main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Helloooo Ladies! (and Gentlemen, whoever you may be).

It's Friday evening, I'm off for the weekend, but Monday begin a very important month for the company (of which I was one of 15 "underlings" chosen to be a part. If we're successful, it will mean a huge payoff for the company , not to mention many rewards, monetarily and others for those of us involved. I'm really excited about it, and hope we do well. Very well.

Anyhoo...Obi-Wan...ah yes. [face_love] Have a lot to do this weekend but will try to do some catchup reading and also some writing...speaking of which, since Ruth's update isn't up yet, I could go work on something right now....

:D

Oh, BTW, LOVE the Obi and Bail pic. I Just have to find those book again and reread them.

2. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hey all, if you haven't check out Eryndil's one shots, "Devil on my Shoulder" and "Saber Practice" you need to...they are fantastic!

One you'll laugh, one you'll cry...guess which one is which? :p

3. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Where is Saber Practice posted? "here" or "there"? By the way, Eryndil, speaking of saber practice, the requested Punch and Judy scene involving the hero and heroine whacking each other with sticks is all ready to go. Since you asked.

4. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ruth, it's posted in both places..take you pick. You'll love it...:p

5. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Wow, obimom thank you for mentioning my fanfics - how very kind :) So, how much do I owe you for that? ;) :D

Hope this month goes well for you and your colleagues.

Did I ask? :eek:

6. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Saber Practice was really nice! Love Obi's humor. Didn't get a chance for the other one yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

laloga likes this.
  7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Obi-Wan, the light finds him even in the shadows

[​IMG]

laloga, Veloz, Eryndil and 2 others like this.
  8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oops. I had it in my head that was you.... well, apparently juvenile onset Alzheimer's has claimed me. Ah well, young Liam in your "Saber Practice" story wil approve, at any rate, so it's not wasted...

9. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ah...just gaze into those gorgeous eyes...[face_love]

10. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh oh oh! I've never seen that one - where does it come from?

11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    My dreams...

Oh! Err...umm... Google?

laloga and obimom like this.
  12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    According to Wookieepedia, there is the same pic where they said about the mission on Zigoola. The same pic as this one.

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I can't find the specific spoiler policy listed for this forum, but folks, remember there IS ONE so we cannot talk specifics about Obi-Wan in the latest TCW episode without spoiler tags - {spoiler] and {/spoiler} only using [] rather than {].

I'm sure we will wish to discuss Obi-Wan's words, thoughts and actions - I also suspect some of you may not see the episode until later tonight (?)...I'll watch a second time before saying much. I've been too busy defending Obi-Wan over in the TCW threads. ;)

laloga, FARK2005, hlc88 and 1 other person like this.
  14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    It was a good ep! It felt very Star Wars-y. I definitely have feelings about when Obi did this, this, and that. And that, too. I'm glad you're there to defend him! I decided to write a little tiny bit of romance for him instead :p :)

laloga likes this.
  15. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Aaaaaagh! I haven't seen it yet. Dag nab it. I couldn't watch it on TV this morning becasue my poor daughter (the 12 ry old madly in love with Obi-Wan) is a huge fan of happy ending romances and , um, I suspected this might not be a good one for her to watch, as she gets rather violently emotional when things end tragically.
    I take it ther's much to discuss..

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Your daughter would not be jumping for joy, no. When will you be seeing this - did you DVR/tape it?

17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Sigh, your daughter and I were cut from the same cloth. Although this episode was fine for me as no characters I am attached to
    in no way met any tragic endings.
    I'm much more invested in fic anway, far more than the cartoon. Is that odd? Still, sigh...

Although for the most part I prefer a bittersweet ending, actually.

18. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    I actively go and look for spoilers :D Mind you, that's partly because I don't have access to any channels that show TCW!

I am also more interested in fic than the cartoon (the latter is rather annoying for various reasons) and fic versions of TCW are the best of both worlds! RB, I guess your daughter won't have much luck with anything from PT era - as we know, the OT is better for happy endings...unless she gets into AU fanfics ;)

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    And there are some great AU, or even slightly AU fanfics out there! :D Happy *moments* are nice as well, as opposed to the harder to achieve endings

laloga likes this.
  20. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Absolutely, the advantage of AU is that you can give characters the ending that they deserve (in our opinion, anyway!) rather than the one they get in canon. That's what makes it such a popular choice - I've noticed that many of the most favorited fics on ff.net are AUs. I'm not surprised - happy endings are much nicer (I like them too)

laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hello there!

I spent the day with my family, doing a little shopping, eating, etc.

Anyway, re: AUs. The whole reason I began writing Siriwan FF is because I couldn't stand that Siri had bbeen killed in Secrets of the Jedi...it just made his exile on Tatooine all the more tragic to me, that he not only lost everything he' had ever loved, he also lost the woman he had loved as well ...so I began by writing my version of how Obi-Wan spent his time on Tatooine...

And have progressed from there...and now I'm a hypocrite because I ended up doing what I thought I would never do in a FF, ;)

But overall, I do prefer Obi in a happy ending, although the Canon version of his time on Tatooine is very poignant, very much in Obi's character. He always did what was necessary, even at his own expense.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Having finally seen the episode.... I feel like I should be defending him to! But you put it so well that I don't know what else I could contribute! I think they did this episode right though if that makes any sense.

23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    It seems like I have missed a lot of fun. (Don't tell me anything, I haven't watched the episode yet. :p)

24. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001

Or not see it at all.Cartoon Network here stopped showing TCW,just when things are getting interesting. Now I will have to wait until the DVD comes out. hmmmm,is there a chance for Disney Channel to show it?

25. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    She was ?! :-O I will have to check that out.