no! I'll settle for only two people to get rid of him and one of them is Obi-Wan!

17. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    *saunters in*

And now some wonderful wisdom/advice/whatever from Obi-Wan Kenobi:
    [​IMG]
    *saunters out*

obimom and ruth baulding like this.
  18. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Maul is a killing machine,so either Anakin kills him or he gets killed. Anakin-Maul duel would be interesting though. i haven't seen Maul use Sith lightning.how come?

19. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Aha! I think you have it - what Obi-Wan needs to do is to show more skin and he'll be back to the impressive Jedi we all know and love ;) Excellent idea.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  20. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oooh -ooooh -ooooh!!!
    I want to see THAT episode. I noticed that when Maul wore clothes, Obi-Wan cut him in half. Now that he's shirtless, he's got the upper hand. Clearly this is what accounts for the difference. Maybe Obi-Wan could just extend the typical cast-off-the-cloak routine to a few more layers. I mean, TCW has already deprived him of his cloak for the most part, and old habits are hard to break. He can swagger into the room, strip off his shirt and then do the fancy saber salute. Mm. And then we can finally see whether he has any tattoos hidden under all those Jedi tunics.

FARK2005 likes this.
  21. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    You mean, besides the "I heart Siri Satine Asajj watch this space" tattoo? ;)

ruth baulding and Valairy Scot like this.
  22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Swaggers into the room and strip teases - Maul and Savage are struck silent in awe and admiration and bow down to Obi-Wan, who won't kill struck dumb SIth wannebees because it's not in self-defense so Ahsoka and Anakin sneak up and skewer them - only it's all Anakin because Ahsoka is also struck speechless...

Eryndil likes this.
  23. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Now I'm speechless.:p

24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    oops, the show just got moved to the 11 pm slot.

25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Mmmmmmm... I'm not a tattoo person, but I love Ewan's tattoo. Sexy and adorable somehow. Obi-Wan could so take after Ewan - Five girls on that beautiful arm! :D

laloga likes this.